ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 12
1 234511 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Mitchell Schwartz has surgery
siberian khatru 10:10 AM 02-24-2021

Injury Update: I’m getting surgery today. I was hoping to recover enough to get back for playoffs/Super Bowl but that didn’t happen. It’s time to address the issue. The recovery process isn’t too long, which is nice. Looking forward to a healthy 2021! #Chiefs #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/etGfSoCCd6

— Mitchell Schwartz (@MitchSchwartz71) February 24, 2021

[Reply]
RunKC 10:11 AM 02-24-2021
Jesus fucking Christ Mitch why did this happen now? FFS this should have been done in December when you knew that a return wasn’t likely.

Goddamnit
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:14 AM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Jesus fucking Christ Mitch why did this happen now? FFS this should have been done in December when you knew that a return wasn’t likely.

Goddamnit
This. They had to have known that it wasn’t getting better and he wasn’t going to be ready. And the way he says a heathy 2021 still doesn’t tell me he’s coming back or not.
[Reply]
BossChief 10:18 AM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
This. They had to have known that it wasn’t getting better and he wasn’t going to be ready. And the way he says a heathy 2021 still doesn’t tell me he’s coming back or not.
I think it’s pretty clear from the tweet that he fully plans on coming back healthy. He references not being able to come back last year and looks forward to a healthy 2021.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:14 AM 02-24-2021
Jesus ****ing Christ Mitch why did this happen now? FFS this should have been done in December when you knew that a return wasn’t likely.

Goddamnit
Agreed.

I know back injuries are tricky, but after multiple of months of not even being able to practice (for a guy who previously barely even missed a snap), the Chiefs should have shut Schwartz down and started the surgery/recovery process earlier.
[Reply]
In58men 10:21 AM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Agreed.

I know back injuries are tricky, but after multiple of months of not even being able to practice (for a guy who previously barely even missed a snap), the Chiefs should have shut Schwartz down and started the surgery/recovery process earlier.
We don’t know the details. Maybe he had great days and was showing progress. They could have thought it would eventually heal on its own. I tore my meniscus and the doctor put me into rehab BEFORE surgery because they thought it could heal on its own. Like I said, we don’t know details.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:22 AM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
We don’t know the details. Maybe he had great days and they thought it would eventually heal on its own. I tore my meniscus and the doctor put me into rehab BEFORE surgery because they thought it could heal on its own. Like I said, we don’t know details.
We do know he wasn't even able to participate in a light practice/limited practice since early October.
[Reply]
In58men 10:24 AM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
We do know he wasn't even able to participate in a light practice/limited practice since early October.
Holding out for hope because we needed him. Surgery would be definite IR. Either way lose lose. Not a big deal that they waited to me.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 10:16 AM 02-24-2021

Goddamnit
Did you read the tweet at all?
[Reply]
In58men 10:17 AM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
He definitely didn’t :-)
[Reply]
JakeF 12:39 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
He definitely didn’t :-)
We all did, some of us just don't believe him.

If the "recovery process isn’t too long" like he said then he should've had surgery immediately last season. Then he's ready for the playoffs and Super Bowl. Instead, it was handled perfectly to miss the 2nd half of the 2020 season and 1st part of the 2021 season. If he milks it with some "setbacks" he can miss next year completely and retire.

I wonder if asshat LDT will opt-out again?

We have another Super Bowl title if LDT and Schwartz had REALLY wanted to play last year.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:11 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by JakeF:

If the "recovery process isn’t too long" like he said then he should've had surgery immediately last season. Then he's ready for the playoffs and Super Bowl. Instead, it was handled perfectly to miss the 2nd half of the 2020 season and 1st part of the 2021 season. If he milks it with some "setbacks" he can miss next year completely and retire.

We have another Super Bowl title if LDT and Schwartz had REALLY wanted to play last year.
He has access to NFL team doctors and 2nd opinions from pretty much anybody that will take his fucking millions in cash.

He didn't wait to have surgery to fuck the team.

Sometimes you just don't even have to try to be the fucking biggest, whiniest fucking moron on this board.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:41 PM 02-25-2021

If you have a problem with someone who is a doctor deciding that performing that function in the middle of a global pandemic is a higher priority than playing football, the problem is you. Not him.

Back surgeries are no joke and fickle. Most people are advised to try rest and rehab before having their back operated on. Because it’s a big fucking deal.

Speculating that Schwartz would have been healthy and OK by the Super Bowl is silly. Getting angry about it is even sillier.

Seriously. You think a team that based the whole seasons approach around prepping for the SB didn’t consider that option? And wouldn’t have had him do the surgery if he’d be back for the playoffs?

Isnt Alex Smith about to have a new team? Can you go haunt their message board? Please and thanks.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 04:27 PM 02-25-2021

You're a fucking idiot... Seriously...
[Reply]
RunKC 10:27 AM 02-24-2021
He was out for over 2 months by December. No practice, nothing.

It’s pretty foolish to think he was just gonna come back and be ready to play in the playoffs with that injury.

By the end of December he had to have know his body wasn’t able to start practicing again.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 12
1 234511 > Last »
Up