Media Center>Homeland on Showtime
Pants 10:19 PM 12-05-2012
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I just dont get it.
You and me both, man.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:09 PM 12-05-2012
I just dont get it. Showtime doesn't need to worry about demographics and ratings like networks. Why have a 14 year old girl as a major part in an international intrigue based show? Who wants to watch a brooding 14 year old act like a whiny bitch?
Maybe there is something more to all of that bullshit, maybe she plays a bigger role in all of this. If not, then WTF is the point?
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 07:15 AM 12-06-2012
I just dont get it. Showtime doesn't need to worry about demographics and ratings like networks. Why have a 14 year old girl as a major part in an international intrigue based show? Who wants to watch a brooding 14 year old act like a whiny bitch?
She was the only person Brody could relate to in season 1 and perhaps still even now. She's the reason he didn't set off the vest (the 2nd time). She's also a vehicle to humanize Brody.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:19 AM 12-04-2012
Why did Galvez randomly show up after like a 6 episode absence right when Carrie was captured by Nazir? If he's the mole, he'd be the most obvious mole of all time.:-)
[Reply]
Sorter 03:21 AM 12-04-2012
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Why did Galvez randomly show up after like a 6 episode absence right when Carrie was captured by Nazir? If he's the mole, he'd be the most obvious mole of all time.:-)
The way the writing has been for the past several episodes, that sounds about right.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:40 AM 12-05-2012
BTW, I loved the moment this episode when Saul was just grilling Estes' about Quinn's real purpose to the operation. Hilarious how much he's in his head.
[Reply]
keg in kc 04:21 PM 12-05-2012
I'm going to say the same thing about this last episode that I said about some of season 1, and I know not a lot of people will agree with this, but they make some ****ing ridiculous decisions in the writers room from time to time. The whole bit with Abu Nazir being in the country was enough of a stretch, but then to have him wreck Carrie, then take her hostage in an abandoned warehouse, then make a threatening call to Brody was just...dumb. I mean we're talking mustache-twirling villain territory here, and I expect more than that from this show. And then to have Brody basically kill the vice president in his residence. Jesus. This is a smarter show than that. There's just things they do from time to time that are impossible for me to suspend my disbelief for.

And god, did they have to bring Finn back? That's just what we needed, more angsty teen conversations for me to fast-foward through.

Fortunately the rest of the episode's so good that I don't want to tune out.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:41 PM 12-05-2012
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I'm going to say the same thing about this last episode that I said about some of season 1, and I know not a lot of people will agree with this, but they make some ****ing ridiculous decisions in the writers room from time to time. The whole bit with Abu Nazir being in the country was enough of a stretch, but then to have him wreck Carrie, then take her hostage in an abandoned warehouse, then make a threatening call to Brody was just...dumb. I mean we're talking mustache-twirling villain territory here, and I expect more than that from this show. And then to have Brody basically kill the vice president in his residence. Jesus. This is a smarter show than that. There's just things they do from time to time that are impossible for me to suspend my disbelief for.

And god, did they have to bring Finn back? That's just what we needed, more angsty teen conversations for me to fast-foward through.

Fortunately the rest of the episode's so good that I don't want to tune out.
It's TV and expect a little latitude with reality. But comeon this show and writers can do better than that last show.

But, overall it was a good episode.
[Reply]
okoye35chiefs 07:13 PM 12-05-2012
2 more shows left...she has to cover for brodie again!
[Reply]
RaiderH8r 07:42 PM 12-05-2012
Can Nazir kill Finn and his girlfriend? I could support that.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:48 AM 12-06-2012
Doakes is giving Lila the Chocolate Pain...in hell.
[Reply]
Sorter 08:49 AM 12-06-2012
Originally Posted by PGM:
Doakes is giving Lila the Chocolate Pain...in hell.
:-)
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 06:54 AM 12-07-2012
I'm really afraid the show jumped the shark this past week. Everything was bad about it. Nazir kidnapping an important CIA operative, Brody's task to kill the VP, return of Finn, etc. Even Lewis' acting was bad this episode.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:46 PM 12-07-2012
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
I'm really afraid the show jumped the shark this past week. Everything was bad about it. Nazir kidnapping an important CIA operative, Brody's task to kill the VP, return of Finn, etc. Even Lewis' acting was bad this episode.
There was many WTF moments that last episode but it has a lot of well made episodes in the bank and its only its 2nd year. It's still the best show on television.

I'm not ready to call Fonzie on the show.
[Reply]
Sorter 01:46 PM 12-07-2012
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:

[Reply]
Page 15 of 33
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Up