ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 143 of 293
« First < 4393133139140141142143 144145146147153193243 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2017-2018 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread *****
saphojunkie 11:27 AM 04-06-2017
Fuck the elite 8. Final Four or bust, baby.

Will update as people declare for the draft/transfer/commit

ROSTER:

Spoiler!

UPDATE: Important new dates:

Kansas 2017 Summer Tour - Italy
Spoiler!

NON CON SCHEDULE:

Spoiler!

BIG 12 SCHEDULE:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
BWillie 06:45 PM 02-24-2018
Texas Tech is going to be a big force in the NCAA Tournament, or at least have a chance too.

Quite frankly they've gotten quite unlucky this year in the Big 12. With the loss of Zach Smith, a clear not 100% injured Keenan Evans, and the loss of Gray today. Looks like they will be at full strength by NCAA Tournament time. That team is a bonafide Top 5 team when healthy.

Chris Beard. Man, I like that guy.
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 07:30 PM 02-24-2018
I was never worried.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:41 PM 02-24-2018
Originally Posted by noa:
Classic KU win -- Devonte was just amazing, that kiss off the top of the backboard at the end was just unreal.
In my opinion, that shot was the second biggest shot in Big 12 regular season history.

The biggest to me was Ben McLemore’s banked in 3 to send the home game against Iowa State to OT in 2013. He misses: Iowa State wins, K State wins the conference outright despite getting swept by Kansas, the streak ends.

I can’t think of any other conference title that wouldn’t have happened without 1 big shot like that.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:10 PM 02-24-2018
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
In my opinion, that shot was the second biggest shot in Big 12 regular season history.

The biggest to me was Ben McLemore’s banked in 3 to send the home game against Iowa State to OT in 2013. He misses: Iowa State wins, K State wins the conference outright despite getting swept by Kansas, the streak ends.

I can’t think of any other conference title that wouldn’t have happened without 1 big shot like that.
That shot was at the very beginning of the conference season, though. Didn't have any of the same implications that this one did. The pressure of the conference essentially being on the line was on this game and this shot.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:46 PM 02-24-2018
Great game.

DeVonte is a bad ass motherfuker. Great fucking performance.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:26 PM 02-24-2018
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
That shot was at the very beginning of the conference season, though. Didn't have any of the same implications that this one did. The pressure of the conference essentially being on the line was on this game and this shot.
I see your point, but we were up 2 when Graham hit that shot today. If he misses, we may still win the game. It’s probably still more likely than not that we win. Also, if we would’ve lost we still have a shot at the conference outright. I think Tech loses at WVU.

Ben misses and we lose. That game is done and so is the conference streak.

Both shots were sensational though.
[Reply]
Dunit35 09:39 PM 02-24-2018
I shut off the power to my living room with around two minutes left. A friend was working on my kitchen outlets and I flipped the wrong breaker. There was 20 seconds left by the time directv rebooted itself.

I was pissed.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 11:36 PM 02-24-2018
NCAA President Mark Emmert says its disgusting that student-athletes are being used and exploited. What he meant was its disgusting that someone figured out a way to make money on NCAA property. That money these agents and coaches are making belongs to the NCAA, and we have to fix that.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
BWillie 12:18 AM 02-25-2018
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
NCAA President Mark Emmert says its disgusting that student-athletes are being used and exploited. What he meant was its disgusting that someone figured out a way to make money on NCAA property. That money these agents and coaches are making belongs to the NCAA, and we have to fix that.

Oh yeah, more lets blame the NCAA. The NBA is more to blame than the NCAA. But, all we have to do is just allow them to make money off their own name and likeness...you know like Olympians do.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 12:57 AM 02-25-2018
Congratulations on another championship, but I can't help but think that's an indictment of the conference as a whole as well.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 02:04 AM 02-25-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Oh yeah, more lets blame the NCAA. The NBA is more to blame than the NCAA. But, all we have to do is just allow them to make money off their own name and likeness...you know like Olympians do.
Universities make millions of dollars from football and basketball players. The NCAA literally makes a billion dollars with all the TV deals from football and basketball players. And the athletes get a free piece of paper, and any lifelong lasting injuries they are unlucky enough to suffer. For Mark Emmert to say with a straight face that student-athletes being exploited is not acceptable, is hypocrisy at its highest level.

[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:11 AM 02-25-2018
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Congratulations on another championship, but I can't help but think that's an indictment of the conference as a whole as well.
The Big 12 has been the strongest conference in the country statistically since the streak began, but why let facts get in the way of a troll post?
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:55 AM 02-25-2018
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Universities make millions of dollars from football and basketball players. The NCAA literally makes a billion dollars with all the TV deals from football and basketball players. And the athletes get a free piece of paper, and any lifelong lasting injuries they are unlucky enough to suffer. For Mark Emmert to say with a straight face that student-athletes being exploited is not acceptable, is hypocrisy at its highest level.

The Koch Brothers make incomprehensible money off of me because natural gas is cheap and they can charge whatever they want for NH3 because they’re the only game in town.

Nobody is white knighting for me.

Is it fair? No.

Is there an easy solution? No

Is it the worst thing in the world? No. I would have given my left but to play college ball and be exploited.

Fact of the matter is it is some ridiculous percentage of student athletes that go pro and it’s a bad thing for. The rest of the student athletes it is a great deal that they get all of part of their education paid for.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:10 AM 02-25-2018
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
The Big 12 has been the strongest conference in the country statistically since the streak began, but why let facts get in the way of a troll post?
I dont know about the Big 12 was the strongest every year but you can statically measure the strength of the conference. No matter the statistically measurement you chose, the Big 12 was the strongest conference over the streak. No doubts or maybes. It's a provable fact.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:14 AM 02-25-2018
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:
I was never worried.
Those losses at home to far inferior teams? Getting smoked at home by TT? Doke or Graham getting injured and missing time? No worries?
[Reply]
Page 143 of 293
« First < 4393133139140141142143 144145146147153193243 > Last »
Up