ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 21
« First < 51112131415 16171819 > Last »
Media Center>Netflix: House of Cards
BigRedChief 10:46 PM 02-27-2015
Watching the first episode now. Opening scene.:-)
[Reply]
Silock 03:40 AM 02-28-2015
This is by far the best season, and I'm only halfway through.
[Reply]
007 07:00 AM 02-28-2015
Cannot wait to start this. Maybe I should just stay up all day today and knock the whole thing out. hmmmm
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:07 AM 03-01-2015
Watched the first 3. Damn good television.
[Reply]
Silock 03:11 AM 03-01-2015
Just finished Season 3. GREAT season.
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 09:11 AM 03-01-2015
Just started season 3. Awesome, per usual.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 11:41 AM 03-01-2015
I watched five episodes Friday night and had the rest finished up by yesterday afternoon. It was excellent. However, I enjoyed the first two seasons more.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:45 PM 03-01-2015
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
I watched five episodes Friday night and had the rest finished up by yesterday afternoon. It was excellent. However, I enjoyed the first two seasons more.
I agree. It was a great season but liked season 1 and 3 better.

I think the actor playing Doug should get an Emmy.
[Reply]
Shogun 01:19 PM 03-01-2015
I marathoned season 3 yesterday and I really really liked it. Its catching a ton of shit most other places just because Frank doesnt suceed quite like he did in season 1 and 2. People are failing to understand that once he reached POTUS, he was faced with some insurmountable challenges. He wasnt elected, probably his biggest challenge. Tons of bi partisanship and people at his throat. Its now no longer him being able to outwit everybody to get what he wants, he actually has to fight and claw for everything that happens, and it isnt happening quite as often as previous seasons, and that is okay. I mean house of cards is the name of the show and they have to show his downfall eventually.

I agree with you BRC, Doug deserves some sort of award, his acting is phenominal. A lot of people really didnt enjoy his arc this season and I have to think it is because they never appreciated Doug in the first place. IMO he is the 2nd most important character in the entire series, and at times he is a better actor than Spacey.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 02:20 PM 03-01-2015
Originally Posted by Shogun:
I marathoned season 3 yesterday and I really really liked it. Its catching a ton of shit most other places just because Frank doesnt suceed quite like he did in season 1 and 2. People are failing to understand that once he reached POTUS, he was faced with some insurmountable challenges. He wasnt elected, probably his biggest challenge. Tons of bi partisanship and people at his throat. Its now no longer him being able to outwit everybody to get what he wants, he actually has to fight and claw for everything that happens, and it isnt happening quite as often as previous seasons, and that is okay. I mean house of cards is the name of the show and they have to show his downfall eventually.

I agree with you BRC, Doug deserves some sort of award, his acting is phenominal. A lot of people really didnt enjoy his arc this season and I have to think it is because they never appreciated Doug in the first place. IMO he is the 2nd most important character in the entire series, and at times he is a better actor than Spacey.

My issue is not with Frank struggling to come out on top more as it is the lack of focused agenda like you had in the first two seasons. And that is not an admonishment of the writing. To the contrary, they did exactly what they should have done with the story. As you say he was not elected. He did not run on any specific agendas. The first two seasons you had the specific agenda of revenge and taking he White House. There was no plan beyond just getting there. So the story is proceeding exactly as it should, with him flailing around trying to figure out what to do next. It is on point and it is superbly done. I just do not find it quite as satisfactory as the specific mission story line.
[Reply]
007 10:34 AM 03-02-2015
I was expecting fireworks in the first ep based on some comments here. Kind of feel let down now.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 11:15 AM 03-02-2015
Originally Posted by Guru:
I was expecting fireworks in the first ep based on some comments here. Kind of feel let down now.
That's why you don't open the thread until you have seen all 13 episodes. :-)
[Reply]
007 12:07 PM 03-02-2015
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
That's why you don't open the thread until you have seen all 13 episodes. :-)
well that could be a month.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 12:15 PM 03-02-2015
Originally Posted by Guru:
well that could be a month.
I go a year at a time between looking at the Justified thread due to being a season behind.
[Reply]
TribalElder 11:45 PM 03-02-2015
Watched the whole season

It was ok, nothing very exciting. Shitty ending
[Reply]
Page 15 of 21
« First < 51112131415 16171819 > Last »
Up