ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 143 of 208
« First < 4393133139140141142143 144145146147153193 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*.* NEW- 2014 General Fitness Thread *.*
penguinz 01:44 PM 08-13-2014
I guess we filled up the old one... http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280149

Welcome to 2014! Now get your ass in top physical condition!

No one else started it so here it is!

**From the 2013 Thread**

If you want to get back into lifting, or need a new lifting routine, START HERE:

http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wi...inner_Programs

If you have questions about the SS programs, look here:

http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ

Keep in mind that you're a novice lifter for a longer period of time than you think you are. Novice lifting can last anywhere from a few months to a year or two, depending on how hard you hit the weights and where you started.

Once you've reached the point where you don't make regular progress on the SS program, you are ready to move on to the intermediate stage, which can last you for a good number of years. Find it HERE:

http://madcow.hostzi.com/5x5_Program/Linear_5x5.htm

If you're a very advanced lifter (many, many years of CONSISTENT weight training), then there are lot of programs out there, and which one you pick is simply a matter of preference. If you're really that advanced, you should know what works for you and what doesn't by this point.
[Reply]
Aspengc8 09:39 AM 09-09-2015
You guys need to post some form videos up here if your getting hurt doing squats and deads. Unless you have a pre-existing injury I'm not sure how you guys are hurting yourself unless there is a kink in your form.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:41 AM 09-09-2015
That's true. No lift quite does it for me like deads.

I can do pretty much any workout without breaking a sweat, but not deads.
[Reply]
KC native 10:58 AM 09-09-2015
Originally Posted by Aspengc8:
You guys need to post some form videos up here if your getting hurt doing squats and deads. Unless you have a pre-existing injury I'm not sure how you guys are hurting yourself unless there is a kink in your form.
My injury is pre-existing. I hurt it golfing when I was really out of shape. Started going to the gym to rehab it and my shoulder. Finally got to a point where neither hurt before that fuckstick rear-ended me.

When I tweaked it on Sunday, I wasn't even into the rep. I had just taken the weight off the rack and was positioning my feet when the pain started (I had already done 3 sets without a problem too).
[Reply]
lewdog 11:24 AM 09-09-2015
Originally Posted by Mike Riley:
I'm all for supporting everyone's goals all I said was dls seem like a back injury waiting to happen. If you haven't noticed there's a select few in this group who attack others when you say something they don't like.
It's because you're wrong. If your form sucks on anything you can injure yourself. Sometimes it's simply an over use injury. Sometimes just being active in and of itself causes injuries. It'd be easier if we all just sat on the couch, but then we'd have other issues.
[Reply]
thabear04 11:38 AM 09-09-2015
Originally Posted by KC native:
My injury is pre-existing. I hurt it golfing when I was really out of shape. Started going to the gym to rehab it and my shoulder. Finally got to a point where neither hurt before that ****stick rear-ended me.

When I tweaked it on Sunday, I wasn't even into the rep. I had just taken the weight off the rack and was positioning my feet when the pain started (I had already done 3 sets without a problem too).
Have you used a deep tissue foam roller to see if that helps out.
[Reply]
KC native 11:40 AM 09-09-2015
Originally Posted by thabear04:
Have you used a deep tissue foam roller to see if that helps out.
Yea, I had to buy a new one because the first one I was using was starting to get soft. I went with a high density foam one. Shit is awesome.

Also, I have a lacrosse ball that I use for knots that the roller won't work out or can't hit.
[Reply]
Saccopoo 12:33 PM 09-09-2015
So, fuck you guys.

I was really making some headway and this bullshit brain hole killed my gym experience for the next couple of months.

Keep tearing the ass out of the weights. I am going to live vicariously through all of your humongous exploits of roided out, rage fuelled max lifts.
[Reply]
thabear04 12:39 PM 09-09-2015
Yea, I had to buy a new one because the first one I was using was starting to get soft. I went with a high density foam one. Shit is awesome.

Also, I have a lacrosse ball that I use for knots that the roller won't work out or can't hit.
I have a beastie ball shit hurts but feel so good.

http://www.roguefitness.com/beastie-balls
[Reply]
penguinz 12:40 PM 09-09-2015
Originally Posted by Aspengc8:
Does two bulging discs from sport injuries at L4-L5 and L5-S1 count as a pre-existing injury that makes deads damn near impossible? :-)
[Reply]
KC native 12:49 PM 09-09-2015
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Does two bulging discs from sport injuries at L4-L5 and L5-S1 count as a pre-existing injury that makes deads damn near impossible? :-)
No.
[Reply]
penguinz 12:51 PM 09-09-2015
No.
:-)
[Reply]
KC native 12:54 PM 09-09-2015
Originally Posted by penguinz:
:-)
Toughen up nancy-boy. Time to do some dead lifts.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 01:09 PM 09-09-2015
Pulled my vagina! Fuck you abductor machine!
[Reply]
Aspengc8 01:19 PM 09-09-2015
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Pulled my vagina! **** you abductor machine!
I love those machines. End every squat/DL day with abductor & adductor machines!
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:40 PM 09-09-2015
I thought I might have an issue with my liver so I've stopped eating anything but fruits and veggies for the past 48 hours. The scale says I've lost 5 pounds. I'm sure some of that is a cleared up digestive tract, water weight, etc.; but damn..
[Reply]
Page 143 of 208
« First < 4393133139140141142143 144145146147153193 > Last »
Up