ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 146 of 291
« First < 4696136142143144145146 147148149150156196246 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>TAY-TAY AND TRAVIS ARE DATING
Hammock Parties 10:52 AM 09-12-2023
MAKE. BABIES. WIN. TROPHIES.

EXCLUSIVE: Nearly two months after Travis Kelce tried to give Taylor Swift his number, a source tells The Messenger that the duo has indeed linked up https://t.co/uQOUsu4Ghe

— The Messenger (@TheMessenger) September 12, 2023

Originally Posted by :
Nearly two months after Travis Kelce tried to give Taylor Swift his number, a source tells The Messenger that the duo has indeed linked up.

"Taylor and Travis have been quietly hanging out," the source said. "She saw him when she was in NYC a few weeks ago."

The Messenger has reached out to reps for Swift and Kelce for comment.

In July, Kelce tried — and failed — to pass his phone number to Swift ahead of a stop on the singer's record-breaking Eras Tour.

During an episode of the New Heights podcast with his brother, Jason Kelce, the Kansas City Chiefs tight end said he made a bracelet for the show with the digits of his phone number on the beads.

The two-time Super Bowl champ wanted to gift the homemade jewelry to the pop star ahead of her Kansas City show at Arrowhead Stadium in July, but unfortunately for him, Swift didn't take the bait.

"I was disappointed that she doesn't talk before or after her shows because she has to save her voice for the 44 songs that she sings, so I was a little butthurt I didn't get to hand her one of the bracelets I made for her," Kelce explained on the podcast.

As his brother laughed, Kelce added, "She doesn't meet anybody — or at least she didn't want to meet me, so I took it personal, but it was an unbelievable show."

The pairing comes after Swift and Matty Healy's whirlwind romance came to an end in June after weeks of dating.

"It was a whirlwind romance but Taylor and Matty are now not together. Taylor broke it off with him, and it happened fast," a source told The Messenger at the time. "They had a lot of fun together, and it moved really quickly, but ultimately Taylor wanted to move on and be single."

Swift was linked to Healy in May after she and longtime boyfriend Joe Alwyn broke up in April. The 12-time Grammy winner is releasing 1989 (Taylor's Version) on Oct. 27.

[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 12:32 PM 10-24-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Nah, I think you’re just skewing this to suit your purposes.

There’s no black and white between fandom and worship. It’s a spectrum. Plenty of Chiefs fans are curious about Mahomes’ personal life and what he’s doing and what he enjoys. Does that mean they “worship” him? Or are people allowed to have some curiosity about what people like that are doing when they’re not performing their craft? Was there not a Netflix documentary that many of us loved because we got to see even more of behind-the-scenes Mahomes than we had before?

“Worship” is just such a charged term that you’re throwing out there when it’s just the most extreme form of fandom.
Ok… you know me and my position better than I do.

Thank you for the correction.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 12:33 PM 10-24-2023
Originally Posted by 007:
Oh hell. :-)
His second effort was next level. :-)
[Reply]
TwistedChief 12:39 PM 10-24-2023
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
Swifties aren't brain dead because they are Swifties. There are brain dead Chiefs fans. There are brain dead fans of all sorts of things. I'm strictly referring to the brain dead ones that will do things just to be like her or have commonality with her.
Or, maybe they’re supporting her boyfriend - Travis Kelce - and the team he plays for? Is that wrong?

If a female friend of yours started dating TJ Watt, might you want to see him play better because you think it’ll make your friend happier?

I know the response will be, “The difference is that’s a friend and not some distant celebrity,” but I think she’s made a lot of these fans gloriously happy and they want her to be happy just the same. Especially since so much of her love life has been lived in the public eye and through her music. It’s not hard to imagine the fans feel more connected to her in that respect.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:39 PM 10-24-2023
Holy shit... not even remotely what I was saying. I don't dislike Swift's music. I don't go out of my way to listen to it... but I don't hate it. I understand that she doesn't make her music for me.

What about it being girls matter either? **** dude... you are just making shit up now.

Swifties aren't brain dead because they are Swifties. There are brain dead Chiefs fans. There are brain dead fans of all sorts of things. I'm strictly referring to the brain dead ones that will do things just to be like her or have commonality with her.

