ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 141 of 237
« First < 4191131137138139140141 142143144145151191 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2016/2017 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread *****
saphojunkie 12:22 PM 04-07-2016
Now with 800% more crapshoot!

Roster:

Spoiler!

SCHEDULE

Spoiler!

Notable dates:

Late Night in the Phog
Oct 1 6:30 PM
Allen Fieldhouse
Students enter at 4:30PM, general public at 5:00 PM

Champions Classic:
Nov 15, 2016 - Madison Square Garden. KU vs. Duke

CBE Hall of Fame Classic:
semis & finals at Sprint Center in KC.
Nov 21 - 22 (early games date & time ).

Armed Forces Classic
Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickham, Hawai`i: Nov. 11 (ESPN)
Indiana vs. Kansas
Arizona vs. Michigan State

BIG 12/SEC CHALLENGE
Kansas vs. Kentucky
Rupp Arena, Lexington, KY
Jan 28, 2017

Let's go get Lucky 13. And a damn National Championship.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:30 PM 02-13-2017
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
He did, which reflects pretty poor judgment on his part considering the time and score of the game. Not that that is surprising.

Still think he should play over Bragg.
I was yelling at the TV when he tried to block that last second 3. That is literally the only way you lose at that point, a 3 and a foul. No clue what he was doing.
[Reply]
Jim Raynor 11:39 PM 02-13-2017
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I was yelling at the TV when he tried to block that last second 3. That is literally the only way you lose at that point, a 3 and a foul. No clue what he was doing.
Totally asinine. My remote almost paid the ultimate price. :-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:01 AM 02-14-2017
You can't say it doesn't work for them (they don't have the talent to be any good otherwise), but it's the shittiest thing to watch. Just destroys this sport.
It does but it is fucking assenine. Remember all those shortest games early when we had to listen to Bilas (and I like Bilas) drone on and on about how that is actually a foul and this is what the NCAA is moving to and you just can't touch a guy?

Games like this are why I lost my shit when he was droning on and on about it. What really grinds my fucking gears is when they call ticky tack shit after letting that go. Lucas, who is a very technically sound defender sat significant minutes because of foul trouble. Granted, at least one of those was a decently executed flop job, but in no universe should the guy who is criminally not aggressive in the magins be in foul trouble.

It's just assenine.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:02 AM 02-14-2017
Conversation

Pat Forde‏ @YahooForde

When is a five-second call not a five-second call? When Kansas is inbounding at home.
10:36 PM · Feb 13, 2017
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:06 AM 02-14-2017
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Conversation

Pat Forde‏ @YahooForde

When is a five-second call not a five-second call? When Kansas is inbounding at home.
10:36 PM · Feb 13, 2017
Give him a break. His poor school seemed to undergo a self imposed death penalty.
[Reply]
Dunit35 12:08 AM 02-14-2017
I see Mason played 43/45 minutes. Is everyone else that bad that Self can't find a few extra minutes of rest for him?
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:08 AM 02-14-2017
Watch us go full Harlem Globetrotters on this one

https://mobile.twitter.com/barstoolt...846784/video/1
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:17 AM 02-14-2017
He did, which reflects pretty poor judgment on his part considering the time and score of the game. Not that that is surprising.

Agreed. He could at least bring some energy on the boards. I was lobbying for him when Bragg was out just because if Lucas gets in foul trouble...shit

I have to say though, Lucas' conditioning has to be top notch. He's not a guy you look at and say that dude will give me 40 minutes of energy. But he did. And he was the only one for a lot of the game.

Originally Posted by Dunit35:
I see Mason played 43/45 minutes. Is everyone else that bad that Self can't find a few extra minutes of rest for him?
Jesus god yes. Watch the games. If he takes a seat everything goes directly to fuck. On a lot of plays he doesn't do a lot but maybe pass a few times but everything goes to shit when he's out. It's remarkable.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:21 AM 02-14-2017

Yeah, it's damn heady of Jackson to not move after he fell down (and really dumb of West Virginia to not get in the only passing lane he had). Most everybody would travel there.

After Graham threw the ball behind his back to Bragg, it looked like Bragg was thinking he should try it. I yelled at the TV, "don't do it motherfucker!" I'm sure if authorities were watching I would be committed to mental institution, but he was pumping the ball like he was going to do it.
[Reply]
C3HIEF3S 12:21 AM 02-14-2017

Was standing courtside next to the Guiness World Record official and the db reader. When that shot went down the Fieldhouse hit 129.4 db's without even trying to set any record.

Pregame they had band members with their instruments, and about 20-30 people between interns and spirit squad members at the 8 foot 3 inch mark to create noise. There wasn't anyone within that 8 foot 3 inch mark when that shot went down and they almost got to the record. It was incredible.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:35 AM 02-14-2017
Anybody have the replay online other than watchespn
[Reply]
Lzen 08:55 AM 02-14-2017

Yes, you're probably correct. Still, I notice that Lightfoot is somewhat of a shot blocker. He seems to actually care about playing defense, something that can't be said about Bragg. I realize that he is still a little lost on offense but it would be nice to see him out there over Bragg. Carlton had a good game in his limited minutes at KSU. Since then, he's been a non factor. Last night he sucked. Even Coleby played better.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:59 AM 02-14-2017

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
Dunit35 09:55 AM 02-14-2017
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Yes, you're probably correct. Still, I notice that Lightfoot is somewhat of a shot blocker. He seems to actually care about playing defense, something that can't be said about Bragg. I realize that he is still a little lost on offense but it would be nice to see him out there over Bragg. Carlton had a good game in his limited minutes at KSU. Since then, he's been a non factor. Last night he sucked. Even Coleby played better.
I like watching Lightfoot. Dude tries real hard and usually seems to make at least one play in his limited minutes. All you can ask of him.

Get that guy into the weightroom this offseason.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:56 AM 02-14-2017
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Lightfoot is lost on defense sometimes too, but he hustles and makes plays.

I'm not sure why Coleby doesn't get more minutes. He's a bigger body than Bragg, he's a better rim protector than Bragg, sure he fouls a lot and is limited offensively, but that's not any different than Bragg. Maybe Bragg has a little better mobility, but I'd like to see Coleby out there more.
[Reply]
Page 141 of 237
« First < 4191131137138139140141 142143144145151191 > Last »
Up