ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 61
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>****OFFICIAL 2018 Saccopoo NFL Mock Draft Thread****
staylor26 10:24 AM 03-25-2018
Carter gives you so much flexibility at OLB. You don’t have to overpay for Ford if he has a career year. You can maybe get rid of Houston’s contract if him and Tanoh work out.

I like the idea of building the new defense around a front 7 with Jones, Ragland, Hitchens, Carter and KPass.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:41 AM 03-25-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Carter gives you so much flexibility at OLB. You don’t have to overpay for Ford if he has a career year. You can maybe get rid of Houston’s contract if him and Tanoh work out.

I like the idea of building the new defense around a front 7 with Jones, Ragland, Hitchens, Carter and KPass.
I like Carter. I would just be pissed that he would start off so far back on the depth chart and might not make an impact this year due to that.
[Reply]
Hoover 12:42 PM 03-25-2018
I thought that value was with the OLB position, but I understand why other would have went with a different defensize position. Before the draft began in my head I figured I would be drafting a saftey. I just thought you could find a first round talent that could start day one. So while I liked that concept, I thought differently with how the draft feel to me.

Other thoughts.

1. Drafting Carter doesn't mean anything about KPass. It has more to do with Ford and Houston. I think Sutton can find ways to utilize KPass in passing downs that would allow the Chiefs to have Houston, Carter, and KPass all on the field.

2. Carter is more of a OLB than KPass. KPass can rush the passer, but not sure he will ever be a guy that's capable for defending the pass as an everydown linebacker. Again, that doesn't mean there isn't a role for him on the defense.

3. I don't care if you draft a saftey, CB, LB, or DL, I doubt any of them make the starting lineup on the Chiefs depth chart.

4. Last but not least, I think the second round is full of risk/reward. Carter has all the potential in the world. He could end up being the best player in the draft. I dodn't feel that way about the DBs and Dlinemen on the board.
[Reply]
Chargem 01:08 PM 03-25-2018
The first tight end came off the board at 52?
[Reply]
CoMoChief 01:34 PM 03-25-2018
I would LOVE it if KC drafted Lorenzo Carter.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 02:19 PM 03-25-2018
Sorry guys phone crashed and was dealing with that. Give me a few because I have my pick just need to double check that he’s not been taken
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 02:21 PM 03-25-2018
With the second round pick the Carolina Panthers select James Washington WR Oklahoma St.

I think the panthers would be elated to add two impact players at those spots. Gives Cam another good young weapon.
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:00 PM 03-25-2018
Torn between two players. Decided to go with offense over defense.

The Buffalo Bills select Mike Gesicki, TE, Penn State
[Reply]
Hoover 04:37 PM 03-25-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Torn between two players. Decided to go with offense over defense.

The Buffalo Bills select Mike Gesicki, TE, Penn State
For teams that need to draft offense, there are not nice buys in round 2.
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:19 PM 03-25-2018
Originally Posted by Hoover:
For teams that need to draft offense, there are not nice buys in round 2.
Gesicki is a nice buy in Round 2.

He's got Kelce-like potential. Such a smooth receiver. Just not a very good blocker. At all.

But teams are proving more and more that if your TE is an elite receiver, you can more than deal with that and hope he gets better at blocking as the years go on.

He was honestly the best player available for the Bills. I'll take it.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 05:28 PM 03-25-2018
The Tennessee Titans select Harrison Phillips, DT, Stanford
[Reply]
Marco Polo 06:10 PM 03-25-2018
The Atlanta Falcons select Braden Smith, G, Auburn.

PM sent.
[Reply]
The Franchise 06:12 PM 03-25-2018
Originally Posted by Marco Polo:
The Atlanta Falcons select Braden Smith, G, Auburn.
I honestly would be ok if he was the pick at #54.
[Reply]
Hoover 06:29 PM 03-25-2018
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
I honestly would be ok if he was the pick at #54.
I was watching interior line. But frankly it would have been easier to take someone like James Daniels at center than a true guard.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:58 PM 03-25-2018
Lol 4 of my short list of 5 just went one after another.

The San Francisco 49ers select Nick Chubb, RB, Georgia

After losing Hyde to the Browns, the 49ers are without a starting RB. Chubb gives them a guy that they can plug in and get 1,000+ yards year one. I was hoping for Washington here, but I have a WR I really like that I think I can get with one of our 3rds.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 61
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Up