ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 29
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>WTF is with the defense?
ChiefBlueCFC 09:17 AM 11-23-2020
That game had a very 2018 feel to it. I'm sure that's been mentioned several times, but man that shit was frustrating to watch.

Thank god we have the greatest football player on the planet playing the QB position
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:19 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefBlueCFC:
That game had a very 2018 feel to it. I'm sure that's been mentioned several times, but man that shit was frustrating to watch.

Thank god we have the greatest football player on the planet playing the QB position
2018 again. It's always 2018.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 09:29 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
That's 2 games in a row they really didn't do a ****ing thing. Carr had all ****ing night to throw. Guys are dropping shoulders and not wrapping up. YAC is killing us. Receivers are running wide open.

I will give them some credit in that I thought they stopped the run fairly well against the Raiders.

No pass rush
No tackling
No attitude

WTF?
Will they sniff the playoffs tho?
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:30 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
Will they sniff the playoffs tho?
They're going to snort the playoffs, like a mothafucka...
[Reply]
treeguy27 09:39 AM 11-23-2020
The pass rush is the biggest concern. If they get some pressure the back end will look a lot better. I noticed a couple of replays last night where Jones wasn't even really trying to get pressure. He was just hand fighting and trying to knock down the pass when he was being blocked one on one. He has a knack for batting down passes and sometimes relies on that too much. It's fine if he's being doubled and has no chance to get any pressure. When he's being single blocked he needs to beat his man and get to the QB and forget about trying to swat down passes.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:41 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by treeguy27:
The pass rush is the biggest concern. If they get some pressure the back end will look a lot better. I noticed a couple of replays last night where Jones wasn't even really trying to get pressure. He was just hand fighting and trying to knock down the pass when he was being blocked one on one. He has a knack for batting down passes and sometimes relies on that too much. It's fine if he's being doubled and has no chance to get any pressure. When he's being single blocked he needs to beat his man and get to the QB and forget about trying to swat down passes.
They need a lot more out of Frank Clark.

Not only does he appear invisible ON the field a lot lately, he's invisible off the field too. No trash talking, no energy. Something is not right there. I sincerely hope he's sick or injured or something.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:43 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
They need a lot more out of Frank Clark.

Not only does he appear invisible ON the field a lot lately, he's invisible off the field too. No trash talking, no energy. Something is not right there. I sincerely hope he's sick or injured or something.
I think about 70% of the issue is complacency, these guys are just trying to get to the playoffs.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:50 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I think about 70% of the issue is complacency, these guys are just trying to get to the playoffs.
That bothers me. If the playoffs matter THAT much, then seeding should matter. Losing a game now because of lack of effort could really hurt the playoff picture.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:51 AM 11-23-2020
That bothers me. If the playoffs matter THAT much, then seeding should matter. Losing a game now because of lack of effort could really hurt the playoff picture.
It seems to happen to a ton of teams, but to be fair, Clark and Jones kind of have a history of showing up when it matters most and being off and on the rest of the time.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:49 AM 11-23-2020
They exploit the linebacker assignments really really well. So if the linebackers are dropping into zones, they dig in behind the LBs. If they're playing man, the ball goes to TEs and FBs on the edge after the LB gets caught in traffic. Then, once the Chiefs switch to playing 6 DBs in nickel bc the LBs are useless, they start doing zone blocking run plays and all the DBs on the field get smoked. Carolina did the same thing.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:51 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
They exploit the linebacker assignments really really well. So if the linebackers are dropping into zones, they dig in behind the LBs. If they're playing man, the ball goes to TEs and FBs on the edge after the LB gets caught in traffic. Then, once the Chiefs switch to playing 6 DBs in nickel bc the LBs are useless, they start doing zone blocking run plays and all the DBs on the field get smoked. Carolina did the same thing.
Yep. And to a certain extent, the Raiders do that to everybody. The Chiefs defense can certainly be better but we also have to remember that some of these WCO are pretty good.
[Reply]
ChiTown 10:00 AM 11-23-2020
Yep. And to a certain extent, the Raiders do that to everybody. The Chiefs defense can certainly be better but we also have to remember that some of these WCO are pretty good.
Correct. The one thing I didn't realize, until I looked it up last night after the game, is that the Raiders lead the NFL in 3rd down efficiency. That is an extremely good Offense.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:01 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Correct. The one thing I didn't realize, until I looked it up last night after the game, is that the Raiders lead the NFL in 3rd down efficiency. That is an extremely good Offense.
Yeah, they're a top 10 offense by pretty much every objective measure.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:04 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
They were also 2nd in percentage of drives ending with points behind only KC.

I tried to explain that they were good on offense to PGM in another thread, but he didn’t buy it.

It’s frustrating to say out loud but the Raiders are pretty damn good and their cupcake schedule the rest of the way virtually ensures a playoff spot.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:54 AM 11-23-2020
Idk what’s going on, but it’s largely the same personnel that played in the playoffs and Super Bowl last year so I’m hopeful that it can get a lot better.

I do think the Raiders, Gruden specifically, have a great beat on our defensive scheme and it makes for a bad matchup. But damn it we need get more from our guys regardless, especially the best players on the unit.

They’ve got some time to figure this thing out, and the good thing about last night is it doesn’t allow for further complacency. The entire team and staff know that isn’t good enough to win the SB, so we will see changes and see them soon.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 29
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Up