ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 156 of 163
« First < 56106146152153154155156 157158159160 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Major Update on Tyreek Hill [old thread, don't freak out]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:44 AM 04-24-2019

Today at 3:00, Steve will be holding a press conference regarding the criminal investigation involving Tyreek Hill and Crystal Espinal. This will be held in our 4th floor conference room.

— Johnson County KS DA (@JohnsonCoDA) April 24, 2019

From @NFLTotalAccess: The latest on #Chiefs WR Tyreek Hill... pic.twitter.com/5xEpODrhuf

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 25, 2019

[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 03:34 PM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I think immaturity is a big factor as well. He was 21 or 22 when that first incident occurred, and he's only 25 now. Presumably she's about the same age.

When I was that age, I was in a relationship with a very toxic and messed up person. At my current level of age/wisdom, I would ditch her immediately. When I was 40 I would have ditched her immediately. But when I was 25? I was an idiot. It took two years of consistent problems with her to finally get me to shed her, because I simply wasn't mature enough to realize that life goes on pretty quickly.

From Tyreek's perspective, she was very attractive, and guys like that. From Crystal's perspective, he was a big chest of gold doubloons and gemstones, and women like that. And on top of that, they had a kid. They were immature young people, and they didn't have the experience to realize that they could just move on.
You make some good points but I don't think this is that simple in this case. Tyreek has some serious mental issues. He was getting help. It didn't work. He needs prison time. Just my opinion.
[Reply]
notorious 03:35 PM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by Shields68:
But the better course might be for the chiefs to have let the NFL handle the suspension. Then indicate they will reevaluate at the end of the suspension. If Hunt/Hill actually takes steps to solve the issues etc. Not sure there would be the huge fallout. The Chiefs would have been in the same position of the Browns.
I agree.

The Chiefs will have to prepare long term. It takes the NFL forever to do things.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03:35 PM 04-26-2019
Chiefs should do everything in their power to help Tyreek out but it has to be that he gets away from Crystal first
[Reply]
Mecca 03:35 PM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
You make some good points but I don't think this is that simple in this case. Tyreek has some serious mental issues. He was getting help. It didn't work. He needs prison time. Just my opinion.
Usually when you do things he's done you are supposed to move on not keep being with that person......that's like a drug addict hanging out with the people he did dope with while trying to be clean.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03:36 PM 04-26-2019
Over/ under on Hills contract extension # per year 5 mil?
[Reply]
Shields68 03:39 PM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Chiefs should do everything in their power to help Tyreek out but it has to be that he gets away from Crystal first
Not disagreeing but it really depends on the investigation. If he broke the kids arm that is one thing he is not playing here. if it turns out for discipline it was just a light swat with belt and no marks bruising etc that is another and he plays next year maybe minus a few games whether here or elsewhere.

Hopefully Tyreke put some of his salary away for a rainy day. Between the lawyers and PR firms he needs his last/next years salary is gone.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 03:40 PM 04-26-2019
Outside of the obvious concern for the kid.......i guess it was a "Solid" for the source to allow KCTV5 to release the audio prior to the draft, allowing the franchise to pivot needs, etc.

The last 48 hours, I cant help but keep asking "why us?" all the time?
[Reply]
SAUTO 03:42 PM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
I hope you are right, but look at league history.

I don’t see a ban happening.
The chiefs and the nfl are playing this one differently than the hunt situation. We'll suspend him, they'll suspend him. I don't think we cut him, at least any time soon
[Reply]
TwistedChief 03:42 PM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
The only difference between you and I
Aside from our views on the Tyreek Hill situation and the fact that I understand basic grammar learned in middle school (hint: "you and me"), I am sure there are many other differences between us and I'm quite proud of that. :-)
[Reply]
Shields68 03:44 PM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Over/ under on Hills contract extension # per year 5 mil?
Higher but he may be forced like Hunt to sign a one or two 1 year deals before going long term. He is not locking up long term for 5 million a year.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03:46 PM 04-26-2019
I’d do a 2/10 deal
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 03:48 PM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Usually when you do things he's done you are supposed to move on not keep being with that person......that's like a drug addict hanging out with the people he did dope with while trying to be clean.
Agreed.

As much as they knew they were bad for each other they both couldnt resist.. He wanted to keep hitting that and she wanted the money. It backfired... They both fucked up bad.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 03:49 PM 04-26-2019
Think the risk is not at all the tape itself, but the fact that the DA will leverage it over Crystal to get her to flip on Tyreek. I have to think that’s probably the DA’s intention if he does think Hill was the primary perpetrator of the abuse.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03:51 PM 04-26-2019
I’ve gone from wanting Tyreek to be banned from the league permanently to now signing a cheap short term contract to stay a Chief on the contingent that he leaves Crystal and never talks to her again
[Reply]
MahiMike 03:53 PM 04-26-2019
Let's draft Andy Isabella tonight. If a white WR gets busted for domestic violence I'm done w/the NFL.
[Reply]
Page 156 of 163
« First < 56106146152153154155156 157158159160 > Last »
Up