ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 153 of 154
« First < 53103143149150151152153 154 >
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL Raiders suck thread****
Hammock Parties 02:54 PM 07-26-2019
So much fail in that franchise they need an official thread like the Donkeys.

Let's get it going.

Raiders WR Antonio Brown has been placed on the non-football injury list to begin camp, per source

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) July 26, 2019

[Reply]
Dartgod 12:03 PM 06-05-2024

[Reply]
gordonelloyd 07:21 PM 06-05-2024
Both Pittsburgh and Las Vegas were badly in need of a QB upgrade. So why was Pittsburgh able to get both Wilson and Fields and the Raiders couldn’t get either of them or anyone.

Surely , they could’ve outbid Pittsburgh for Fields who bought him for nothing essentially. He is better than what they have now, and who knows he might even turn out to live up to his potential, although that would be a surprise.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:49 PM 06-05-2024
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
That was pretty funny.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 07:47 AM 06-06-2024
We have no QB.

AP promised no bandaids. He lied.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:01 AM 06-06-2024
Originally Posted by MarkDavis'Haircut:
We have no QB.

AP promised no bandaids. He lied.
But you got a good TE! Progress.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 11:09 AM 06-06-2024
Originally Posted by gordonelloyd:
Both Pittsburgh and Las Vegas were badly in need of a QB upgrade. So why was Pittsburgh able to get both Wilson and Fields and the Raiders couldn’t get either of them or anyone.

Surely , they could’ve outbid Pittsburgh for Fields who bought him for nothing essentially. He is better than what they have now, and who knows he might even turn out to live up to his potential, although that would be a surprise.
Fields is awful. Demonstrably worse than AOC or Minshew.

Wilson is better, maybe. Not a guy I'd want to bet on though.
[Reply]
Eureka 12:01 PM 06-06-2024

They're going with Aiden O'Connell. He will have an offseason with the 1st string (unlike last year being relegated to 3rd string), will have an experienced OC to work with, and they will be a defensive orientated team under coach Pierce (see last years Christmas game).
[Reply]
gordonelloyd 07:53 AM 06-07-2024
I agree that bringing in Fields would not be any guarantee of better performance and would be essentially throwing a third dart. But why not when that dart is basically free.

That’s what Pittsburgh did and it was a very good decision. No downside. And possibly some upside.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:56 AM 06-07-2024
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Fields is awful. Demonstrably worse than AOC or Minshew.

Wilson is better, maybe. Not a guy I'd want to bet on though.
That says a lot as I doubt she has ever played professional football in her life and yet Fields is still worse.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 08:11 AM 06-07-2024
I agree that bringing in Fields would not be any guarantee of better performance and would be essentially throwing a third dart. But why not when that dart is basically free.

That’s what Pittsburgh did and it was a very good decision. No downside. And possibly some upside.
Why would we bring in Fields when we signed his OC at Chicago? A pairing which failed.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:44 AM 06-07-2024
Originally Posted by MarkDavis'Haircut:
Why would we bring in Fields when we signed his OC at Chicago? A pairing which failed.
Bingo.

I'd say if we wanted Fields, he would have been ours. I'm guessing Getsy was thrilled to be away from Fields.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 08:43 PM 06-15-2024
Uhoh

1. The quarterback situation is concerning

Both Aidan O’Connell and Gardner Minshew struggled during OTAs. They split snaps with the first string fairly evenly, but neither found much success during the practices that were open to reporters. The quarterbacks (and the rest of the offense) are still in the early stages of getting comfortable in coordinator Luke Getsy’s offense. Understandably, there have been some growing pains, but it’s still troubling that neither O’Connell nor Minshew displayed much progress results-wise by the end of OTAs.

Both quarterbacks struggled to push the ball downfield, had too many off-target throws and frequently put the ball in harm’s way. The Raiders will need better than that to avoid the offense being a liability yet again. The good news is there’s still plenty of time for O’Connell and Minshew to get better in training camp before the season arrives.

“I told our guys, ‘Don’t get frustrated, just trust the process,’” Pierce said. “I think you’ll see growth as we go through training camp.”
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 08:45 PM 06-15-2024
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Uhoh

1. The quarterback situation is concerning

Both Aidan O’Connell and Gardner Minshew struggled during OTAs. They split snaps with the first string fairly evenly, but neither found much success during the practices that were open to reporters. The quarterbacks (and the rest of the offense) are still in the early stages of getting comfortable in coordinator Luke Getsy’s offense. Understandably, there have been some growing pains, but it’s still troubling that neither O’Connell nor Minshew displayed much progress results-wise by the end of OTAs.

Both quarterbacks struggled to push the ball downfield, had too many off-target throws and frequently put the ball in harm’s way. The Raiders will need better than that to avoid the offense being a liability yet again. The good news is there’s still plenty of time for O’Connell and Minshew to get better in training camp before the season arrives.

“I told our guys, ‘Don’t get frustrated, just trust the process,’” Pierce said. “I think you’ll see growth as we go through training camp.”
AP,

You promised no bandaids.

This is what you get.

But they both have great mustaches.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 10:58 PM 06-15-2024
Raiders/Raiders fans are going to hang their hats on that XMas win over the Chiefs for 5 years. It will be the high point of so many careers, which is simultaneously funny and depressing all at the same time. Raiders, Broncos, and Chargers will be gifted pre-season titles by the on-air prognosticators but they will never ever come to pass. Maxx Crosby can force any head coaching hires he wants — the guy will never win anything with the Raiders.
[Reply]
Eureka 11:59 PM 06-15-2024
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
Raiders/Raiders fans are going to hang their hats on that XMas win over the Chiefs for 5 years. It will be the high point of so many careers, which is simultaneously funny and depressing all at the same time. Raiders, Broncos, and Chargers will be gifted pre-season titles by the on-air prognosticators but they will never ever come to pass. Maxx Crosby can force any head coaching hires he wants — the guy will never win anything with the Raiders.
The Christmas game was won because "they have doggs" on defense. Say what you will but the Raiders could be 0-6 and will raise to occasion against the Chiefs. Just how it is with division opponents.
[Reply]
Page 153 of 154
« First < 53103143149150151152153 154 >
Up