ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 153 of 197
« First < 53103143149150151152153 154155156157163 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs trade Tyreek Hill to the Dolphins
Dante84 10:34 AM 03-23-2022
Will update OP with more info.

Here it is: The #Chiefs are trading six-time Pro Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the #Dolphins, sources tell me and @TomPelissero.

The return is a first-round pick and more, while Hill gets a contract extension that puts him among the highest paid WRs in the NFL.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 23, 2022

Chiefs are trading six-time Pro-Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the Miami Dolphins for five draft picks: a 2022 1st-round pick (No. 29), a 2nd-round pick (No. 50) and a 4th-round pick, as well as 4th- and 6th-round picks in the 2023 draft, sources tell ESPN.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2022

[Reply]
htismaqe 04:05 PM 11-07-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Both, yes.

One is making these things possible for the other. Neither guy would be having nearly this level of success without the other guy, IMO.

(Which was why I wanted to add more speed, not more size, to attack the Cover 2 last offseason).

Admittedly, it's just my working theory and one I've had for a bit now. So I'm biased here. But that's definitely the world as I see it and were I trying to put Hill to his highest and best use, I'd be hard pressed to find a complementary offensive weapon I'd prefer than Waddle. He's such a dangerous downfield threat.
Unfortunately, we're never really in a position to get a guy like Waddle. :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:07 PM 11-07-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Nope - and now we don't have Hill anymore.

At this point it's just not a model we should be trying to replicate (unfortunately).

We've chosen our course...
[Reply]
O.city 04:14 PM 11-07-2022
Guys like Waddle come from the 2nd round or later all the time.

via GIPHY

[Reply]
tredadda 04:14 PM 11-07-2022
True, but that’s also because we have Reid/Mahomes. I would rather go without a Waddle type WR than Reid/Mahomes.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 04:15 PM 11-07-2022
Teams apparently forget all about the cover 2 shell concept in the offseason.
Chiefs never had a ‘Waddle’ on the other side of the field. If they did, we would have never seen that Cover 2 Defense. And even if we did, it wouldn’t have been near as effective.

Hill’s career numbers are in for a nice boost playing opposite Waddle. Of course, he may not win as much. But I’m not sure he cares about that anymore. He established himself as elite, won a Super Bowl, got his money, now he’s probably focusing on legacy and HOF status.

I don’t hold it against him, though. It is what it is. Win win trade for both sides. We’re a better overall team and will continue to get better. Miami is a better team than before and he’ll probably get to put up better numbers cause Miami will force feed him the ball.

He can be the ‘star’ there. He would have always been second or third fiddle here to Pat and probably Kelce as well.
[Reply]
-King- 04:17 PM 11-07-2022
Teams apparently forget all about the cover 2 shell concept in the offseason.
No they didn't. It's just that they have a good WR2. So teams can double him or just sit up top like they did with us. That's why we were excited to pair Juju with him.
[Reply]
DRM08 04:17 PM 11-07-2022
Nope - and now we don't have Hill anymore.

At this point it's just not a model we should be trying to replicate (unfortunately).

We've chosen our course...
They should spend the money on OL & Defense. The team had problems in those areas even when Tyreek was involved. Need a stronger OL with a stronger run game and stronger pass protection. That should be top priority.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:21 PM 11-07-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
No they didn't. It's just that they have a good WR2. So teams can double him or just sit up top like they did with us. That's why we were excited to pair Juju with him.
According to DJ, Juju isn't the complement he's talking about though. Juju and Waddle are two completely different players with different skills sets and roles.

But I get the argument, yes.
[Reply]
-King- 04:39 PM 11-07-2022
According to DJ, Juju isn't the complement he's talking about though. Juju and Waddle are two completely different players with different skills sets and roles.

But I get the argument, yes.
I think Waddle let's you do literally anything you want to do on offense cause of his speed and because he's a better overall WR than Juju. But yeah, teams still wouldn't be able to play the same defense last year if we had Juju.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:40 PM 11-07-2022
I think Waddle let's you do literally anything you want to do on offense cause of his speed and because he's a better overall WR than Juju. But yeah, teams still wouldn't be able to play the same defense last year if we had Juju.
DJ literally said that the ability to stretch the field BEYOND 30 yards is what Waddle and Hill bring.

Juju doesn't bring that so I'm failing to see where Juju is the equivalent of Waddle, he just doesn't have the tools.
[Reply]
O.city 04:41 PM 11-07-2022
Remember last year when there was all the draft rumors about the Chiefs wanting to trade up for Ruggs or whoever while the still had Tyreek?

Andy knew what was up.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 04:44 PM 11-07-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
They should spend the money on OL & Defense. The team had problems in those areas even when Tyreek was involved. Need a stronger OL with a stronger run game and stronger pass protection. That should be top priority.
It’s hard to fix the Oline, no matter who you get they still won’t be able to stop the top pass rushers in the league, it will take a HOFer like Orlando Pace or Willie Roaf to do it, it’s a bitch.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:45 PM 11-07-2022
Sure they would. They'd treat him exactly like they treated Pringle.

He's not a man-beater. He's not a downfield threat that REQUIRES you dedicate safety help to him. He's an intermediate guy that will let you shade to provide help defense in the same way teams shaded the Hill/Kelce combo.

Waddle is a boundary player who can obliterate man coverage anywhere on the field. That's a MUCH different player than JJSS and he must be treated differently.

As I said before we even traded Hill, MVS is the kind of guy that I think would've opened things up a bit vs. 2-high shells more than JJSS would've. That was why I just didn't have much interest in JJSS when it looked like Hill was going to get extended.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:48 PM 11-07-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Remember last year when there was all the draft rumors about the Chiefs wanting to trade up for Ruggs or whoever while the still had Tyreek?

Andy knew what was up.
Good point.

Conventional wisdom was "what do they need Ruggs for, they have Hill!"

I wonder if he wasn't seeing the world as I was, a couple years before I was. Would make sense - guy knows more about the game than I do...
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:49 PM 11-07-2022
Sure they would. They'd treat him exactly like they treated Pringle.

He's not a man-beater. He's not a downfield threat that REQUIRES you dedicate safety help to him. He's an intermediate guy that will let you shade to provide help defense in the same way teams shaded the Hill/Kelce combo.

Waddle is a boundary player who can obliterate man coverage anywhere on the field. That's a MUCH different player than JJSS and he must be treated differently.

As I said before we even traded Hill, MVS is the kind of guy that I think would've opened things up a bit vs. 2-high shells more than JJSS would've. That was why I just didn't have much interest in JJSS when it looked like Hill was going to get extended.
Toney could make things interesting.
[Reply]
Page 153 of 197
« First < 53103143149150151152153 154155156157163 > Last »
Up