ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 17
« First < 51112131415 1617 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Owners approve new CBA
ShowtimeSBMVP 03:09 PM 02-20-2020

Here is the memo that the NFL has accepted the terms of the new proposed CBA: pic.twitter.com/yRYZc3anSB

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) February 20, 2020

[Reply]
The Franchise 12:42 PM 02-21-2020
I just don’t get the need for a 17th game outside of just “MOAR MONEY!!!!!”
[Reply]
Mecca 12:42 PM 02-21-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
JFC Mecca, we get it, you think there’s going to be a lockout :-)
Actually I'm interested to see if the players have the balls to say no to the deal, history says they don't.

The JJ Watt video was completely anti what you just said by the way, I'm just posting info.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:49 PM 02-21-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
How many are in 2-3 years right now?
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Actually I'm interested to see if the players have the balls to say no to the deal, history says they don't.

The JJ Watt video was completely anti what you just said by the way, I'm just posting info.
I appreciate the info. Staylors a blow hard.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:53 PM 02-21-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I appreciate the info. Staylors a blow hard.
Oh go fuck yourself faggot. This dudes been fear mongering about this for a while now.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:54 PM 02-21-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Oh go fuck yourself. This dudes been fear mongering about this for a while now.
Actually the NFLPA has been fear mongering about it for awhile, we'll see if they dig their heels in or not.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:58 PM 02-21-2020
Keep hearing on the radio that regardless of how the 32 team reps vote the vote will still go to all the players. If that is true, then this thing will be passed. The new CBA would help out the average player and allows more people to get paid.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 12:59 PM 02-21-2020
When this goes to the full NFLPA membership for vote, it is going to pass. There are far more players not making JJ Watt, Richard Sherman money that will see this as a good deal for them. Higher minimum salaries, basically no punishment for weed, etc...will tip the scales in favor of approval.

I think the extra game is a bullshit money grab by the owners, but IMO that isn't a deal breaker for the majority of the players as most of them will get an entire extra game check.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:59 PM 02-21-2020
Actually the NFLPA has been fear mongering about it for awhile, we'll see if they dig their heels in or not.
And how exactly is that knew? It’s called posturing. And if you’re going to sit here and say you haven’t been doing it as well for a while now you’re definitely full of it.
[Reply]
DRM08 01:00 PM 02-21-2020
Keep hearing on the radio that regardless of how the 32 team reps vote the vote will still go to all the players. If that is true, then this thing will be passed. The new CBA would help out the average player and allows more people to get paid.
The guys who make less than $250,000 per game will be happy to vote for it. That’s about 79% of the players.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:04 PM 02-21-2020
Yeah, NFL ownership did a pretty good job of negotiating this time around. Think there's enough there to get a yes vote despite what the top paid athletes will say.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:09 PM 02-21-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Yeah, NFL ownership did a pretty good job of negotiating this time around. Think there's enough there to get a yes vote despite what the top paid athletes will say.
And as a top paid player.....how are you arguing your side to a guy who is getting a raise and a higher chance at a longer career?

But my millions guys!!!1!1!1
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:13 PM 02-21-2020

Russell Okungs twitter page is literally full of all sorts of stuff about how the NFL does everything possible to **** them...interesting from a player rep.

There is much more to it though.

The money the players make is pure profit minus taxes. The money the owners make is income before expenses and taxes.

And in what Mega Fortune 500 type company do the employees make close to what the owners make? Thats like complaining the company keeps 55% of its gross revenue.

There is a way to make this fair for both sides.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:15 PM 02-21-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
And as a top paid player.....how are you arguing your side to a guy who is getting a raise and a higher chance at a longer career?

But my millions guys!!!1!1!1
What's interesting to me is the players will probably leave a bunch of money on the table just to be able to smoke weed.
[Reply]
SAUTO 01:20 PM 02-21-2020
exactly what i said yesterday.

agreed lol
[Reply]
SAUTO 01:22 PM 02-21-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
The guys who make less than $250,000 per game will be happy to vote for it. That’s about 79% of the players.
again what is that percentage at this point in 2-3 years?
[Reply]
Page 15 of 17
« First < 51112131415 1617 >
Up