ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 146 of 163
« First < 4696136142143144145146 147148149150156 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Major Update on Tyreek Hill [old thread, don't freak out]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:44 AM 04-24-2019

Today at 3:00, Steve will be holding a press conference regarding the criminal investigation involving Tyreek Hill and Crystal Espinal. This will be held in our 4th floor conference room.

— Johnson County KS DA (@JohnsonCoDA) April 24, 2019

From @NFLTotalAccess: The latest on #Chiefs WR Tyreek Hill... pic.twitter.com/5xEpODrhuf

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 25, 2019

[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 06:52 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
And also said charges could still be filed for up to 5 years.

Are you trolling?
Just ban him from the thread and be done with it.

Sincerely,

All of us
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:54 PM 04-25-2019
As fucked up as this is, and it's WAAAAAAY fucked up, this time Clark should make sure that if we cut Hill "because it's the right thing to do", Hill can't go to another team without some major compensation. IOW, this time the Chiefs need to make sure the NFL is on the same sheet of music as the team is, if not, we play hardball, no matter how bad it looks. It's still a business, and we need to make sure we don't throw away a run at a SB because we weren't willing to play hardball and, ultimately, gift one of the NFL's best players to another team.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:54 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
HEY IS NOW A GOOD TIME TO ANNOUNCE THE NAMING OF THE DEFENSIVE MEETING ROOM?

Man, this organization is fucked.
I hope that was the result of some brain-dead intern with their head up their ass.

If not for Mahomes, this is a terribly unlikable franchise right now.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 06:56 PM 04-25-2019
And also said charges could still be filed for up to 5 years.

Are you trolling?
And you expect that to happen after the DA said they had nothing just yesterday? This audio changes nothing because Tyreek denied any wrong doing.
[Reply]
frozenchief 06:57 PM 04-25-2019
The downside to this recording is she admits she did not talk with the prosecutors to cover for him. There are some credibility issues with the recording, such as she was the one who started the recording and kept accusing him. She says she was covering for him but now she releases the tape. She is the one who makes the allegations against him, including saying what the kid supposedly says ("He says..." We don't hear from the kid himself, just what she says the kid says. She may be wrong, but Tyreek's statements don't help him at all).

However, the DA could use this statement against her, essentially forcing her to now cooperate with the investigation. I do not know Kansas laws regarding obstruction of investigation/justice* and she would continue to have a Fifth Amendment against self incrimination. BUT, and this is a big but, there is a pending children's case.

Again, I don't know the specifics of Kansas law but I have handled children's cases many years in the past. And while people have the right against self incrimination, many times the agency will tell one parent "work with us against the other parent and we will not take your kid away." If that happens, Cristal might elect to start cooperating with the criminal investigation and the children's investigation. Since children's cases are civil, they are viewed a bit differently. The main goal of the children's case is to protect the kid. And if DFC thinks that she will side with Hill over the kid, they will tell the court and argue that the kid cannot go back to a house with both of them. If the court agrees, the court would prohibit Hill from having un-supervised contact with the kid and Cristal will be forced to either go with Hill or keep the kid.

We still do not have any statement from the kid and none would be released, although if there was to be a trial, it would be an interesting question whether the kid could testify. Children that age are frequently deemed to not be competent as witnesses, in part because it can be hard for them to understand the distinction between truth and fantasy. And his right of confrontation would prohibit Cristal from testifying about what the kid said. She would certainly be subject to impeachment and the evidence in the case has not been released yet, so it is hard to see where this fits into the criminal case.

Release of this statement, though, gave the prosecutors an indirect lever to use to get her to testify against Hill.

* federal laws are quite specific that obstruction of justice does not equal obstruction of investigation.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:59 PM 04-25-2019
i'm not even sure what I read here. Care to decode it?
A response to an idiotic tweet from Pro Football Focus.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:59 PM 04-25-2019
it's real interesting that Mahomes, who was supposed to sit through the first round as guest commentator is GONE.
[Reply]
carcosa 07:01 PM 04-25-2019
Man, fuck this world.

I'd like to pay someone $20 to beat me to death, thanks
[Reply]
TEX 07:02 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by carcosa:
Man, **** this world.

:-)
[Reply]
Chief Northman 07:02 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
it's real interesting that Mahomes, who was supposed to sit through the first round as guest commentator is GONE.
Maybe the Chiefs released him...
[Reply]
TEX 07:02 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Good, he doesn't need to address any part of this at this time.
[Reply]
jimidollar 07:03 PM 04-25-2019
It's gonna be real cool to see Travis Kelce have 200 receptions next year.
[Reply]
arrwheader 07:03 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Maybe some people don't want to be associated with woman and child-beating one who sucks the peniss, and maybe there are certain things more important than the outcome of a football game--like not enabling violent ****ing criminals because they run fast.

Would you teach your kids or employees to cut corners and ignore obvious personal deficiencies in the pursuit of achievement? If not, why care about whether or not some other team picks this piece of human detritus up off the scrap heap? There are certain things the Chiefs can control and there are certain things they can't. They already enabled the mother****er once by giving him an undeserved second chance. Keeping him on the team only further enables him. They can't control other teams enabling him. He should be banned for life, but if people keep enabling and covering for him, he won't end up where he should have been from the start--prison.

Yea agree if hes guilty of hurting the child then he should be cut banned and put in the can.

This tape doesn't change the fact that there's no proof of that. Just sayin people don't like it but it doesn't.

It doesn't look good for him and I am sure that most people will get their wish and he will be cut but yea no one here is gonna like it when hes playing for the browns this year. I say this year because I don't think hes going to be charged just soley on this tape.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:03 PM 04-25-2019
Man, **** this world.

sigh. Okay, I'll do it, but you're going to have to reassure me that it's okay after every swing of the bat.
[Reply]
Kman34 07:06 PM 04-25-2019
Man, fuck this world.

I take paypal....:-)....
[Reply]
Page 146 of 163
« First < 4696136142143144145146 147148149150156 > Last »
Up