ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 22
« First < 51112131415 16171819 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Damien Williams: is it time for a change?
dlphg9 09:54 PM 10-18-2019
I know the title is my own question, but I'm going to answer my own question. This guy has very clearly shown that last year was an absolute fluke. He can't do anything worth a shit and if Veach wouldn't have given him a stupid ass extension, then he'd be off this team. In what universe do you keep giving the ball to a guy that has 41 rushes for 70 yards and 1.7 ypc. This last game was absolute dog shit 11 total touches for 6 ****ing yards. Are you kidding me? He shouldn't touch the ball again.

Bad is an understatement. He's horrendous. Literally the absolute worst back in the league. There are 43 qualified players and he ranks 43rd in ypc. He's at 1.7 ypc and no one else is under 3.0 ypc. The distance between him and the 42nd rank player, Le'Veon Bell, is 1.3 ypc. The distance between Le'Veon Bell and the 20th ranked player, Chris Carson, is 1.3 ypc.

This is definitely something that needs brought up more. That's gotta be some kind of record for worst ever. We are seeing history boys. The absolute worst RB performance in the history of the game or close. I took off the hide non qualifiers filter and it looks even worse. He's 192 out of 227. There are only 5 other players with 10+ carries that average less ypc, it's pretty much a Who's Who of most electric runners in the league.

#194 Kalen Ballage - 22 car/36 yards/1.6 ypc/13 carries since being demoted from being a starter 3 games ago

#198 Joe Flacco - 11 car/11 yards/1.0 ypc/He's a statue of a QB. **** id hope Williams would have more ypc than this bum. Spoiler alert - all the rest of this list is the same. Statue QBs.

#208 Jared Goff
#210 Jimmy G.
#213 Tom Brady

Did some more research and going all the way back to 1999, so 20 other years, and the lowest ypc for qualified runners is 2.5 ypc in 1999. The average of all the lowest ypc is 2.9. I can't believe how bad that he has been. There is no way anyone can even try to defend him. He's the king of shit fest running backs and for Reid to continue to allow him to play is egregious.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 02:49 PM 11-04-2019
Originally Posted by Hoover:
The most carries Damien got in the final five games last season was 13 vs the Chargers.

He averaged 9.4 carries a game, he rushed for 255 yards (5.42 ypc) or about 51 yards per game. He popped numerous 15 yard-plus runs during that span, and he scored 6 TDs. We need to utilize this kid. He's just fine for an Andy Reid pass happy offense. Those of you longing for a heavy dose of the run need to root for a different team. It's not happening here.
:-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 02:57 PM 11-04-2019
Originally Posted by dls6501:
All I can tell you is that running backs need to get in a rhythm too. Its not just QBs and WRs.

In the 7 games DW has played this year, here are his attempts:

God damn. This is the same shit Marty did to Greg Hill. Something like 9-10 carries in the game and no production.

All Andy has to do now is fuck Damien's wife, and its the same damn thing lol.

You have to feed running backs the ball. Some of the best backs in history got stopped all game, defense was feeling good, then that one play explodes to break their backs and their will.

Damiens touches are a joke this season.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:58 PM 11-04-2019
Originally Posted by dls6501:
All I can tell you is that running backs need to get in a rhythm too. Its not just QBs and WRs.

In the 7 games DW has played this year, here are his attempts:

Sorry, but this is not enough. Has he done a great job with the limited opportunities he has gotten this year? No, he hasnt. But given more opportunities, its very possible he could exceed the production he has already had.

I do not buy your premise that it will take him 50-60 carries to break a big one, just because thats what the numbers tell you right now. So the entire premise of your point of view is very misleading to me.
We have his four years in MIA where he averaged about 3.6 yards/carry over that span as well.

The only data we have that even suggests that he's a starting NFL RB is his 55 carries from last year in which he averaged 5.1 yards/carry.

His first four years and the 60 carries this year overwhelmingly suggest that he's a below average runner but an above average receiving back.

It might be different if he was a 2nd- or 3rd-year back; we could say that he hasn't had enough time to develop NFL-caliber vision or whatever. But it's very likely that he is what he is at this point.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 03:00 PM 11-04-2019
Williams IMHO should get no blame at all. It is our run blocking that was soft early on and has significantly improved in these last 2 games and you especially saw that yesterday. Up until that point, our RBs weren't getting the holes they needed. Just my observation.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 03:13 PM 11-04-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
[B][I]We have his four years in MIA
Dude ! It's MIA !!!!!

