ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 144 of 158
« First < 4494134140141142143144 145146147148154 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Super Bowl Edition)
TLO 08:31 PM 01-24-2021
Second straight Super Bowl win incoming.

Time to send old man Brady out to pasture.
[Reply]
LFG!JPFRMSP 01:30 PM 02-06-2021
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
FYP
FYF
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:31 PM 02-06-2021
Originally Posted by LFG!JPFRMSP:
Lol no dude...relax. I understand that one play means nothing when it comes to tomorrow. Of course not. I was simply talking about the pressure we were able to bring even while not being at full strength. which we are now. Someone responded with “he didn’t throw a pick in the game” which led to that whole back and forth. I’m not making more of it than what it is. Like I mentioned....y’all have a hell of a team...I do think that Mahomes is clearly the best QB in the league with some of the most lethal weapons in the game. With that being said....we have a ton of weapons ourselves, and i think we do have a better defense that happens to be playing some pretty good ball when it matters most. The pass rush WILL BE NASTY.....and has a chance to force some turnovers. That’s all I’m saying. And like I also said...if we lose (we won’t) I’ll be back to congratulate you guys on going back to back (super ****ing impressive) but if we win (we will) please don’t kick me right away....let me chat it up a bit :-)
YAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNN

You have a good defense. It doesn't match up well against a team that doesn't need to run the ball to have some success (The Bucs' real strength).

The Chiefs will engage a variety of tactics to slow down that pass rush.

Mahomes will use his hard counts to slow you down. He drew the Bucs offsides 4-5 times in the first matchup and will be trying to do the same again.

The Chiefs will use motion and jet sweep action/threat (or pop pass, same difference) to force the DEs to maintain their gap.

The Chiefs will run screen action to make pass rushers pay for pushing up field too quickly.

The Chiefs will use sprint outs to EITHER side with Mahomes to neutralize the ability to rush the passer.

The Chiefs will get the ball out quick via short passes and RPO game to release the ball before the rush can get there.

And when all that breaks down, Mahomes is still an incredibly mobile, agile guy who can create space and break contain against single rushers.

This isn't the Packers. The Chiefs don't need to run the ball to make their offense work. They have more than a single receiving threat you really have to worry about.

Your secondary isn't good in zone D and has already shown it can't handle the Chiefs in man. Your safeties and your best coverage LB are all dinged up.

And on the other side of things, people keep not realizing that the Chiefs have an ELITE pass defense. That has IMPROVED since you saw it last, even.

It's great against the deep ball. It features the best rookie corner in the league, who only got 50 percent of snaps against the Bucs the first time around (second game back after breaking his collarbone). He'll play the slot and be dynamite in coverage, and provide safety-level support against the run and be a weapon as a blitzer. It has the best S in football in Tyrann Mathieu, an outstanding centerfield S in Juan Thornhill, and physical outside corners.

Oh, and it has an elite interior pass rusher who is going to be lining up over one of YOUR reserves, and wreaking havoc on your QB, who can't throw on the run or after moving his feet.
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:34 PM 02-06-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
YAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNN

You have a good defense. It doesn't match up well against a team that doesn't need to run the ball to have some success (The Bucs' real strength).

The Chiefs will engage a variety of tactics to slow down that pass rush.

Mahomes will use his hard counts to slow you down. He drew the Bucs offsides 4-5 times in the first matchup and will be trying to do the same again.

The Chiefs will use motion and jet sweep action/threat (or pop pass, same difference) to force the DEs to maintain their gap.

The Chiefs will run screen action to make pass rushers pay for pushing up field too quickly.

The Chiefs will use sprint outs to EITHER side with Mahomes to neutralize the ability to rush the passer.

The Chiefs will get the ball out quick via short passes and RPO game to release the ball before the rush can get there.

And when all that breaks down, Mahomes is still an incredibly mobile, agile guy who can create space and break contain against single rushers.

This isn't the Packers. The Chiefs don't need to run the ball to make their offense work. They have more than a single receiving threat you really have to worry about.

Your secondary isn't good in zone D and has already shown it can't handle the Chiefs in man. Your safeties and your best coverage LB are all dinged up.

And on the other side of things, people keep not realizing that the Chiefs have an ELITE pass defense. That has IMPROVED since you saw it last, even.

It's great against the deep ball. It features the best rookie corner in the league, who only got 50 percent of snaps against the Bucs the first time around (second game back after breaking his collarbone). He'll play the slot and be dynamite in coverage, and provide safety-level support against the run and be a weapon as a blitzer. It has the best S in football in Tyrann Mathieu, an outstanding centerfield S in Juan Thornhill, and physical outside corners.

Oh, and it has an elite interior pass rusher who is going to be lining up over one of YOUR reserves, and wreaking havoc on your QB, who can't throw on the run or after moving his feet.
You seem to be forgetting the Bucs want it more.
[Reply]
scho63 01:35 PM 02-06-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
That said, I don’t see how any replacement LT would be worse than Cam Erving.
That guy was a god-damned turnstyle! :-)
[Reply]
mr. tegu 01:38 PM 02-06-2021
The Bucs are living on borrowed time with the fluke plays. Just like the Bills were. When those don’t happen tomorrow they will get blown out. It’s pretty much that simple for me.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 01:44 PM 02-06-2021
The coverage of this game makes me laugh.

To make the game "seem" competitive they look past the obvious things like record and previous meetings to dig into individual players and plays. It's silly. Tampa won 3 games against teams with winning records this year (including the playoffs). KC won 7. These teams are just on different levels and while KC can certainly have a bad game, the odds are against it.

