ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 52
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs close to a deal with Tyrann Mathieu (now confirmed)
KChiefs1 06:11 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:

$15.0M+
KChiefs1 06:09 PM 03-11-2019
Chiefs number one target.
CupidStunt 06:10 PM 03-11-2019
I was going to rant about how stupid some of you guys are (seriously, open your eyes - $14m nowadays is nothing, a drop in the bucket - especially on short-term deals), but to be productive instead:

If you're a football nerd in general, I highly recommend you watch All or Nothing with the Cardinals, in which TM is heavily featured. He is going to be a GREAT addition. We don't have anyone like him from a leadership or energy standpoint on defense ... ironically other than public enemy #1. And he generally backs it up with his play. He has unreal instincts.
OnTheWarpath15 06:12 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by CupidStunt:
I was going to rant about how stupid some of you guys are (seriously, open your eyes - $14m nowadays is nothing, a drop in the bucket - especially on short-term deals), but to be productive instead:

If you're a football nerd in general, I highly recommend you watch All or Nothing with the Cardinals, in which TM is heavily featured. He is going to be a GREAT addition. We don't have anyone like him from a leadership or energy standpoint on defense ... ironically other than public enemy #1. And he generally backs it up with his play. He has unreal instincts.
^^^^^^^^^^^^

He's right, you know.
chiefzilla1501 06:15 PM 03-11-2019
Veach is building this team to have a competitive supporting cast while Mahomes is cheap while giving the flexibility to afford Mahomes when he gets expensive. It's a brilliant approach.
Chief Northman 06:15 PM 03-11-2019
Veach hasn’t learned a thing.

Way too much for a guy with a nickname. Yes, Mathieu is a good player, but not great. HE CANNOT PLAY SINGLE HIGH.

God I hope Spags knows how to deploy this man, because he needs to be the Defensive MVP of the team with that investment.
RunKC 06:21 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Veach hasn’t learned a thing.

Way too much for a guy with a nickname. Yes, Mathieu is a good player, but not great. HE CANNOT PLAY SINGLE HIGH.

God I hope Spags knows how to deploy this man, because he needs to be the Defensive MVP of the team with that investment.
What do you not get? Here let me spell it out for you

-Mathieu is excellent in the middle of the field, especially the short and intermediate levels.
-Patriots are our competition to go the SB.
-Tom Brady is 42 this year
-Tom Brady isn’t throwing deep anymore. The middle of the field IS his best territory.
-Fuller+Mathieu=best bets at defending the middle of the field inside the numbers.
New World Order 06:23 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:

-Mathieu is excellent in the middle of the field, especially the short and intermediate levels.
-Tom Brady isn’t throwing deep anymore. The middle of the field IS his best territory.
-Fuller+Mathieu=best bets at defending the middle of the field inside the numbers.
Yep. He can also tackle out of the backfield like a mad man.

This is who I wanted pre-FA.

Thrilled with the signing.
Couch-Potato 06:24 PM 03-11-2019

Agreed.
staylor26 06:25 PM 03-11-2019

Not a huge fan of this signing, but you make some good points.
BigRedChief 06:26 PM 03-11-2019

Brady killed us on that last drive with those 10-15 yard middle of the field passes. Maybe the honey badger in the middle makes a difference?
RunKC 07:09 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Brady killed us on that last drive with those 10-15 yard middle of the field passes. Maybe the honey badger in the middle makes a difference?
Remember Edelman motioning the field? A lot of times he was motioning away from Kendall Fuller.

They obviously watched Edelman burn the shit out of Ward in the middle of the field and knew they had to get this guy.

I really like Ward, but he should be an outside corner full time.
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 07:11 PM 03-11-2019
Remember Edelman motioning the field? A lot of times he was motioning away from Kendall Fuller.

They obviously watched Edelman burn the shit out of Ward in the middle of the field and knew they had to get this guy.

Agree. Keep Ward outside and Fuller be the slot. Need another CB
threebag 07:23 PM 03-11-2019

Seems most of those passes didn’t have as much window as you’re talkin bout Willis

Chief Northman 06:26 PM 03-11-2019

Fair.

But remember this as you watch teams throw over him in man coverage. It happens often enough, thus why I’m curious as to how Spags deploys him. He is not a true FS by the traditional definition.
Page 15 of 52
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Up