ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 33
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official AAF Discussion Thread***
Reerun_KC 10:39 PM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
To be fair, his helmet must have been on super loose or something, because he got him pretty square in the chest from what I could tell.

But yeah, that would have been an instant PI in the NFL.
Ejection in the NFL.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:35 PM 02-09-2019
My overall take: I probably won't go out of my way to watch it, but if I'm sitting around without much else going on, I'll plan to turn on whatever games they have. It's a relatively polished product and was reasonably entertaining. The entertainment value would escalate a lot after this year if a few players manage to get on an NFL team and make a difference, which would go a long way toward legitimizing the AAF.

If nothing else, I love it as a testing ground for new rules and procedures. While the XFL will take that to the extreme, the AAF seems to have implemented rules that could reasonably be adopted by the NFL without causing too much angst.
[Reply]
In58men 10:35 PM 02-09-2019
Count me in
[Reply]
ToxSocks 10:44 PM 02-09-2019
I caught some bits and pieces at the gym and made it home for the 4th qtr. I liked it. Felt like football.

Having the CBS production matters.
[Reply]
DaNewGuy 10:46 PM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I caught some bits and pieces at the gym and made it home for the 4th qtr. I liked it. Felt like football.

Having the CBS production matters.
Nice turnouts crowd wise for San Antonio and Orlando (It was raining hard all day in Florida too)
[Reply]
dj56dt58 10:46 PM 02-09-2019
Did they have any type of preseason? Looked like two teams that haven’t quite gelled yet..this league will get better as that happens. Nice to see some defense and big hits that aren’t flagged
[Reply]
Coach 03:47 PM 02-10-2019
Originally Posted by dj56dt58:
Did they have any type of preseason? Looked like two teams that haven’t quite gelled yet..this league will get better as that happens. Nice to see some defense and big hits that aren’t flagged
As far as I know, there isn't any preseason. So I anticipate that there'll be some teams struggling early on (mainly O-Line) and timing will eventually get better once the season goes on.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 03:54 PM 02-10-2019
Originally Posted by Coach:
As far as I know, there isn't any preseason. So I anticipate that there'll be some teams struggling early on (mainly O-Line) and timing will eventually get better once the season goes on.
Looks like they did some sort of preseason scrimmages sense that's where the sizzle reel material came from with players in full uniform.
[Reply]
11Chiefs 11:05 PM 02-09-2019
Watched some of the 2nd and 3rd quarters. Better than I expected. I’m interested enough to watch a whole game tomorrow.
[Reply]
007 11:17 PM 02-09-2019
Why does the aaf website not have scores? Or am I just looking in the wrong places?
[Reply]
DaFace 11:19 PM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by 007:
Why does the aaf website not have scores? Or am I just looking in the wrong places?
I haven't really found an AAF site with automated box scores anywhere.
[Reply]
TribalElder 12:17 AM 02-10-2019
looks like the scores can be found under the team pages but it takes some digging

hopefully they update the site with the standings quicker

https://aaf.com/apollos-dominate-in-inaugural-game
appollos won 40-6 over whoever they played
[Reply]
TribalElder 12:18 AM 02-10-2019
awww looks like quite a few games are on NFL network

that sucks
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 12:24 AM 02-10-2019

Oh they HITTIN’ hIttin’ in this league pic.twitter.com/VivntYptpA

— Trevor Sikkema (@TampaBayTre) February 10, 2019

[Reply]