On pure talent though? The Chiefs are miles ahead of the Bucs.
[Reply]
Kman34 01:45 PM 02-06-2021
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
There's a little place called "the green store" by locals at the corner of Interbay and MacDill. Hands down the best sandwiches in town
Thanks... Going to be in Clearwater this June and was looking for a Cuban place..
[Reply]
Lzen 01:46 PM 02-06-2021
It’s ****ing comical to me that some of you have mentioned how I won’t come back if Tampa loses and eat crow....all the while knowing damn well that when Tampa wins....and I come make ONE post...I’ll instantly be blocked ������
Our mods are cool. As long as you aren't a compete obnoxious douche or somehow break the rules of conduct, I doubt you would be blocked off Tampa were to win.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 01:50 PM 02-06-2021
Originally Posted by Kman34:
Thanks... Going to be in Clearwater this June and was looking for a Cuban place..
Ybor city is basically little Havana. Lots of great places to eat and great nightlife if you're into that
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 01:50 PM 02-06-2021
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Our mods are cool. As long as you aren't a compete obnoxious douche or somehow break the rules of conduct, I doubt you would be blocked off Tampa were to win.
Good thing we don’t have to worry about that happening, huh?
[Reply]
Chief Northman 01:54 PM 02-06-2021
Just a titbit for my fellow Chiefs fans:

LDT was an intermission guest just now on RDS which is the ESPN equivalent in French Canada (Montreal/Ottawa hockey game). They asked him as to who might be the game changer for tomorrow. LDT said he expects the game to be high scoring, but then stated Defense wins championships and did not hesitate to say the Bucs have a nightmare on their hands in dealing with Chris Jones. He said he is the most impactful player outside of the two quarterbacks.

He also gave a shout out to Andrew Wylie saying that he has improved his game a lot over the past season, and is regarded as an unsung hero on that O-line, and he is confident the group can get the job done against the Bucs front.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:05 PM 02-06-2021
Okay, so had to go back and look at this play the troll wants to make a big deal out of.

3rd-and-17, KC on the left hash, 8:07 to go in the 4th.

There was a flag, but it was for offensive holding, about 8:03 left in the 4th. It was not a good decision by Mahomes, but he wasn't spooked into throwing a bad ball by pressure; he pressed the situation and tried to hit Hardman on the right sideline. Looks like he thought he could either thread the needle, or draw a penalty.

Thing is Hill was open near the sticks (open for Hill and Patrick), and Yelder(?) was obviously his outlet on the left. It almost looks like he predetermined he was going to 17. Was this play after he missed Hardman wide open that would've been a 80 yard TD or whatever? Whatever.

Pretty much Patrick doing Patrick things. Won't see a decision like that tomorrow.

On a sidenote, I didn't realize just how many plays Andy/EB ran that were basically "let's see what happens with this" type plays in that game. It looks like Andy/EB kind of called several plays just for fun. Obviously they were probably seeing how some things would work or not in an actual game, and maybe some were just to try and get different people involved in the game. But there were a lot of sandlot plays called in that game.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:25 PM 02-06-2021
Lol no dude...relax. I understand that one play means nothing when it comes to tomorrow. Of course not. I was simply talking about the pressure we were able to bring even while not being at full strength. which we are now. Someone responded with “he didn’t throw a pick in the game” which led to that whole back and forth. I’m not making more of it than what it is. Like I mentioned....y’all have a hell of a team...I do think that Mahomes is clearly the best QB in the league with some of the most lethal weapons in the game. With that being said....we have a ton of weapons ourselves, and i think we do have a better defense that happens to be playing some pretty good ball when it matters most. The pass rush WILL BE NASTY.....and has a chance to force some turnovers. That’s all I’m saying. And like I also said...if we lose (we won’t) I’ll be back to congratulate you guys on going back to back (super ****ing impressive) but if we win (we will) please don’t kick me right away....let me chat it up a bit :-)
Man...I'll tell you what I told the Bills fans. And the Titans fans. And the Ravens fans. And the 49'ers fans.

We don't give a shit about your team. The Bucs literally do not matter. They're just an obstacle. They're in the way between The Chiefs and their ultimate goal. There's nothing The Bucs can do to WIN the game. They can play their best game of the year (and I expect they will) and they'll still lose (and I expect they will).

The opponent DOES.NOT.MATTER.

All that matters is that The Chiefs come out and take care of their business. If they come out and give an A game performance, it will be a blow-out. A B game and you'll lose by 10. A C game and you have a fighting chance.

But what the Bucs do is irrelevant. A Mahomes injury or a poor performance like The Chiefs have not given in nearly two years are your only hope of winning this game.

We don't give a shit about old man Brady. We don't give a shit about your team. The only thing that matters is The Chiefs being focused and giving their best performance. I expect that they will.

And I expect we will not hear from you Bucs fans again, which will be as big a blessing as not hearing from Bills, Titans, Ravens, Patriots, 49'ers fans ever again.
[Reply]
Why Not? 02:33 PM 02-06-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Just a titbit for my fellow Chiefs fans:

LDT was an intermission guest just now on RDS which is the ESPN equivalent in French Canada (Montreal/Ottawa hockey game). They asked him as to who might be the game changer for tomorrow. LDT said he expects the game to be high scoring, but then stated Defense wins championships and did not hesitate to say the Bucs have a nightmare on their hands in dealing with Chris Jones. He said he is the most impactful player outside of the two quarterbacks.

He also gave a shout out to Andrew Wylie saying that he has improved his game a lot over the past season, and is regarded as an unsung hero on that O-line, and he is confident the group can get the job done against the Bucs front.
Thanks! That's a cool tidbit that I doubt we would've heard/read anywhere else.
[Reply]
TribalElder 02:35 PM 02-06-2021

[Reply]
Page 144 of 158
« First < 4494134140141142143144 145146147148154 > Last »
Up