ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 149 of 232
« First < 4999139145146147148149 150151152153159199 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Official 2017-2018 NBA Playoffs thread!
Al Bundy 08:21 PM 04-13-2018

We'll see if the Warriors recover from the end of the season stretch of stinkers.
[Reply]
dj56dt58 02:55 PM 05-29-2018
LeBron has nothing when he left Cleveland..kd had Westbrook and took the easy way out
[Reply]
-King- 02:56 PM 05-29-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
KD straight up quit on his team when he was with the Thunder in order to join the team that beat them. He’ll always be remember for that.

Yes LeBron was a bitch when he left. He also went back home and made it right playing for an owner he despises. He lead that team to a Championship.
You think if Wade wasn't breaking down he would have left? Lol he's the same dude who said they were going to win 7 titles in a row...yet you think he left after 4 years just because he thought it was right to go back to Cleveland?

You think he would have went back if Kyrie wasn't there and they didn't agree to trade Wiggins for Love?
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:01 PM 05-29-2018
KD straight up quit on his team when he was with the Thunder in order to join the team that beat them. He’ll always be remember for that.

Yes LeBron was a bitch when he left. He also went back home and made it right playing for an owner he despises. He lead that team to a Championship.
We're now bagging on guys who sign for less money in the interest of winning rings. Jesus.

The way OKC Fan has acted toward Durant, I hope he never returns. Dude gave that team 9 years of his prime and, somehow, that wasn't enough.
[Reply]
O.city 03:04 PM 05-29-2018
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
We're now bagging on guys who sign for less money in the interest of winning rings. Jesus.

The way OKC Fan has acted toward Durant, I hope he never returns. Dude gave that team 9 years of his prime and, somehow, that wasn't enough.
"I'll grade you based on championships, but you've got to win them a certain way for it to matter" .
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:09 PM 05-29-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
"I'll grade you based on championships, but you've got to win them a certain way for it to matter" .
I mean, I sort of get it, but we (fans) used to bag on athletes for being "only about the money." Now that some are not just about the money, that's not copacetic either.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:12 PM 05-29-2018

He could have not quit on the team in order to join the one that beat them.

If people are gonna give LeBron shit about super teams then KD should be held to that same standard.
[Reply]
vailpass 03:21 PM 05-29-2018
What do you fans of the current game thin of this guy's views on the current playoffs? The complete reliance on the three and minimized defense have turned off a lot of former pro hoops fans. What do you see in today's game that makes it interesting for you?

These here NBA Playoffs have been terminally boring. They have been so dull and charmless and forgettable that the one night of actual exciting basketball fans have enjoyed somehow still featured two teams taking 3-0 leads in second-round series. Even Rockets-Warriors, this season’s most anticipated series and de facto Finals, has not lived up to the expectations that it would be some sort of freewheeling offensive orgy and has instead turned into an actuarial monument to isolation basketball and arid math. There has been a grand total of one close game in the entire conference finals round. It’s all bad!...

...The Western Conference Finals have played out largely the same way, and qualms about brain worms and the limits of iso-ball aside, it is not fun to watch a basketball game where the outcome is more or less determined in the first half.

This is a problem, just as it’s a problem that the entire playoffs have been similarly featureless and lopsided. Steve Kerr thinks the league-wide reliance on the three-pointer leads to more volatile outcomes and a larger chance of divergent scores, and that seems broadly correct. When the Cavs shoot well from three, they win. When they don’t, they lose and look terrible in the process. They are not a good enough team to win unless they hit threes or LeBron turns into the Hulk, which he’s had to do so many times already throughout the playoffs that it’s at least reasonable to wonder whether he’s not finally all Hulk-ed out.

All of which is to say, the Warriors and Rockets need to put on a show tonight, because the Finals will almost certainly not be worth a shit.

https://deadspin.com/the-nba-playoff...-wa-1826296022
[Reply]
dirk digler 04:54 PM 05-29-2018
If people are gonna give LeBron shit about super teams then KD should be held to that same standard.

Who says he isn't?
[Reply]
Rams Fan 06:40 PM 05-29-2018

I'm giving Durant shit for leaving OKC for the team that beat him in a Game 7.

That would be like Peyton leaving for New England. Or LeBron leaving Cleveland for Boston after losing to them in the playoffs and taking his jersey off.

If Durant left OKC for almost any other team who he thought could realistically win a ring, people would have problems with it, sure, but not to the extent of him leaving for Golden State. Him leaving for Golden State is the weakest move he could have made.

Originally Posted by -King-:
Dude, LeBron left the Cavs when he couldn't hack it with them to pal up with DWade and Bosh in Miami. When Wade started showing signs of aging, LeBron left Miami to back to Cleveland to pal up with Kyrie and love.

Wtf is the difference? If one is beta, then they're both beta.
Posted via Mobile Device
The difference is that KD had an in-his-prime Westbrook who just posted a season average of a triple double in the two seasons since KD left.

LeBron had the corpses of Mo Williams and Zydrunas Ilguaskas. LeBron would not have left Cleveland if he could get the talent that could compete for a championship consistently there.

KD had freaking Westbrook.
[Reply]
mcaj22 06:46 PM 05-29-2018
I am excited to see Lebrons new super team assembled this offseason.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 06:47 PM 05-29-2018
I remember the Kansas City Kings playing at Kemper Arena
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 06:48 PM 05-29-2018
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
I'm giving Durant shit for leaving OKC for the team that beat him in a Game 7.

That would be like Peyton leaving for New England. Or LeBron leaving Cleveland for Boston after losing to them in the playoffs and taking his jersey off.

If Durant left OKC for almost any other team who he thought could realistically win a ring, people would have problems with it, sure, but not to the extent of him leaving for Golden State. Him leaving for Golden State is the weakest move he could have made.

The difference is that KD had an in-his-prime Westbrook who just posted a season average of a triple double in the two seasons since KD left.

LeBron had the corpses of Mo Williams and Zydrunas Ilguaskas. LeBron would not have left Cleveland if he could get the talent that could compete for a championship consistently there.

KD had freaking Westbrook.
You can try to spin but they both did virtually the same thing.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 06:51 PM 05-29-2018
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
You can try to spin but they both did virtually the same thing.
LeBron did not go to the team that beat in the playoffs in a freaking Game 7 the next season. He deserves criticism with how he announced the Decision.

KD deserves criticism for leaving OKC for the team that beat him in a Game 7 the next season.

I don't see how the two are remotely similar.
[Reply]
NWTF 06:56 PM 05-29-2018
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:

Thats pretty cool except they left off Alabamas and Lebrons 2009 and 2011 Championships.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 07:05 PM 05-29-2018
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
LeBron did not go to the team that beat in the playoffs in a freaking Game 7 the next season. He deserves criticism with how he announced the Decision.

KD deserves criticism for leaving OKC for the team that beat him in a Game 7 the next season.

I don't see how the two are remotely similar.
KD deserves no criticism. He was a free agent. This is America. He had the right to sign with any team he wanted. He was paid by the Thunder and he fulfilled his contract, he had no further obligation to the team.

The only criticism Lebron deserves for leaving was the dick way he announced, and the fact that he teased Cleveland fans all along the way when he never had intentions of returning. But again, Lebron was a free agent, and this is America, and he was free to sign with whomever he wished.
[Reply]
Page 149 of 232
« First < 4999139145146147148149 150151152153159199 > Last »
Up