ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 146 of 335
« First < 4696136142143144145146 147148149150156196246 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
GloucesterChief 08:16 PM 05-15-2016
Originally Posted by alanm:
I'm thinking they had the place rigged up beforehand. But I was thinking the same thing.
They never showed it and I believe it was the same night.
[Reply]
BigRichard 08:27 PM 05-15-2016
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Emilia Clarke boobies!!
I think they CGI'd her head on someone elses body. That didn't look real.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 08:45 PM 05-15-2016
I'm thinking they had the place rigged up beforehand. But I was thinking the same thing.
Either it was rigged by the young girl from earlier in the episode or Dany used her fire magic to turn it into an inferno. Either way I was fine with it.

This was a good "moving it along" episode with a lot of necessary set-up. The only thing that I don't get and/or seems strange this season is how no one at all seems particularly impressed with the fact that JON SNOW CAME BACK FROM THE DEAD. Sansa acted like re-animating was something you just do when you're at the wall. I know you can't keep having the same surprise over and over and over again, but not one character has been particularly amazed at the fact that he died and came back.

Other than that quibble...good episode.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 08:48 PM 05-15-2016
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
Either it was rigged by the young girl from earlier in the episode or Dany used her fire magic to turn it into an inferno. Either way I was fine with it.

This was a good "moving it along" episode with a lot of necessary set-up. The only thing that I don't get and/or seems strange this season is how no one at all seems particularly impressed with the fact that JON SNOW CAME BACK FROM THE DEAD. Sansa acted like re-animating was something you just do when you're at the wall. I know you can't keep having the same surprise over and over and over again, but not one character has been particularly amazed at the fact that he died and came back.

Other than that quibble...good episode.
She probably doesn't know. He was only dead for like a day. I doubt anybody outside of castle black knows.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 08:51 PM 05-15-2016
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
She probably doesn't know. He was only dead for like a day. I doubt anybody outside of castle black knows.
When they were talking he mentioned something along the lines of "what happened here [at Castle Black]."

Last week none of the condemned seemed to be particularly concerned that their executioner was himself executed (well, one guy did, but it was almost in passing).

Maybe up that far north after fighting the dead it has just become passe to die.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 08:52 PM 05-15-2016
Readers of the books help here please:

In the books is there some sort of "known" mythology that the Dothroki subscribe to that would cause them to fall to their knees when they see Dany wipe out their long-hair politburo? Just curious.
[Reply]
wazu 09:08 PM 05-15-2016
Yeah, seemed pretty obvious they had poured something all over the floor in advance.
[Reply]
wazu 09:11 PM 05-15-2016
Seems like this season has really satisfying episodes.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 09:16 PM 05-15-2016
Who thinks Cercei is luring the Tyrells into a trap?
[Reply]
wazu 09:22 PM 05-15-2016
Who thinks Cercei is luring the Tyrells into a trap?
I thought the same.
[Reply]
Swanman 09:28 PM 05-15-2016
Readers of the books help here please:

In the books is there some sort of "known" mythology that the Dothroki subscribe to that would cause them to fall to their knees when they see Dany wipe out their long-hair politburo? Just curious.
I imagine it's more about a primitive culture seeing something crazy and acting like she is a god.
[Reply]
unlurking 09:33 PM 05-15-2016
Agreed, stunt boobs.

And regarding the fire, of course it was magic. She's standing in it. My guess is she has some measure of control over it, as seen when the dothraki ran outside the circle along the wall to the door and the fire followed them.

As far as the kneeling goes, the dothraki seem to make a habit of kneeling before those who can survive fire...

https://youtu.be/cTRhHJBWvO8

EDIT:Sorry, can't embed.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:35 PM 05-15-2016
Originally Posted by wazu:
Yeah, seemed pretty obvious they had poured something all over the floor in advance.
Yeah, there was accelerator put down before the meeting. She said the girl could help them. Maybe the girl helped them get access before the meeting.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 09:35 PM 05-15-2016
Originally Posted by Swanman:
I imagine it's more about a primitive culture seeing something crazy and acting like she is a god.
I buy that...just was curious if its consistent with the Doth in the books...
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:37 PM 05-15-2016
Originally Posted by wazu:
Yeah, there was accelerator put down before the meeting. Maybe the girl helped them get access before the meeting. Or it was her own fire magic.
[Reply]
Page 146 of 335
« First < 4696136142143144145146 147148149150156196246 > Last »
Up