WEST:
#8 Blazers @ #1 Warriors
#7 Grizzlies @ #2 Spurs
#6 Thunder @ #3 Rockets
#5 Jazz @ #4 Clippers
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:16 PM 06-09-2017
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
I just don't understand how people can bash LeBron when he's leading the series in minutes, rebounds, assists, FG% (for those who actually play minutes), and is second in points while also carrying the heaviest defensive load on his team.
The series would be 2-2 now if he hadn't bitched out at the end of Game 3.

He's going to fail in this Finals for the same reason he failed against Dallas and failed against the Warriors the first time.

Stats are for losers.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:19 PM 06-09-2017
LeBron is averaging 31.8 PTS, 11.8 REB, 10.5 AST on 54% shooting in this series, which is somehow an improvement on his performance in last year's Finals (considered to be one of the greatest Finals performances of all time). Enjoy watching this level of output while it lasts because we likely won't see it again for quite a while when it stops.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:21 PM 06-09-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

He's going to fail in this Finals for the same reason he failed against Dallas and failed against the Warriors the first time.

Stats are for losers.

Tyrod Taylor is five years younger than Alex Smith, can still run, and completed 28 passes over 20 yards in 2015.

Last year Smith had TWELVE, and we all know his legs are dead.

Get the fuck out.

It's not even that Tyrod Taylor is particularly good. He's a fair to middlin' QB with some downfield ability and plus mobility.

Alex Smith is just garbage at this point, ready to be thrown out.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:24 PM 06-09-2017
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
LeBron is averaging 31.8 PTS, 11.8 REB, 10.5 AST on 54% shooting in this series, which is somehow an improvement on his performance in last year's Finals (considered to be one of the greatest Finals performances of all time). Enjoy watching this level of output while it lasts because we likely won't see it again for quite a while when it stops.
KD and Curry are having similar finals. And they'll get the ring.

Please stop.
[Reply]
penbrook 11:31 PM 06-09-2017
KD and Curry are having similar finals. And they'll get the ring.

Please stop.
Curry has been invisible these finals
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:45 PM 06-09-2017
KD and Curry are having similar finals.
If by similar, you mean worse (34, 9, and 5 on 52% shooting and 25, 8, 9 on 42% shooting), then yes.

Originally Posted by :
And they'll get the ring.
Yes, because they play on a team with two of the top 3 players in the league, 3 of the top 10, and 4 of the top 15, not because LeBron isn't the best player in this series.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:10 AM 06-10-2017
Remarkably, LeBron is +7 for the series against what is possibly the greatest team of all time. Too bad he has to rest those few minutes every game.
[Reply]
-King- 01:14 AM 06-10-2017
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
I just don't understand how people can bash LeBron when he's leading the series in minutes, rebounds, assists, FG% (for those who actually play minutes), and is second in points while also carrying the heaviest defensive load on his team.
He's great. I'm not denying that. But he chose his teammates, his coach and he has a system 100% built around him. It's not crazy that he's doing great. No one in the NBA has the luxuries he gets and the power he has on their team.

And he's been bitched on defense all series.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:50 AM 06-10-2017
Originally Posted by -King-:
He's great. I'm not denying that. But he chose his teammates, his coach and he has a system 100% built around him. It's not crazy that he's doing great. No one in the NBA has the luxuries he gets and the power he has on their team.

And he's been bitched on defense all series.
Posted via Mobile Device
He's not the same defender he was. But he's been solid enough on D. That's what happens when you have a 32 year old man with a shitload of mileage on his legs asked to play 45 minutes a game. But more importantly, they ask a lot more of him on D because his teammates are absolutely horrible at it. The Warriors can mask Curry and Durant with Klay, Draymond, and Zaza. Watch how many Warriors points come off of lazy help defense or even lazier transition defense. Not that that's an excuse. But you have to consider he's playing on an island out there.

But I agree on him putting himself in this situation and I've been often critical of Lebron the GM. He isn't nearly as good at personnel as he thinks. And it's amazing to think what kind of accomplishments he'd have beyond his already outrageous resume if he'd let a good coach come in and do his job. Actually, we did see that in Miami with Spoelstra.
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:56 AM 06-10-2017
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Yeah it was crazy and listening to all the talking heads after the game just bash how bad the officiating was. Probably the worst I have ever seen.

Also the Cavs had 39 more 3-pt shot points than the Warriors was equally as crazy. Yet GS was still in this game early in the 4th. Kerr made a big mistake not putting in Durant\Curry when they cut it to 11.

I wouldn't be surprised though to see this series go 6-7 games.
I really can't recall a team getting 20 plus free throws in the first quarter alone. That has to be a record.

