ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 148 of 270
« First < 4898138144145146147148 149150151152158198248 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***OFFICIAL 2019 Chiefs Training Camp Thread***
RealSNR 02:58 PM 07-23-2019
Tweets from https://twitter.com/RMSWeather/lists/chiefs

In the meantime, this gem from Andy Reid's press conference today:

Andy Reid was asked if he did anything fun or exotic this offseason: “I attacked a couple Chile rellenos.”

— Jeff Darlington (@JeffDarlington) July 23, 2019

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:53 PM 08-03-2019
I am sure it has something to do with the velocity of his balls compared to the distance they go.

On longer throws the velocity is going to drop off hard at the end compared to the first 1/2 of the throw when it is at his peak.

This creates the illusion of "english" on the ball causing it to sharply drop as it descends.

Whereas other QBs are going to have to put more air under the ball and their velocity will drop off earlier in a more natural arc.

I'm sure a real scientist can confirm this analysis.
[Reply]
New World Order 04:06 PM 08-03-2019
Recap from AP for today:

On the field, the defense won the day. Okafor, Clark, and Juan Thornhill all looked particularly great. Clark and Okafor racked up several would-be sacks in the team portion of practice, and both set the edge well in the run game. Thornhill had a great pass break-up in the back of the end zone on Mecole Hardman as well as an interception off of Patrick Mahomes.
[Reply]
O.city 04:08 PM 08-03-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I am sure it has something to do with the velocity of his balls compared to the distance they go.

On longer throws the velocity is going to drop off hard at the end compared to the first 1/2 of the throw when it is at his peak.

This creates the illusion of "english" on the ball causing it to sharply drop as it descends.

Whereas other QBs are going to have to put more air under the ball and their velocity will drop off earlier in a more natural arc.

I'm sure a real scientist can confirm this analysis.
Iirc, to get the nose to point down like that you’ve gotta have it spinning quite a bit otherwise it won’t turn over
[Reply]
FAX 04:08 PM 08-03-2019
I'm wondering why we're not hearing much about Chris Jones ...

Media blackout? Slow learning the system? Bad fit in 4-3?

FAX
[Reply]
FAX 04:10 PM 08-03-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Iirc, to get the nose to point down like that you’ve gotta have it spinning quite a bit otherwise it won’t turn over
The ball rotation has a lot to do with the rather unusual behavior ... IMHO.

FAX
[Reply]
gonefishin53 04:16 PM 08-03-2019
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
He ****ing better. DE in the 2nd round 2 years in a row, we had better get at least one serviceable player.
The problem is, Bonehead Bob played them at OLB. They are not and never will be OLBs. Now that Bonehead Bob and his assistants are gone, they can play the positions that made them 2nd round picks.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:23 PM 08-03-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
The camera lens/angle had an effect on that one, Mr. Halfcan.

However, after watching every Mahomes pass (both TT and Chiefs) at least 20 times, I am convinced that his balls sometimes do crazy things.

Not only his balls ... but his throws, as well.

Sometimes you see a bit of unusual, mid-pass lift or elevation that is inexplicable and I've seen quite a number that appear to curve ... most often to the left.

I don't know why. Or how. I'm guessing it's a matter of maximum football velocity and rotation.

FAX
he throws sliders.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:26 PM 08-03-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
If he picked off Mahomes then that's impressive. Picking off Chaz Heiney not so much.
An INT of Henne is the NFL average when a QB fucksbup a read, You can't expect parting the seas , healing frail children, and picking off a PMII pass breaking the sound barrier simultaneously.

It's better than hearing that the ghost of Berry will make everything all better when Eric's healthy which never happened.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 04:30 PM 08-03-2019
Originally Posted by gonefishin53:
The problem is, Bonehead Bob drafted them to play OLB. They are not and never will be OLBs. Now that Bonehead Bob and his assistants are gone, they can play the positions that made them 2nd round picks.
Sutton had no power to draft. They were picked in the 2nd round by the collective genius braintrust of Dorsey/Veach knowing full well they were raw and didn't fit the system.
[Reply]
chinaski 04:30 PM 08-03-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
However, after watching every Mahomes pass (both TT and Chiefs) at least 20 times, I am convinced that his balls sometimes do crazy things.
Somebody mentioned recently about a ball he threw either at training camp or last season that literally curved. Now, I don't know about that in this years training camp, but there was a pass that he threw in the regular season last year that curved.

Not sure what game it was, but I ain't lying. it was the most bizarre thing I have ever seen a football do. The dude has crazy mojo. :-)
[Reply]
ReynardMuldrake 04:39 PM 08-03-2019
https://youtu.be/Mao5JixCtw8?t=270

I could swear his pass at 4:30 on his top 100 video he bends it right to left.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 04:39 PM 08-03-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Am I just seeing things, or do Mahomes passes take a nosedive at the end of them? I mean they arch in a beautiful spiral- then bang, dive-bomb down right to the target. It must be a mirage??
Divine intervention. Mahomes's passes are touched by the hand of God. Sometimes He redirects them a bit.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:49 PM 08-03-2019
Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake:
https://youtu.be/Mao5JixCtw8?t=270

I could swear his pass at 4:30 on his top 100 video he bends it right to left.
He’s been doing that since his first preseason games

I dubbed him “The Last Airbender” :-)
[Reply]
Great Expectations 05:13 PM 08-03-2019
Spin rate is real with a baseball, probably is with a football too.
[Reply]
Jerm 05:23 PM 08-03-2019
Juan Thornhill is going to end up as one of the steals of this year's draft...

Dude looks great already.
[Reply]
Page 148 of 270
« First < 4898138144145146147148 149150151152158198248 > Last »
Up