ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 152 of 161
« First < 52102142148149150151152 153154155156 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official Defending Super Bowl Champions Kansas City Chiefs vs Denver Broncos****
Titty Meat 11:00 PM 10-24-2020
Fuck Donk 4 ever
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:30 PM 10-25-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
What an odd week of games. First we completely demolish the Bills but the score is close late. Then this week, we pretty much get manhandled by both of their lines for long stretches of the game, but win by a million.
The pass protection wasn't great but I wouldn't say the line got manhandled.

CEH averaged 5.8 ypc and Bell average 6.5 ypc against the 4th-best run defense in the league (3.7 ypc).
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:31 PM 10-25-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
And then Patrick should look better since its the Donks.

The thing is its the NFL if you decide to mail it in one weekend the worst team by the record in the league can outplay you and maybe beat you.

I don't know who should get credit for the rush three or four and defend the middle and back end. Whoever its has confused Patrick and he still hasn't quite figured it out. To compound it more the o line is not handling the pressure and Patrick is taking a beating. The weather didn't help much today lets hope he gets more confidence to throw into it.

The Offensive line cant keep being overlooked Mahomes took 2 shots today that knocks out many QBs. He also took a roundhouse fist to his helmet by a BT who was trying to strip Pat kinda shook his head after that. Ref was right there so I guess that's not a penalty.
DEN D is way better than JAC D. Not in the same universe.

but there were a couple drives where we were moving the ball pretty well, and then stalled out. I was watching with several buddies and a few barley pops might've been involved, so I wasn't watching as closely as usual, so I'm not totally sure what happened throughout. But that was puzzling.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:32 PM 10-25-2020
Denver's defense is considerably better than the Jags.
[Reply]
keg in kc 06:33 PM 10-25-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The pass protection wasn't great but I wouldn't say the line got manhandled.

CEH averaged 5.8 ypc and Bell average 6.5 ypc against the 4th-best run defense in the league (3.7 ypc).
I said they were manhanded for long stretches of the game. Not the whole game. We definitely had our moments...

Defense did too.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 06:35 PM 10-25-2020

The thing is its the NFL if you decide to mail it in one weekend the worst team by the record in the league can outplay you and maybe beat you.

I don't know who should get credit for the rush three or four and defend the middle and back end. Whoever its has confused Patrick and he still hasn't quite figured it out. To compound it more the o line is not handling the pressure and Patrick is taking a beating. The weather didn't help much today lets hope he gets more confidence to throw into it.

The Offensive line cant keep being overlooked Mahomes took 2 shots today that knocks out many QBs. He also took a roundhouse fist to his helmet by a DT who was trying to strip Pat kinda shook his head after that. Ref was right there so I guess that's not a penalty.
We have seen him sling it in snowier and just as cold conditions as these. The snow game against Denver last year the team as a whole looked like kids playing backyard ball they were having so much fun and having so much success.

Weather was not an issue today, as is evidenced by the facts that it hasn’t been in the past and that the issues we saw we have been seeing prior to today.
[Reply]
keg in kc 06:36 PM 10-25-2020
I also think, like I think every game, that we kill ourselves sometimes with really head-scratching playcalling. Like when you recover a fumble on the 20 yardline and then immediately decide to unveil the package with CEH and Bell and empty the backfield. Then try to run outside to the right on the weak side of the formation (does that make it a double-weak play, since we always struggle running right?).
[Reply]
O.city 06:40 PM 10-25-2020
Mahomes talked about in the post game how once they got the defense rolling he kinda went conservative

I don’t like it but I’m this situation it was smart. Just take what they give you, get your win and move on. They need Schwartz and Watkins to get healthy
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:40 PM 10-25-2020
I also think, like I think every game, that we kill ourselves sometimes with really head-scratching playcalling. Like when you recover a fumble on the 20 yardline and then immediately decide to unveil the package with CEH and Bell and empty the backfield. Then try to run outside to the right on the weak side of the formation (does that make it a double-weak play, since we always struggle running right?).
That's a big part of it.

Pat still needs to focus on taking what he's given. Too many low-probability deep shots that just aren't there.

Situational playcalling needs to improve.

And finally, execution has to be better. Seems like the offensive line always has a timely penalty or a failed protection that stalls a drive.
[Reply]
O.city 06:42 PM 10-25-2020
A lot of the pressure today was on Mahomes. They’re bringing more than we can block, gotta get it sorted and get it out quick.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:42 PM 10-25-2020
What a beautiful waltz this game was, no need sitting on the edge of your couch... just lie back and laugh

We danced around them so elegantly, they were wholly outclassed by our every glance and movement

KC yanked down their drawers and pulled out the paddle
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:43 PM 10-25-2020
The offense will get there. But we can't keep doing what we're doing. Andy for 3 straight drives ran the ball once and we got 0 first downs out of it. He was otherwise almost 50/50 run pass the rest of the game. Mahomes for some reason missed a few overloads and a few times he didn't take the wide open short pass. The pass pro went back to being problematic. I also wonder if mahomes is adjusting to playing a lot more snaps under center.

We have to break tendencies. Reid loves to pass and mahomes likes to look deep, but we have to face a new reality that for now we can't be that. The great news is now is a perfect time to start figuring out our identity.
[Reply]
keg in kc 06:44 PM 10-25-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Pat still needs to focus on taking what he's given. Too many low-probability deep shots that just aren't there.
I don't remember much in the way of deep shots today. Although no idea what the first play of the 2nd half was, since Keizer almost got him killed. He was certainly dropping like it was a slow-developing bomb to someone.

I don't want him to turn into Alex Smith, though. So i think I disagree about taking fewer deep shots, in theory. He's still got to take shots, just to remind teams that he can. To maintain that level of concern. If the price is an extra interception every so often, I can live with that. 16-1 is maybe a little too risk-averse. Although he has had a good half dozen picks dropped.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 06:45 PM 10-25-2020
He really is the GOAT

Patrick Mahomes had a conversation with Tyrann Mathieu before speaking with the media. He told Mathieu young Patrick would have tried to force some throws and maybe thrown a bad INT. He’s learned that when the defense is playing well and throws aren’t there, don’t force anything

— James Palmer (@JamesPalmerTV) October 26, 2020

[Reply]
htismaqe 06:50 PM 10-25-2020
I don't remember much in the way of deep shots today. Although no idea what the first play of the 2nd half was, since Keizer almost got him killed. He was certainly dropping like it was a slow-developing bomb to someone.

I don't want him to turn into Alex Smith, though. So i think I disagree about taking fewer deep shots, in theory. He's still got to take shots, just to remind teams that he can. To maintain that level of concern. If the price is an extra interception every so often, I can live with that. 16-1 is maybe a little too risk-averse. Although he has had a good half dozen picks dropped.
There was a sequence late in the first quarter or early 2nd where they ran three straight pass plays, 2 way overthrown on the boundary and the 3rd then resulted in a sack because they were behind the chains.

The seem to do that 2 or 3 times every game.
[Reply]
O.city 06:50 PM 10-25-2020
The offense needs to get back to chucking it all over the lot
[Reply]
Page 152 of 161
« First < 52102142148149150151152 153154155156 > Last »
Up