ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 147 of 232
« First < 4797137143144145146147 148149150151157197 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Official 2017-2018 NBA Playoffs thread!
Al Bundy 08:21 PM 04-13-2018

We'll see if the Warriors recover from the end of the season stretch of stinkers.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 12:51 AM 05-29-2018
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
You know this isn’t good for basketball cupcake.
Must be why the NBA set an attendance record, ESPN just scored their highest CF basketball rating ever last night, merchandise sales went up by 25%, and ratings are way up.
[Reply]
New World Order 01:12 AM 05-29-2018
With how bad GS has looked I think it's very possible Cleveland takes it
[Reply]
mcaj22 05:38 AM 05-29-2018
Trevor Ariza's stat line is amazing for game 7
[Reply]
Al Bundy 07:14 AM 05-29-2018
Those Knicks-Heat type of matchups were completely un-watchable. It wasn't because "great defense" it was because those teams were offensively talentless. THAT was bad for basketball.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:43 AM 05-29-2018
I wonder what it’s like to be a fan of a team like Golden State these last two years.

Everyone knows you’ll win it all...even if you sleepwalk through half of the game.

The question isn’t “who will win the Finals?”. The question is “Can Cleveland win 1 game?”.
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:15 AM 05-29-2018
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Do you actually believe this shit? :-)
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Even if scoring was the only thing that mattered in basketball and you ignored every single other part of the game that LeBron is vastly superior to Durant at, check out the active list of 40+ point playoff games:

https://www.basketball-reference.com....fcgi?id=D3VfC

A wash, though. :-)

I think you are misunderstanding what I am saying which is when they are going head to head they cancel each other out. Lebron will get his and KD will as well and they really won't stop each other so that matchup is wash. I am not saying KD = Lebron career wise or anything. So chill.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 08:16 AM 05-29-2018
Blame the league for having a soft cap and incentivizing teams to tank then.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:20 AM 05-29-2018
Basketball never has had parity. Always one to three teams dominate it.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:21 AM 05-29-2018

Good news for LeBron. pic.twitter.com/F28SdZLAwx

— ESPN (@espn) May 28, 2018

[Reply]
TEX 09:23 AM 05-29-2018
Originally Posted by Rudy tossed tigger's salad:
Yes, it's a historic choke job, but neither you nor I gave them a chance this series. So how about you just stfu
Well, I sure did. Choke job? Maybe...People are always quick to use that term. I consider a choke job to be more of a situation where no adversity is present. In the Rocket's case, I am pretty sure they were pressing, to compensate, and bad stuff can happen in that situation, and it did. They have closed the gap a great deal since last season. Sure, it's bad to lose, but not disgraceful to take GS to 7 games doing it.

We'll see what roster moves Morey has in store for next season. It's all good from where I sit.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:33 AM 05-29-2018
A historic choke job is what OKC did against Golden State, or what the Warriors did against the Cavs in 2016. Houston got beaten by a better team that was consistently better through the series. The Rockets squeaking out a couple of close wins doesn't change the fact that if you look at the box score, this series was dominated by the Warriors, who had a bigger average margin of victory in this series, even accounting for the three losses, than they did in the regular season.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:37 AM 05-29-2018
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
If you go by last years Finals it was. KD avg 35 pts and Lebron avg 33. I think KD shot over 50% when Lebron guarded him as well
I don't know how Cleveland will manage Lebrons usage. LeBron can play defense but he can't be asked to play hard defense for 48 minutes. Golden state has a tendency to go on runs and I just can't see Cleveland being able to avoid those runs all 4 quarters.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:47 AM 05-29-2018
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
A historic choke job is what OKC did against Golden State, or what the Warriors did against the Cavs in 2016. Houston got beaten by a better team that was consistently better through the series. The Rockets squeaking out a couple of close wins doesn't change the fact that if you look at the box score, this series was dominated by the Warriors, who had a bigger average margin of victory in this series, even accounting for the three losses, than they did in the regular season.
They choked in game 7 big time.

The idea that GS is some unbeatable juggernaut went up in smoke.
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:47 AM 05-29-2018
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I don't know how Cleveland will manage Lebrons usage. LeBron can play defense but he can't be asked to play hard defense for 48 minutes. Golden state has a tendency to go on runs and I just can't see Cleveland being able to avoid those runs all 4 quarters.

I am just guessing but I bet they stick Lebron on Draymond or Iggy (if he plays). Then again they don't really have anybody outside of Lebron who can guard KD so i don't know. Should be interesting.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:47 AM 05-29-2018
Originally Posted by New World Order:
With how bad GS has looked I think it's very possible Cleveland takes it
Doubtful.

Golden State looks bored half of the time and then when they decide to turn it on they are pretty much unstoppable.
[Reply]
Page 147 of 232
« First < 4797137143144145146147 148149150151157197 > Last »
Up