It is pretty obvious the refs are star stuck with Lebron. He gets an extra step (or two) on driving inside. He walked or double dribbled at least 5 times this game and every game. Irving gets to travel up to 4 steps as well. Easy travel calls missed (or overlooked) by the refs.

I am not sure how GS is supposed to guard Lebron- he is allowed to use his body and slam his way in (draws the foul), goes over the back for a rebound (draws a foul), travels on the way to a layup, if the defender tries to contest the easy basket (automatic foul). The refs have shown by their incessant foul calling for Lebron- he is Off Limits. Just let him throw it off the backboard and slam dunk to make the game more exciting- and don't try and guard him at all or they will put him on the line.

On the flipside- Durant has been absolutely mauled- and draws the call less then 50% of the time.

Despite all of it- GS had their chances. They couldn't keep up in the 3 point contest and missed way too many layups and free throws. You could tell the refs got in their heads- their defense was shoddy most of the game. They left wide open runners all over the court for 3 point tries. When the Cavs posted up and doubled Durant and Curry- each failed to pass it to the open guy and instead tried to dribble through it, which lead to many turnovers. They need to go back to playing their brand of basketball and stop letting the refs control the game.

Even trying to be as objective as I can- it sure looked like the NBA decided to end the GS winning streak, no matter what. Millions of dollars in advertising would have been lost if the series ended. It is either this- or the refs were the Worst I have seen at Any level of organized basketball. I tried to keep a mental note on all the bad calls but lost track 6 minutes into the game. WWE has better refs.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:02 AM 06-10-2017

Stats are for losers.
:-) yet all you do is pull useless football stats (like yards) out of your ass. What's the difference?
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:58 AM 06-10-2017
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
I really can't recall a team getting 20 plus free throws in the first quarter alone. That has to be a record.

It is pretty obvious the refs are star stuck with Lebron. He gets an extra step (or two) on driving inside. He walked or double dribbled at least 5 times this game and every game. Irving gets to travel up to 4 steps as well. Easy travel calls missed (or overlooked) by the refs.

I am not sure how GS is supposed to guard Lebron- he is allowed to use his body and slam his way in (draws the foul), goes over the back for a rebound (draws a foul), travels on the way to a layup, if the defender tries to contest the easy basket (automatic foul). The refs have shown by their incessant foul calling for Lebron- he is Off Limits. Just let him throw it off the backboard and slam dunk to make the game more exciting- and don't try and guard him at all or they will put him on the line.

On the flipside- Durant has been absolutely mauled- and draws the call less then 50% of the time.

Despite all of it- GS had their chances. They couldn't keep up in the 3 point contest and missed way too many layups and free throws. You could tell the refs got in their heads- their defense was shoddy most of the game. They left wide open runners all over the court for 3 point tries. When the Cavs posted up and doubled Durant and Curry- each failed to pass it to the open guy and instead tried to dribble through it, which lead to many turnovers. They need to go back to playing their brand of basketball and stop letting the refs control the game.

Even trying to be as objective as I can- it sure looked like the NBA decided to end the GS winning streak, no matter what. Millions of dollars in advertising would have been lost if the series ended. It is either this- or the refs were the Worst I have seen at Any level of organized basketball. I tried to keep a mental note on all the bad calls but lost track 6 minutes into the game. WWE has better refs.
I'm pretty sure the refs are just yes men. The NBA pulled out all stops to be sure this wasnt a sweep. 20 free throw attempts in the 1st quarter of an elimination game is a dead give away Silver gave them their marching orders and didnt care how blatant it appeared.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:00 AM 06-10-2017
Originally Posted by Halfcan:

Terrible officiated first half.

But the 3rd quarter was one of the worst I've ever seen. And that officiating clearly swung in GS's direction. Between missing flagrants on Zaza and Draymond, and the BS flagrant on Love. And then of course changing out of a technical. This has to go down as one of the biggest wtf quarters officiating wise ever.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:10 AM 06-10-2017
Yeah the officials guided in all those three pointers too
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:26 AM 06-10-2017
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Terrible officiated first half.

But the 3rd quarter was one of the worst I've ever seen. And that officiating clearly swung in GS's direction. Between missing flagrants on Zaza and Draymond, and the BS flagrant on Love. And then of course changing out of a technical. This has to go down as one of the biggest wtf quarters officiating wise ever.
I agree- I have never seen something like that either. The refs seemed lost out there. It was like they were trying to balance out the obvious favoritism of the first half or something. When you have the whole world watching your sport- and this is the officiating that you showcase- it really gave the NBA a black eye.

You have two dominate teams- call a fair game and let them play.
[Reply]
Page 150 of 185
« First < 50100140146147148149150 151152153154160 > Last »
Up