I'm just going by what you wrote if there's confusion maybe you should convey your thoughts better.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 12:40 PM 10-24-2023
Originally Posted by Kiimo:
I'm just going by what you wrote if there's confusion maybe you should convey your thoughts better.
Nah... you made up a bunch of shit along the way dude.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 12:42 PM 10-24-2023
Ok… you know me and my position better than I do.

Thank you for the correction.
Then please elaborate further and detail how there’s not a direct line between fandom and worship. And how you’re just painting with the widest of all brushes.

I eagerly look forward to your response.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:42 PM 10-24-2023
Huzzah... brain dead Swifties who would drink from her Diva cup if she asked who don't actually like the team or anything about it are gonna buy gear because they wanna be like or have commonality with Swift. Yay! Hurray! So exciting!

What a giant amount of confusion on MY PART! I must have made up that you called Swifties brain dead for what turns out to be ~complicated reasons~
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 12:45 PM 10-24-2023
What a giant amount of confusion on MY PART! I must have made up that you called Swifties brain dead for what turns out to be ~complicated reasons~
Did I say Swifties are brain dead or did I describe a subset of Swift fans? Let's totally not mention the whole "girls" thing you threw in there for good measure.
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:45 PM 10-24-2023
I dunno, seemed pretty obvious he didn't mean all Swifties are brain dead, considering he had just finished explaining how not all Chiefs fans worship the Chiefs.

"brain dead Swifties who would drink from her Diva cup" ..."who would drink.." significantly reduces the number of "brain dead Swifties" in that statement. :-)

I guess we could constantly add little comments about *not all, or whatever, but seems tedious.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 12:47 PM 10-24-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Then please elaborate further and detail how there’s not a direct line between fandom and worship. And how you’re just painting with the widest of all brushes.

I eagerly look forward to your response.
Nah.

I came here and vented... I didn't come here to have a etymological discussion on the word "worship" vs "fandom".

Plus I'm not interested in convincing you that I'm not "skewing" this for my own purposes (whatever the hell those may be).
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:48 PM 10-24-2023
Here, let's try a bit of a test run.

Huzzah... brain dead Chiefs fans who would drink from Mahomes' athletic supporter if he asked who don't actually like the team or anything about it are gonna buy gear because they wanna be like or have commonality with Mahomes. Yay! Hurray! So exciting!

If you read this would you think that someone is talking about a "subsection" of Chiefs fans? Or would you read that as pure trolling of Chiefs fans?
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 12:49 PM 10-24-2023
Here, let's try a bit of a test run.

If you read this would you think that someone is talking about a "subsection" of Chiefs fans? Or would you read that as pure trolling of Chiefs fans?
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...postcount=2184
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:51 PM 10-24-2023
Seems like everyday is a new cage match in this thread. :-)
[Reply]
TwistedChief 12:52 PM 10-24-2023
I'm not looking forward to Swift invading every aspect of Arrowhead. Offense turns it over... "shake it off" blares through stadium speakers.

T. Swizzle's music is just not something I enjoy. I realize she doesn't make it for me though. I don't want to hear it any more than I absolutely have to.
Nah.

I came here and vented... I didn't come here to have a etymological discussion on the word "worship" vs "fandom".

Plus I'm not interested in convincing you that I'm not "skewing" this for my own purposes (whatever the hell those may be).
Because you’re hypergeneralizing. You’re painting anyone who is a Taylor Swift fan who has embraced the Chiefs by buying a Kelce jersey or posting about it online as essentially being a brain dead Swiftie. How do I know that?

Because of how you defined it yourself: “I'm strictly referring to the brain dead ones that will do things just to be like her or have commonality with her.”

You admitted from the start that you didn’t enjoy her music but still find yourself complaining about her presence at Arrowhead weeks later. Maybe ignore the thread and close your eyes for 6 seconds when Kelce makes a good catch and they pan to her.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 12:54 PM 10-24-2023
Come on, Swfities aren't brain dead...they just have terrible taste in music.
[Reply]
Page 146 of 291
« First < 4696136142143144145146 147148149150156196246 > Last »
Up