ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 150 of 379
« First < 50100140146147148149150 151152153154160200250 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the 49ers (Super Bowl Edition)
TLO 07:03 PM 01-19-2020
Well Chiefs vs Packers is what I had hoped for, but that's not happening.

Let's talk about Chiefs vs 49ers here.
[Reply]
DRM08 01:32 AM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by All22:
That's all I'm sayin...

Too many people on this forum acting like the Chiefs are invincible or like large parts you totally dominated your last 3 teams from start to finish. Even that Chargers game was pretty close.
I don't agree with anyone pushing the blowout agenda, in either direction. Both sides guilty of it from what I'm seeing all over the Internet. It's two good teams and I think it's going to be a pretty good battle regardless of the winner.
[Reply]
Hern 01:36 AM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by BossChief:
You guys have a game manager QB that turns it over frequently. 14 interceptions and 10 fumbles....that’s a lot.

The things that worry me a little about this matchup:

Matching up with Kittle might be difficult.

Your RBs out of the backfield on throws could cause damage.

Your team is overrated and will make some plays but not enough of them.
Overrated how??? KC is a 8-8 team without Mahomes (this is the part where the KC fans bring up your record before Mahomes). We’re 13-3 with a “game manager”.

How exactly are we overrated if we have a top 5 offense and a top 3 defense. How???? HOW????
[Reply]
SanDiego49er 01:36 AM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I don't agree with anyone pushing the blowout agenda, in either direction. Both sides guilty of it from what I'm seeing all over the Internet. It's two good teams and I think it's going to be a pretty good battle regardless of the winner.
I think it's more likely to be a close hard fought game. Than to be a blowout either way. People are being homers on both sides and not seeing the good and great parts on the other sides respectively.
[Reply]
Hern 01:39 AM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by SanDiego49er:
I think it's more likely to be a close hard fought game. Than to be a blowout either way. People are being homers on both sides and not seeing the good and great parts on the other sides respectively.
Bravo!!!!
[Reply]
DRM08 01:39 AM 01-23-2020
Yep. I think Vegas nailed it when they set the line at pretty much 50/50. Very good chance it's a pretty close game. I'm just hoping it's not a snoozefest like the Patriots/Rams game.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:40 AM 01-23-2020
The claim was that your defense was playing lights out... it clearly wasn't. You should be worried that Pat has to put up those kinds of performances to beat wild card teams. The 49ers are vastly superior to AFC wild card teams.
FYI: The Chiefs defense wasn't on the field for 14 points of that 24-point lead that HOU built. So really HOU offense only scored 10 points.

And the Titans? Well, they scored 17 points in the first half. And only scored one more time for the game.

Spags will figure out your offense, just like he's figured out every offense for the last 9 weeks. He'll find a way to stop it a couple times.

And then Pat will start carving up your defense.
[Reply]
John Dowd 01:40 AM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Not sure how to embed from my phone.

Unless SF can clone Richard Sherman 4 or 5 times, KC will be able to score 35-45 points in the SB. Our skill guys are going to make their linebackers and secondary look like fools.

Who’s covering Kelce? WARD? Lol Sherman won’t be able to cover Hill. Sorry. Nobody on SFs roster can cover any of our receivers. Screens and swings to our backs are going to be very effective.

I just have full confidence that these savages from KC are going to win this one and it may not even be all that close unless SF plays a perfect game and KC beats themselves.
I respect the Chiefs fans and their team. Mahome's is amazing and with these weapons he is easily the best QB in football imo.

With that said, the more and more I think about this game the more I think that the 49ers win this game decisively. Our rushing attack is nothing like the Titan's and against your 29th ranked run D, We are gonna keep Mahomes off the field and wear your D out. There's very few D's in the league who can slow the 49ers rushing attack when Kyle unleashes his playbook and the Chiefs defense certainly isn't one of them with all due respect.

I just don't see the Chiefs stopping our rush. We're gonna keep Mahomes on the sidelines limiting his oppertunities. I don't care how good anybody's offense is, nobody just scores on this defense at will when we're fully healthy. Maybe during garbage time

Our D line is no joke and the ability to rush 4 with consistent pressure from all angles is gonna a huge problem for KC. I think the Chiefs are a great team and definitely a top four team but I just don't think they match up well with us at all.

It's pretty much banking that Mahomes balls out and even if he does, there's no reason to think that the 49ers can't score against Chiefs D to be in the game.

