ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 142 of 208
« First < 4292132138139140141142 143144145146152192 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*.* NEW- 2014 General Fitness Thread *.*
penguinz 01:44 PM 08-13-2014
I guess we filled up the old one... http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280149

Welcome to 2014! Now get your ass in top physical condition!

No one else started it so here it is!

**From the 2013 Thread**

If you want to get back into lifting, or need a new lifting routine, START HERE:

http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wi...inner_Programs

If you have questions about the SS programs, look here:

http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ

Keep in mind that you're a novice lifter for a longer period of time than you think you are. Novice lifting can last anywhere from a few months to a year or two, depending on how hard you hit the weights and where you started.

Once you've reached the point where you don't make regular progress on the SS program, you are ready to move on to the intermediate stage, which can last you for a good number of years. Find it HERE:

http://madcow.hostzi.com/5x5_Program/Linear_5x5.htm

If you're a very advanced lifter (many, many years of CONSISTENT weight training), then there are lot of programs out there, and which one you pick is simply a matter of preference. If you're really that advanced, you should know what works for you and what doesn't by this point.
[Reply]
penguinz 10:33 AM 09-03-2015
Originally Posted by Hog Farmer:
No. You're short !
:-)
[Reply]
Aspengc8 11:12 AM 09-03-2015
Originally Posted by RobBlake:
anyone crazy enough to try The Rock's eating diet?
works great if your on his 'supplement' plan as well.

You guys are spot on though, bodyfat % and the mirror tell most of the story. As long as your lifts are going up, and the waistline isnt, your on the right path.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:14 AM 09-03-2015
I just ate a snickers does that mean macros are euined
[Reply]
RobBlake 04:25 PM 09-03-2015
Originally Posted by Aspengc8:
works great if your on his 'supplement' plan as well.

You guys are spot on though, bodyfat % and the mirror tell most of the story. As long as your lifts are going up, and the waistline isnt, your on the right path.
and to be close too 300 lns of pure muscle... but i'd say having the money to maintain that and thats all he really does besides read a script.. he has a great life
[Reply]
Simply Red 04:46 PM 09-05-2015
guys - beans - beans bud! They're really a nice nice thing. Pintos - Great Northerns.
[Reply]
KC native 03:28 PM 09-08-2015
So, I tried to squat for the 2nd time since my wreck and fucked my back up again.

Was doing bodyweight stuff for my legs and lower back and that went well. Did a super light 3X15 @ 135 workout and had no problems. Tried to work up to 225 on Sunday and it was going good (135,185,205). Got to 225 and took the weight off the rack and pain just shot through my lower back. Doctor told me to not lift for two weeks (fuck that noise) and gave me tylenol #3's.

I'm going to bust my lawyer's balls to get as much as possible from that prick that rear ended me. Pisses me off that I had trained away my injuries for the most part and that fuckstick ruined a year's worth of work.
[Reply]
NewChief 05:23 PM 09-08-2015
Jacked my mid back doing deads today. Nothing debilitating but an injury I haven't had before. Had weight lifted all the way up and was about to return it when I felt something give mid back on the spine. Not bad enough to keep me from finishing workout. I hate getting old.
[Reply]
Silock 08:58 PM 09-08-2015
I feel ya. I sometimes get really bad neck/upper back spasms for no reason at all. I haven't lifted since Friday because of one and I'm STILL sore.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:05 PM 09-08-2015
Fuck deadlifts and squaring seems like a back injury waiting to happen
[Reply]
lewdog 09:09 PM 09-08-2015
Originally Posted by Mike Riley:
Fuck deadlifts and squaring seems like a back injury waiting to happen
And you seem like a pussy.

/the end.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:18 PM 09-08-2015
Originally Posted by lewdog:

/the end.
Enjoy your back injury bruh
[Reply]
lewdog 07:12 AM 09-09-2015
Enjoy being fat and weak brah.
[Reply]
ChiefGator 07:58 AM 09-09-2015

/the end.
Enjoy being fat and weak brah.
Good to see us all coming together and supporting our individual attempts at increasing fitness.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:02 AM 09-09-2015
Originally Posted by ChiefGator:
Good to see us all coming together and supporting our individual attempts at increasing fitness.
I'm all for supporting everyone's goals all I said was dls seem like a back injury waiting to happen. If you haven't noticed there's a select few in this group who attack others when you say something they don't like.
[Reply]
NewChief 08:50 AM 09-09-2015
I'm all for supporting everyone's goals all I said was dls seem like a back injury waiting to happen. If you haven't noticed there's a select few in this group who attack others when you say something they don't like.
DLs can be dangerous, sure. So can squats. That being said, the benefits of both exercises are immense. I'll incorporate DLs into whatever workout routine I'm doing for as long as I'm able. I just don't think there's a substitute for them as far as giving a person a strong, yoked look.

I'm pretty much over my injury today. Had a little tweaking last night. My main issue is that I was sick for like 3 weeks, and I haven't worked out hardly at all. Then I go in and jump right back into DLs like I've been steady training. Dumb.

But yeah, DLs, for me, give me the most Return on my Time Investment than any other exercise. I can go in and DL for 10 minutes and feel like I got a workout in. Of course, I do more after that, but since it's a complex, full body exercise, it really does hit on all cylinders.
[Reply]
Page 142 of 208
« First < 4292132138139140141142 143144145146152192 > Last »
Up