ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 159 of 293
« First < 59109149155156157158159 160161162163169209259 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2017-2018 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread *****
saphojunkie 11:27 AM 04-06-2017
Fuck the elite 8. Final Four or bust, baby.

Will update as people declare for the draft/transfer/commit

ROSTER:

Spoiler!

UPDATE: Important new dates:

Kansas 2017 Summer Tour - Italy
Spoiler!

NON CON SCHEDULE:

Spoiler!

BIG 12 SCHEDULE:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Chiefspants 04:33 PM 03-08-2018
Theoretically, Brucey should just feed it to Wade inside and beat us by 10+ tomorrow.

So I fully expect him to gameplan to ignore Wade for the entire game.
[Reply]
kstater 05:15 PM 03-08-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Theoretically, Brucey should just feed it to Wade inside and beat us by 10+ tomorrow.

So I fully expect him to gameplan to ignore Wade for the entire game.
It's what he did the entire second half today after Wade had a good first half

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Chiefspants 05:16 PM 03-08-2018
Originally Posted by kstater:
It's what he did the entire second half today after Wade had a good first half

If I'm Weber, I'd ride that strategy all the way to an Elite 8...

Or further, Dean is that good. I was amazed about how invisible he was from Bruce's gameplan in Manhattan.
[Reply]
kstater 05:24 PM 03-08-2018
If I'm Weber, I'd ride that strategy all the way to an Elite 8...

Or further, Dean is that good. I was amazed about how invisible he was from Bruce's gameplan in Manhattan.
You're missing what I'm saying, Wade stood out on the wing the entire 2nd half and touched the ball maybe 4 times

[Reply]
Chiefspants 05:25 PM 03-08-2018
Originally Posted by kstater:
You're missing what I'm saying, Wade stood out on the wing the entire 2nd half and touched the ball maybe 4 times

Ahhhh - I admittedly didn't catch the KSU game. I apologize, I should know by now to assume the worst when it comes to Bruce.

Even as a KU fan, it pisses me off to watch such a talented player standing vacantly at the wing for such a large percentage of the offensive gameplan.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:09 PM 03-08-2018
Ahhhh - I admittedly didn't catch the KSU game. I apologize, I should know by now to assume the worst when it comes to Bruce.

Even as a KU fan, it pisses me off to watch such a talented player standing vacantly at the wing for such a large percentage of the offensive gameplan.
Right on.

I can appreciate Wade. It’s obvious he works hard. And it’s absolutely abysmal how they use him.
[Reply]
sedated 08:15 PM 03-08-2018
Just randomness, since people have seemed to declare the Big 12 the best conference in basketball for the last....decade(?)

Since 2000 (17 years), the ACC has 7 national titles. That doesn't include Syracuse and Louisville, who are now in the ACC but werent when they won theirs. 9 of the last 17 champions. Seems like some SEC football shit.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 08:35 PM 03-08-2018
Originally Posted by sedated:
Just randomness, since people have seemed to declare the Big 12 the best conference in basketball for the last....decade(?)

Since 2000 (17 years), the ACC has 7 national titles. That doesn't include Syracuse and Louisville, who are now in the ACC but werent when they won theirs. 9 of the last 17 champions. Seems like some SEC football shit.
Well... of those 7 titles, 6 are between Duke and UNC, and then Maryland had one in 2001. Outside of those 2 CBB giants, rest of the ACC has been mostly trash.

Hard to say...from top to bottom Big12 has had the better teams.

Problem is, they never show up in March when it counts. Other than Kansas and OU had a FF sprinkled in there.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:38 PM 03-08-2018
UNC might get shutout.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:38 PM 03-08-2018
For all of this team’s faults, they definitely seem to have grit. You can’t keep this team down for long.

Unfortunately, it only takes one loss to get bounced in either of these tourneys. Let’s see how deep they can dig.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:39 PM 03-08-2018
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
UNC might get shutout.
Awww... oh well.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:44 PM 03-08-2018
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I turned on the radio yesterday and learned about Azabuke's injury. Keitzman was talking like "his handlers" might want to hold him out to get ready for the NBA draft. WTF? Every mock I've looked at does not include Doke.
Handlers? Does he think this guy is Joel Embiid? :-)

Udoka does absolutely nothing at a NBA level. Just a pitiful rebounder for someone his size (side note: it was nice to actually have somebody who would fight and grab loose balls today in De Sousa, was a noticeable difference from Udoka). He's not getting drafted this year and would be crazy to leave.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 08:52 PM 03-08-2018
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Handlers? Does he think this guy is Joel Embiid? :-)

Udoka does absolutely nothing at a NBA level. Just a pitiful rebounder for someone his size (side note: it was nice to actually have somebody who would fight and grab loose balls today in De Sousa, was a noticeable difference from Udoka). He's not getting drafted this year and would be crazy to leave.
Pretty much this.

I've been sadly amazed at how poor of a rebounder he is for someone his size. He's really a one trick pony down low (catch ball/dunk ball), def not ready for the NBA...by any measure lol.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:58 PM 03-08-2018
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Pretty much this.

I've been sadly amazed at how poor of a rebounder he is for someone his size. He's really a one trick pony down low (catch ball/dunk ball), def not ready for the NBA...by any measure lol.
He's a good post-up scorer at the college level. That's it. That's all he does.

The NBA isn't looking for post-up scorers these days and they are especially not looking for post-up scorers who can easily be neutralized by fouling, aren't mobile enough to switch on to guards, and don't rebound well for their size.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:09 PM 03-08-2018
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
He's a good post-up scorer at the college level. That's it. That's all he does.

The NBA isn't looking for post-up scorers these days and they are especially not looking for post-up scorers who can easily be neutralized by fouling, aren't mobile enough to switch on to guards, and don't rebound well for their size.
he definitely needs another year, at least. So does Newman. Every mock draft I’ve looked at only Svi and Graham are drafted.
[Reply]
Page 159 of 293
« First < 59109149155156157158159 160161162163169209259 > Last »
Up