Of course anything can happen and both teams are good enough to blow each other out if one or two things go a certain way but Chiefs fans should be very worried about what the 49ers are bringing to this matchup. If we have to open up the playbook like we did in the shootout with the Saints, we're very capable of doing that.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 01:41 AM 01-23-2020
So what's your point? As evidenced by the single-digit number of passes Jimmy threw, we didn't need our starting QB to beatdown Green Bay or Minnesota either.
My point is that we have a great team, and that it's not "all Mahomes". If you noticed, the comment I responded to was the one that said we are a "2 win team without Mahomes."
[Reply]
SanDiego49er 01:42 AM 01-23-2020
Yep. I think Vegas nailed it when they set the line at pretty much 50/50. Very good chance it's a pretty close game. I'm just hoping it's not a snoozefest like the Patriots/Rams game.
Of course I cheer for my team and want my team just as you do. But really I would not be surprised by either team holding the trophy at the end. I think they are both capable of it. Both have excellent aspects of their team and a few shortcomings each as well. There are no perfect teams out there. But these are two really strong ones.

I expect a good game which would be nice for a change. Super Bowls can be real boring sometimes. I think this one will be good. Each side will have at least that. A great game to watch and be a part of.
[Reply]
DRM08 01:43 AM 01-23-2020
Of course I cheer for my team and want my team just as you do. But really I would not be surprised by either team holding the trophy at the end. I think they are both capable of it. Both have excellent aspects of their team and a few shortcomings each as well. There are no perfect teams out there. But these are two really strong ones.

I expect a good game which would be nice for a change. Super Bowls can be real boring sometimes. I think this one will be good. Each side will have at least that. A great game to watch and be a part of.
If this thing turns into 12-9 or some crap like that...:-)
[Reply]
TripleThreat 01:44 AM 01-23-2020
Why is the team overrated? We finished 1st in the toughest division, we got the #1 seed in the NFC, every loss we've had has been at the last second (and involved massive amounts of injuries from our team) and we just crushed our two playoff opponents from start to finish. The #2 seed in the NFC was held scoreless until halfway through the 3rd.
Your team isn't overrated, you have a well balanced team, but I've said it before and I'll say it again, Jimmy G is your guys' Achilles heel. He makes bone-headed decisions from what I have seen and is IMO the reason people think you guys are overrated cause no one thinks that defense is.

You can just go down your list to be honest, and find your weakest link

Whats weaker? Jimmy G or your running game?
Whats weaker? Jimmy G or your coaching staff/playcalls?
Whats weaker? Jimmy G or your defense?
Whats weaker? Jimmy G or your Tight End?
Whats weaker? Jimmy G or your wide receivers E.Sanders/Deebo?
literally once you get down to it when looking at your team at what is the weakest link you are deciding between your receivers and Jimmy G. Everywhere else on your team is clearly superior.
[Reply]
All22 01:45 AM 01-23-2020
It's Any Given Sunday in the NFL so no result would surprise me.

That said, the 49ers haven't trailed a single second in their last 3 games (against Seattle, Minnesota, and Green Bay). Whereas the Chiefs have been down, and sometimes down big, in all of their last 3 games against much worse teams.

The narrative of the Chiefs blowing out the 49ers doesn't make much sense.
[Reply]
DRM08 01:47 AM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by John Dowd:
Chiefs fans should be very worried about what the 49ers are bringing to this matchup.
I'm not sure if "worried" is the right word to use. They were fortunate the dislocated knee for Mahomes was not more serious, or else they probably would have missed the playoffs. So they've had a great run regardless of how the next game turns out. That's my two cents anyway.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:48 AM 01-23-2020
It's Any Given Sunday in the NFL so no result would surprise me.

That said, the 49ers haven't trailed a single second in their last 3 games (against Seattle, Minnesota, and Green Bay). Whereas the Chiefs have been down, and sometimes down big, in all of their last 3 games against much worse teams.

The narrative of the Chiefs blowing out the 49ers doesn't make much sense.
Oh and the narrative about the 49ers does?

Stop fucking looking at 1 quarter of fluky football and making judgements. You see 24-0, while ignoring 52 to fucking 7.

If you aren’t aware, this team hasn’t lost by more than 8 points in something like 40 games.

If anybody is getting blown out, it’s you guys. I’m not saying that’s going to happen by any means. It’s just the more likely scenario.
[Reply]
BossChief 01:49 AM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by Hern:
Overrated how??? KC is a 8-8 team without Mahomes (this is the part where the KC fans bring up your record before Mahomes). We’re 13-3 with a “game manager”.

How exactly are we overrated if we have a top 5 offense and a top 3 defense. How???? HOW????
You haven’t faced many teams that can test you like your team is going to be tested next Sunday.

NO scored 46
Seattle scores 27
Arizona scored 26
Atlanta scored 29
Rams scored 31

KCs offense is far more talented than any of those.

Just be happy your team made it this far.

KC is winning the Super Bowl next Sunday.

Enjoy the commercials.
[Reply]
Page 150 of 379
« First < 50100140146147148149150 151152153154160200250 > Last »
Up