ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 150 of 335
« First < 50100140146147148149150 151152153154160200250 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
The Franchise 08:52 AM 05-16-2016
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I thought those tiddays were kinda meh
Pretty much.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 09:05 AM 05-16-2016
Originally Posted by eDave:
Everything is better with light sabers.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:17 AM 05-16-2016
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Na, that was a rumor that she's denied. She was pretty proud of her performance tonight, boobs and all.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/05/15...ia-clarke-dany
Well now I have to go watch the scene again now that I know its not stunt boobs.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:47 AM 05-16-2016
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Well now I have to go watch the scene again now that I know its not stunt boobs.
I mean they are solid boobs, but it's her nice bubble ass that does it for me
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 12:31 PM 05-16-2016
Originally Posted by Hawk:
I loved this episode, this season has been really good so far IMO. Perfect? No. But really good and enjoyable each week.
Too many good things have been happening lately. Jon Snow and Sansa will probably get slaughtered somehow in the next few weeks.
[Reply]
wazu 12:58 PM 05-16-2016
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Too many good things have been happening lately. Jon Snow and Sansa will probably get slaughtered somehow in the next few weeks.
Well we've already seen Jon murdered and Sansa raped, so doubt they go to that well again. Seems more likely that a bunch of our favorite Tyrells are about to be slaughtered. Or maybe Rickon gets flayed. Davos could be on his way out. Mel has to take him down before/once he finds out about Shireen.

Tyrion could be in some trouble. Would be just like this show to have him murdered right before Dany gets back with her new super-army.
[Reply]
Hawk 01:03 PM 05-16-2016
I think the bad things this season will happen to more minor characters. Dany and Jon and Tyrion and Arya seem safe for now. Of course that's when GRRM might strike, but their roles in the story seem too important and unfinished. I don't think they will all survive the final book or season, but I don't think any of them will die this season.

I know some people who are doing a GoT Deadpool contest. Each person gets 6 characters, and if one of your characters dies this season, everyone else pays you $10 (so you get $50 or $60 depending on how many are in the pool), and of course you have to pay $10 to anyone else who has a character die this season. Then you hold a draft to select the characters.

So who would the top draft picks be right now? I'd have to go with a top 7 of:

Pycell
Jorah
Loras
High Sparrow
Lancel
Rickon
Ramsay

Who am I missing?
[Reply]
RustShack 01:06 PM 05-16-2016
Why does anyone care how the hut burned down. That's what fire does when you knock over the thing that's safely holding it. They clearly showed some type of substance on the ground.
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:18 PM 05-16-2016
My thoughts, in no particular order...

The end missed the mark for me. It should have been another epic GoT moment but it just felt off the whole time.

Jon and Sansa's reunion was really great. That hug was one of the sweetest moments of the series, and her apologizing for how she treated him was good. But jesus wishy-washy 'all I've ever done is fight and lose' Jon made me want to punch him in the balls. Hopefully book Jon will be stronger after his resurrection.

They've just about ruined Jamie. One of my favorite characters from the books is back to being his sister's lap dog. Let's just drop three or four years of character development.

Book Cersei is much better, too. Fuck Lena Heady and her whole 'Cersei is a victim' approach.

My dvr cut out during the high sparrow's meeting with marge. And I didn't care. In fact I may thank time Warner for the outage. Maybe it'll start to do it every time the high sparrow shows up. Might not be a bad thing.

So far this season's not working all that well for me. Episodes have been okay, nothing particularly bad, but nothing all that great either. Feels kind of meandering, and to be honest I'm not sure I'd feel like I'd missed that much if I had started the season with next week's episode. Jon reborn, brief visit to tower of joy, dany kills the khalasar and a whole bunch of 'whatever'.
[Reply]
BigRichard 01:22 PM 05-16-2016
Originally Posted by keg in kc:

The end missed the mark for me. It should have been another epic GoT moment but it just felt off the whole time.

Jon and Sansa's reunion was really great. That hug was one of the sweetest moments of the series, and her apologizing for how she treated him was good. But jesus wishy-washy 'all I've ever done is fight and lose' Jon made me want to punch him in the balls. Hopefully book Jon will be stronger after his resurrection.

They've just about ruined Jamie. One of my favorite characters from the books is back to being his sister's lap dog. Let's just drop three or four years of character development.

Book Cersei is much better, too. **** Lena Heady and her whole 'Cersei is a victim' approach.

My dvr cut out during the high sparrow's meeting with marge. And I didn't care. In fact I may thank time Warner for the outage. Maybe it'll start to do it every time the high sparrow shows up. Might not be a bad thing.

So far this season's not working all that well for me. Episodes have been okay, nothing particularly bad, but nothing all that great either. Feels kind of meandering, and to be honest I'm not sure I'd feel like I'd missed that much if I had started the season with next week's episode. Jon reborn, brief visit to tower of joy, dany kills the khalasar and a whole bunch of 'whatever'.
It is like you are in my head... get out!
[Reply]
DaFace 01:22 PM 05-16-2016
Originally Posted by Hawk:
I think the bad things this season will happen to more minor characters. Dany and Jon and Tyrion and Arya seem safe for now. Of course that's when GRRM might strike, but their roles in the story seem too important and unfinished. I don't think they will all survive the final book or season, but I don't think any of them will die this season.

I know some people who are doing a GoT Deadpool contest. Each person gets 6 characters, and if one of your characters dies this season, everyone else pays you $10 (so you get $50 or $60 depending on how many are in the pool), and of course you have to pay $10 to anyone else who has a character die this season. Then you hold a draft to select the characters.

So who would the top draft picks be right now? I'd have to go with a top 7 of:

Pycell
Jorah
Loras
High Sparrow
Lancel
Rickon
Ramsay

Who am I missing?
Though I know it's the trademark of the show, I agree that the huge surprises have to start winding down to some extent at this point. There's been WAY too much character development invested in the primary players to kill them off now without it seeming like a ton of time in the show was just wasted.

Others I could see going this season:
Tommen
Olenna Tyrell
Gregor and/or Sandor Clegane (again)
Loras
Robin Arryn

I'd add to your "safe" list:
Baelish
Sansa
Bran (in whatever form he exists anyway)
[Reply]
DaFace 01:24 PM 05-16-2016
Originally Posted by keg in kc:

Book Cersei is much better, too. Fuck Lena Heady and her whole 'Cersei is a victim' approach.

Though I don't care much about the high sparrow storyline in general, that scene last night was one of the best acting we've seen in the series from Jonathan Pryce.
[Reply]
MagicHef 01:25 PM 05-16-2016
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
If you have to go through tons of gyrations that weren't explained in the actual story for a scene to make sense then it is a bad scene.

Lets agree to disagree. I found it farcical and illogical. You didn't. Simple as that.
She specifically asks the young Khaleesi for help, but you choose to believe that she must have not received any help?
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:25 PM 05-16-2016
Loras is horribly burned in the books at this point isn't he? Or I guess it's technically before this point.
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:29 PM 05-16-2016
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Though I don't care much about the high sparrow storyline in general, that scene last night was one of the best acting we've seen in the series from Jonathan Pryce.
I'm actually a big Jonathan Pryce fan, there's just something about that character that irks me. I only saw literally like two seconds of him talking to her, though. Was just making a general comment on the character this season.

Oh, one thing I forgot. It was good to see baelish again. And to see him getting that army moving. That scene and Jon sacking up finally were probably the most important events as far as getting the season in gear. Next stop battle of winterfell.
[Reply]
Page 150 of 335
« First < 50100140146147148149150 151152153154160200250 > Last »
Up