The only data we have that even suggests that he's a starting NFL RB is his 55 carries from last year in which he averaged 5.1 yards/carry.
Exactly ! Reid and Veach saw his talent. Our o-line since Reid has been here has never been a dominating run blocking line against good d-lines. However, yesterday was the first time in Reid's tenure here that we stuck it up a good Vikes d-line's ass yesterday.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:16 PM 11-04-2019
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
God damn. This is the same shit Marty did to Greg Hill. Something like 9-10 carries in the game and no production.

All Andy has to do now is fuck Damien's wife, and its the same damn thing lol.

You have to feed running backs the ball. Some of the best backs in history got stopped all game, defense was feeling good, then that one play explodes to break their backs and their will.

Damiens touches are a joke this season.
That is today's game, no one leans on the run anymore and you have to make the most of your carries or you're going to have 12 for 39 type of games.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 03:18 PM 11-04-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
That is today's game, no one leans on the run anymore and you have to make the most of your carries or you're going to have 12 for 39 type of games.
Yep, just like the starting MLB pitchers who are only going 5 to 6 innings.:-)
[Reply]
Mecca 03:22 PM 11-04-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Yep, just like the starting MLB pitchers who are only going 5 to 6 innings.:-)
Picking RB's for fantasy football use to be easy as fuck....now it's not as you have like 5 of them and you have to basically flip a coin on who will get a couple of big plays or get goal line carries.

There are no teams leaning heavy, we just watched the team that leans about the heaviest on it with Dalvin Cook and even they threw more than they ran.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 03:28 PM 11-04-2019
Picking RB's for fantasy football use to be easy as ****....now it's not as you have like 5 of them and you have to basically flip a coin on who will get a couple of big plays or get goal line carries.

There are no teams leaning heavy, we just watched the team that leans about the heaviest on it with Dalvin Cook and even they threw more than they ran.
Philip Lindsey is almost dead to me
Melvin Gordon is showing some life
Kenyan Drake is on a team that will actually use him correctly
Marlon Mack is generally pretty reliable

Those are my four that I shuffle through.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:29 PM 11-04-2019

It's complimentary, until the QB is injured (PMII)or average( Alex) then that balance is necessary.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:31 PM 11-04-2019
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
Philip Lindsey is almost dead to me
Melvin Gordon is showing some life
Kenyan Drake is on a team that will actually use him correctly
Marlon Mack is generally pretty reliable

Those are my four that I shuffle through.
I'm going to give you my list of RB's that I thought would work out...this should be a great reaction...

Joe Mixon
Derrick Henry
Marlon Mack
Phillip Lindsey
David Montgomery
Matt Brieda

That looks good on paper till you realize, Lindsey doesn't get a lot of TDs...Mixon has sucked ass, Henry gets a ton of touches and is still hit or miss. Mack is alright, doesn't get a ton of TDs...Montgomery had been awful till the last 2 weeks and Brieda is also hit or miss since SF uses like 7 RBs.

Fun shit.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:33 PM 11-04-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Makes me wonder what Daryl looks like in practice. Dude can't seem to get on the field.

Darrell is good, he’s just been buried on the depth chart behind other good, more established backs.
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:42 PM 11-04-2019
And I'm at a loss on Darwin inactive
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:53 PM 11-04-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Dude ! It's MIA !!!!!

And your point? I never saw him run in MIA, so I don't know how they were using him, in what situations, etc., but I have to assume that in four years he saw the gamut. And he under-performed as a running back, but performed well as a receiving back.

Exactly ! Reid and Veach saw his talent. Our o-line since Reid has been here has never been a dominating run blocking line against good d-lines. However, yesterday was the first time in Reid's tenure here that we stuck it up a good Vikes d-line's ass yesterday.
Damien ran behind a healthy Chiefs OL in the first game against the Jags and averaged 1.7 yards/carry, IIRC. He ran behind a relatively healthy OL for the next two games (excluding Fisher)with the same results.

On the other hand, Shady with the same number of carries, OL and situations, ran for an average of 5.4 yards/carry.

The same "not in his prime" Shady, the guy everyone said was too old, couldn't run anymore, etc. and so on, more than doubled Damien's production in the same situations.
[Reply]
dls6501 05:01 PM 11-04-2019
We have his four years in MIA where he averaged about 3.6 yards/carry over that span as well.

His first four years and the 60 carries this year overwhelmingly suggest that he's a below average runner but an above average receiving back.

It might be different if he was a 2nd- or 3rd-year back; we could say that he hasn't had enough time to develop NFL-caliber vision or whatever. But it's very likely that he is what he is at this point.
What he did on another team couldnt possibly be less relevant. Dont know why you continue to harp on that.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 22
« First < 51112131415 16171819 > Last »
Up