ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 145 of 208
« First < 4595135141142143144145 146147148149155195 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*.* NEW- 2014 General Fitness Thread *.*
penguinz 01:44 PM 08-13-2014
I guess we filled up the old one... http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280149

Welcome to 2014! Now get your ass in top physical condition!

No one else started it so here it is!

**From the 2013 Thread**

If you want to get back into lifting, or need a new lifting routine, START HERE:

http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wi...inner_Programs

If you have questions about the SS programs, look here:

http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ

Keep in mind that you're a novice lifter for a longer period of time than you think you are. Novice lifting can last anywhere from a few months to a year or two, depending on how hard you hit the weights and where you started.

Once you've reached the point where you don't make regular progress on the SS program, you are ready to move on to the intermediate stage, which can last you for a good number of years. Find it HERE:

http://madcow.hostzi.com/5x5_Program/Linear_5x5.htm

If you're a very advanced lifter (many, many years of CONSISTENT weight training), then there are lot of programs out there, and which one you pick is simply a matter of preference. If you're really that advanced, you should know what works for you and what doesn't by this point.
[Reply]
penguinz 12:34 PM 10-27-2015
Originally Posted by el borracho:
Looking for diet advice...

I've been on a very strict diet for the last 4 months- lost about 30 pounds, and went from probably 18% bodyfat to about 9 or 10% bodyfat. Anyway, I'm wanting to incorporate some "normal" meals back into my diet once in a while but I'm a little scared it will make me ill to suddenly start eating things like dairy and cured meats. Anybody have any advice on how to introduce these things as once-a-week cheats without making myself sick? Silock, Aspengc8, penguinz?
Not saying you are wrong but most people have no idea what bf % this low looks like.
[Reply]
penguinz 12:47 PM 10-27-2015
Looking for diet advice...

I've been on a very strict diet for the last 4 months- lost about 30 pounds, and went from probably 18% bodyfat to about 9 or 10% bodyfat. Anyway, I'm wanting to incorporate some "normal" meals back into my diet once in a while but I'm a little scared it will make me ill to suddenly start eating things like dairy and cured meats. Anybody have any advice on how to introduce these things as once-a-week cheats without making myself sick? Silock, Aspengc8, penguinz?
Not sure if I am the one to ask. I eat whatever I want and just work harder to counter-act the bad days.

2 sundays ago I ate an entire package or oreos and drank a batch of Koolaid for a snack. The day after sucked but it was worth it. :-)
[Reply]
KC native 01:05 PM 10-27-2015
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Not sure if I am the one to ask. I eat whatever I want and just work harder to counter-act the bad days.

2 sundays ago I ate an entire package or oreos and drank a batch of Koolaid for a snack. The day after sucked but it was worth it. :-)
So did your boyfriend break up with you the day before or something?
[Reply]
penguinz 01:21 PM 10-27-2015
Originally Posted by KC native:
So did your boyfriend break up with you the day before or something?
It was Oreos not Ice Cream!
[Reply]
KC native 01:39 PM 10-27-2015
It was Oreos not Ice Cream!
Same difference

:-)
[Reply]
penguinz 02:27 PM 10-27-2015
Originally Posted by KC native:
Same difference

:-)... Kids were at grandma's so I had the opportunity to buy a treat and not have to share. Only way to make sure I did not have to share was to eat all in one sitting!
[Reply]
KC native 02:29 PM 10-27-2015
:-)... Kids were at grandma's so I had the opportunity to buy a treat and not have to share. Only way to make sure I did not have to share was to eat all in one sitting!

That's fucking awesome and I completely understand.
[Reply]
el borracho 05:57 PM 10-27-2015
Originally Posted by NewChief:
I don't think you'll suffer much from the cured meats.

Dairy, though, still wrecks me. Getting away from eating it on a regular basis really seemed to exacerbate the negative effect on my digestive tract when I do choose to eat it. The main culprits, for me, as whole milk and cream derivatives (ice cream) and softer cheeses. Hard cheeses don't bother me. When I want soft cheese, I go with goat's milk cheese, which doesn't bother me as much either.
Oh, man... this is what I'm afraid of. First two months of the diet I fantasized about cheese enchiladas, pepperoni pizzas, green chile cheeseburgers and chocolate malts. Now, I'm scared to eat these things.

Any success in moderating portions, or is it all bad even if you limit yourself to a small meal?
[Reply]
el borracho 05:59 PM 10-27-2015
Not saying you are wrong but most people have no idea what bf % this low looks like.
Well, I plan to get my bodyfat tested so I will let you know. Might even post a pic or two if I can figure out how to do it.
[Reply]
el borracho 06:00 PM 10-27-2015

For some reason I thought you were a bit more disciplined in the kitchen, lol.
[Reply]
penguinz 08:28 PM 10-27-2015
For some reason I thought you were a bit more disciplined in the kitchen, lol.
No, and I have to work harder because of it.
[Reply]
Silock 08:57 PM 10-27-2015
Oh, man... this is what I'm afraid of. First two months of the diet I fantasized about cheese enchiladas, pepperoni pizzas, green chile cheeseburgers and chocolate malts. Now, I'm scared to eat these things.

Any success in moderating portions, or is it all bad even if you limit yourself to a small meal?
Moderation is fine.

Find low calorie alternative. Low fat cheese, low fat meats . . . and then moderate that intake. It's not that bad.
[Reply]
penguinz 09:01 PM 10-27-2015
Originally Posted by Silock:
Moderation is fine.

Find low calorie alternative. Low fat cheese, low fat meats . . . and then moderate that intake. It's not that bad.
Or spend an extra hour lifting each day. ;-)
[Reply]
el borracho 11:38 AM 11-04-2015
Had a hydro test of my bodyfat this morning at the university... according to the results of the test, I have only 5.6% bodyfat. I'm not sure I believe it, but hydro tests are supposed to be one of the most accurate measures. Anyway, if someone can provide very detailed directions on how to upload photos, I will post a photo or two.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 12:18 PM 11-04-2015
Had a hydro test of my bodyfat this morning at the university... according to the results of the test, I have only 5.6% bodyfat. I'm not sure I believe it, but hydro tests are supposed to be one of the most accurate measures. Anyway, if someone can provide very detailed directions on how to upload photos, I will post a photo or two.
The most accurate way is to PM nudes to Lewdog and he will let you know.

What is your beight and weight because 6% is like comp level numbers?
[Reply]
Page 145 of 208
« First < 4595135141142143144145 146147148149155195 > Last »
Up