ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 28
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Josh Allen “debating” whether to get COVID-19 vaccine
kcbubb 10:12 PM 04-07-2021
The NFL will not mandate COVID-19 vaccines. Thus, it stands to reason, even with incentives offered to teams and players who are vaccinated, some players aren’t going to get a shot.

Bills quarterback Josh Allen could be one of those. In an appearance on The Ringer’s “10 Questions With Kyle Brandt” podcast, Allen said he has not had a vaccine and might not get one.

“I’m still debating that,” Allen said, via Matt Parrino of nyup.com. “I’m a big statistics and logical guy. So, if statistics show it’s the right thing for me to do, I’d do it. Again, I’d lean the other way, too, if that’s what it said. I haven’t been paying attention to it as much as maybe I should have. I’ve just been doing my thing and masking up when I’m going out and just staying close and hanging around family.”

It is unclear what statistics Allen needs to see to convince him to get a shot. The Pfizer vaccine was shown a 95 percent efficacy rate in preventing symptomatic COVID-19, just 1 percentage point more than Moderna’s. The single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine was shown to have a 72 percent efficacy rate in the United States in preventing symptomatic illness and an 85 percent efficacy rate in preventing the most severe disease 28 days after vaccination.

Allen, 24, made clear he’s against any kind of mandate.

“I think everybody should have that choice to do it or not to do it,” Allen said. “You get in this tricky situation now where if you do mandate that that’s kind of going against what our constitution says and the freedom to kind of express yourself one way or the other. I think we’re in a time where that’s getting a lot harder to do. Everybody should have that choice.”

However, the league expects to amend certain protocols for those who are vaccinated and for teams as a whole if certain vaccination levels are met, which will encourage (pressure?) players to get a COVID-19 shot.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...id-19-vaccine/
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:46 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
He's what I just mentioned, the internet has made him feel like he's super intelligent so he tries to make everyone else think that..

He's a self important twat.
Sound like he might be one of those guys who reads a single sentence about someone on the internet and expands it into a comprehensive judgment on that someone's entire existence.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:46 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
Agreed. The pitch should be "Are you sick of this shit yet? Vaccines are the only way to end it."

For me personally, just seeing full NFL stadiums on Sundays is worth getting vaccinated.
I get what you're saying and there have been people sending that message.

The problem is that there are people that are saying the opposite.

It's hard to convince people that vaccines will actually end it when you have one of the prominent voices in the world saying we'll still be wearing masks a year from now.
[Reply]
Donger 10:49 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

It's hard to convince people that vaccines will actually end it when you have one of the prominent voices in the world saying we'll still be wearing masks a year from now.
Who said that?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:49 AM 04-08-2021

Yes, there is no end game listed out for the vaccines so many people are just going to go back to their own normal anyway.

The window for tying vaccines to reopening has passed as many states have already moved on.
[Reply]
Monticore 10:49 AM 04-08-2021
Not saying it's right or wrong, just making a statement but those WWII campaigns weren't really about helping other people. They were about defeating evil. It's a lot easier to really people to help their fellow man when they feel they're actually fighting something and can make a difference.

Again, not saying it's right or wrong, but I think a lot of people feel like they have zero control over this - it's a virus - and I personally know of people that just don't feel like anything they do can make a difference. It's force majeur.
Vaccines have been proven to make a difference before , the data is there.
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:49 AM 04-08-2021
Its like we're living in a worldwide Alex Smith debate.

It wasn't the 2000 other threads that changed my mind, it was this one!
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:51 AM 04-08-2021
2022, keep moving the goalposts.

While testifying at a House hearing, Dr. Fauci said it is likely that high school students will be able to get vaccinated for "the fall term."

He added that there should be enough data to vaccinate "younger children in the first quarter of 2022." https://t.co/PsrXya307s

— NBC News (@NBCNews) March 17, 2021

[Reply]
Donger 10:51 AM 04-08-2021
Not saying it's right or wrong, just making a statement but those WWII campaigns weren't really about helping other people. They were about defeating evil. It's a lot easier to really people to help their fellow man when they feel they're actually fighting something and can make a difference.

Again, not saying it's right or wrong, but I think a lot of people feel like they have zero control over this - it's a virus - and I personally know of people that just don't feel like anything they do can make a difference. It's force majeur.
And they are demonstrably wrong.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:54 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by Donger:
And they are demonstrably wrong.
You're assuming that the average person functions rationally and not emotionally.

Part of the reason there's even a divide on this topic is because so many people, on both sides, operate on feelings instead of logic.

It really doesn't matter why they're wrong. The result is what matters and the result, right now, is a societal failure.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:54 AM 04-08-2021
How dare someone question whether they should accept an untested genetic therapy.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:54 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Its like we're living in a worldwide Alex Smith debate.

It wasn't the 2000 other threads that changed my mind, it was this one!
Josh Allen is changing the world one person at a time.
[Reply]
O.city 10:54 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:

So start vaccinating kids now?
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:55 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Science isn't an Alex Smith debate, there are no goalposts.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:55 AM 04-08-2021
As of today per the CDC numbers, there have been 171,476,655 Covid vaccines put into arms of Americans. Most common complaint is fatigue for 24 hours or so.

If the scientists and or the studies were totally wrong, these vaccines were in fact, not safe for human beings....... 171+ million shots later, we'd know by now.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 10:55 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by Pablo:
You just needed to show him the data. Obviously an analytical dude.
You need to post more.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 28
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Up