« First < 4393133139140141142143 144145 >
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2009 NCAA Tournament Thread***
Ultra Peanut 07:24 AM 03-19-2009
NCAA MARCH MADNESS ON DEMAND

Show's over, kids.
[Reply]
Hootie 08:57 PM 01-17-2011
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Again, Blake Griffin is a very good player who will be well worth the #1 pick, but because he's dominating 6'7" college PFs does not in any way mean he's going to be a lock for 20 and 10 out of the gate.
o rly/
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:57 PM 01-17-2011
No, you're still a complete idiot. Comparing someone to Tim Duncan and Dwight Howard, two totally different players, is a bullshit "cover all your bases move".

How many pies did you have to sling to make up for that Patriots bet?
[Reply]
Hootie 08:57 PM 01-17-2011
Originally Posted by The Meat Dragon:

And?

Tim Duncan played 4 years at Wake. His Sophomore year he was outproduced by Blake Griffin in Blake's Sophomore year.

Everyone is going to want the #1 pick...no one is going to want the #2 this year. Blake Griffin is the best low post presence (offensively) to enter the draft since Tim Duncan.

So tell me how the comparison is ****ing absurd?

And by the way, despite what everyone wants to say about Duncan being a PF...he's a ****ing Center. He's great, he's awesome...Tim Duncan is a champion. However, the Blake Griffin comparison is TOTALLY warranted...he's a shoo in for ROY next year, and he's a guy you build a team around...just like Duncan, just like Howard.
SMART
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 08:58 PM 01-17-2011
This looks like a classic ass raping....

Should grab some popcorn....
[Reply]
Hootie 08:59 PM 01-17-2011
Now Thabeet...Thabeet is going to be a bust. The dude doesn't play strong, he isn't good offensively, and his defense is overrated. That guy has bust written all over him. Mecca saying he has even a slight chance of going #1 just shows how much Mecca knows about basketball and the NBA draft.
well I raped this thread in the fucking butthole

JFC
[Reply]
Hootie 08:59 PM 01-17-2011
And that's why I didn't want to bring stats into it...

That's why I hate Hansbrough. He has good stats, but he isn't an NBA player.

Blake Griffin is simply a low post force with extremely polished NBA skills that will make him pretty much unguardable on the next level just as he was in college. Plain and simple. The guy has insanely quick moves and is a great finisher.

He'll be 20/10 right away in the NBA. The guy is NBA ready and I have no doubts he's a leader. That's what you build an NBA team around. Ask any NBA GM...and you touched on it earlier...they'd build a team around LeBron and then Duncan...not Paul or Williams, etc...and Blake Griffin is the best low post player to hit the draft since Duncan...

And really, this argument was only about Blake Griffin going #1 overall and Mecca questioning that...in which case I told him he was on crack because there is absolutely no chance in hell any team takes Thabeet over Griffin regardless of who they have playing the PF already.
smart
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:00 PM 01-17-2011
SMART
Their games could not be more dissimilar. You still know nothing.

You should press the Howard comparison. He's Dwight Howard with better inside touch.
[Reply]
Hootie 09:00 PM 01-17-2011
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Also this idea that he's an automatic 20 and 10 is making me laugh, do you know how many guys actually go 20/10?
well 1 for sure...

Blake Griffin
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:00 PM 01-17-2011
well I raped this thread in the fucking butthole

JFC
No one called that.
[Reply]
Hootie 09:03 PM 01-17-2011
No one called that.
you got raped

but not as bad as mecca

props
[Reply]
Hootie 09:04 PM 01-17-2011
P.S. I'd take Blake Griffin over Dwight Howard any day of the week.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:06 PM 01-17-2011
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I question how many games a year Blake Griffin is going to play....
A concussion?

Man, you're really reaching dude. You can go ahead and admit you're wrong at any time...
Hootie, the all-knowing genius, who predicted that Hansbrough would go in the 2nd round in this thread (lottery pick, even if he wasn't worth it) also left us with this gem.

Griffin---missed his entire rookie year due to injury.
[Reply]
Hootie 09:09 PM 01-17-2011
Hootie, the all-knowing genius, who predicted that Hansbrough would go in the 2nd round in this thread (lottery pick, even if he wasn't worth it) also left us with this gem.

Griffin---missed his entire rookie year due to injury.
God forbid I predicted a shitty player like Hansbrough wouldn't be overdrafted because name...

you're really reaching

oh and the Clippers would have STILL taken him #1 overall if you broke his knee before the draft because THIS is how good he is...

dude is a top 10 player in the NBA and he's 21

but you and mecca are so smart
[Reply]
Hootie 09:10 PM 01-17-2011
Hansbrough is worthless and I also called Thabeet a bust when Mecca was touting him as #1 over Griffin...

shit I bet hamas was too

I forget...I was too busy laughing at how stupid both of you were in this thread.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:12 PM 01-17-2011
P.S. I'd take Blake Griffin over Dwight Howard any day of the week.
Eventually, you're probably on the right track, but Griffin is a poor defensive player. Someone with his size and leaping ability shouldn't be blocking half a shot a game and his hands aren't very active at all.

Howard putting up 21.7 and 13.3 rebounds while also giving you 2.3 BPG and 1.2 SPG is a better line than Griffin.

However, Griffin has had only two (and yes, it's really two) years to adjust to the NBA, whereas Howard is probably as good offensively as he's ever going to be.

Both are pretty much the same from the line, and Howard shoots a much better percentage, but he gets almost all his points on putbacks and dunks. If he developed a consistent fadeaway, 15 foot jumper a la, Ewing, or a reliable drop step and hook shot, he'd score 30+.
[Reply]
Page 143 of 145
« First < 4393133139140141142143 144145 >
Up