ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 141 of 335
« First < 4191131137138139140141 142143144145151191241 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 07:21 AM 05-12-2016
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
wazu 07:34 AM 05-12-2016
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
That's a silly complaint.
Why? Seems like a pretty major fuck-up to me.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:17 AM 05-12-2016
Originally Posted by RustShack:
Something like this.
Samwell Tarly has lost some serious weight
[Reply]
Hawk 10:27 AM 05-12-2016
Originally Posted by wazu:
Why? Seems like a pretty major ****-up to me.
Not really, it's just that there's no way to prevent child actors like Bran and Rickon from growing up between seasons, and you don't want to replace them completely, so people just have to deal with their aging when they watch. It's like Harry Potter kids being in their 20's when the last movie was made. Oh well, what are you going to do, replace them all with new younger actors? No. Whereas babies all look alike so replacing them is easy and can be done to maintain the true story timeline.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:00 AM 05-12-2016
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I need to stay off redditt those guys just pick the show apart. But this did seem inexplainable

Gilly's baby is still a baby but Rikon and Bran have aged 10 years or more.
10 years? No.
[Reply]
wazu 11:59 AM 05-12-2016
Originally Posted by Hawk:
Not really, it's just that there's no way to prevent child actors like Bran and Rickon from growing up between seasons, and you don't want to replace them completely, so people just have to deal with their aging when they watch. It's like Harry Potter kids being in their 20's when the last movie was made. Oh well, what are you going to do, replace them all with new younger actors? No. Whereas babies all look alike so replacing them is easy and can be done to maintain the true story timeline.
They made it work for Harry Potter. Usually there is some consideration for this in production schedules. I don't remember ever having to ignore to this extreme of a degree. Bran is no big deal, but Rickon looks older than Bran now.
[Reply]
wazu 12:00 PM 05-12-2016
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
10 years? No.
For Rickon that sounds about right.
[Reply]
Hawk 12:33 PM 05-12-2016
Came across a theory today about Faceless Men and dragons. It was new to me, so thought I'd share it since it sounds pretty likely to be correct.

1) Euron Greyjoy says he had a dragon egg but "threw it into the sea."
2) A Faceless Man pushed Balon into the sea (true based on prophecy of ghost of high heart in the books).
3) If the cost of the assassination was the dragon egg, then he basically threw the dragon egg (Balon) into the sea by paying the Faceless Men with a dragon egg.

Now, that means the Faceless Men have a dragon egg. Jaqen H'agr (the Alchemist in the prologue to AFFC who kills Pate) is now at the Citadel disguised as Pate as shown when Pate reappears at the end of AFFC after being killed by Jaqen in the prologue. He is part of the group with Marwyn and Alleras in the Sam chapter when Sam arrives at the Citadel.

What is at the Citadel that the Faceless men want? It could be the book known as "Blood and Fire" or "Death of Dragons," which is basically an encyclopedia on everything you'd ever want to know about dragons. This is kept under lock and key, and the Alchemist (Jaqen) now has a key that opens every lock in the Citadel (via Pate). Under this theory, the Faceless Men now have a dragon egg and will get the book that tells them presumably how to hatch a dragon egg and how to train a dragon. This could get really interesting.

Some people believe that Arya, as a Faceless Man, will eventually ride a dragon like her Targaryen heroines, maybe in the final battles against the White Walkers. I don't know about that, but the rest of the above seems likely to be correct. I had never realized that Euron likely gave the Faceless Men a dragon egg, and I had always wondered why Jaqen was there and trying to get the key to every door, so now it makes more sense as to what he's liekly up to.
[Reply]
wazu 01:02 PM 05-12-2016
I just can't get interested in who is going to ride a dragon. Seems kind of dumb that any of them would. Seems if the dragons are so smart and want to help out, then just turn them loose on your enemies and let them do their thing.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:38 PM 05-12-2016
Originally Posted by wazu:
I just can't get interested in who is going to ride a dragon. Seems kind of dumb that any of them would. Seems if the dragons are so smart and want to help out, then just turn them loose on your enemies and let them do their thing.

Agreed. That's a string of theories I've spent exactly zero time thinking about.

Dragons against White Walkers is awesome enough. I don't need to see my favorite characters riding them.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:39 PM 05-12-2016
Originally Posted by Hawk:
Came across a theory today about Faceless Men and dragons. It was new to me, so thought I'd share it since it sounds pretty likely to be correct.

1) Euron Greyjoy says he had a dragon egg but "threw it into the sea."
2) A Faceless Man pushed Balon into the sea (true based on prophecy of ghost of high heart in the books).
3) If the cost of the assassination was the dragon egg, then he basically threw the dragon egg (Balon) into the sea by paying the Faceless Men with a dragon egg.

Now, that means the Faceless Men have a dragon egg. Jaqen H'agr (the Alchemist in the prologue to AFFC who kills Pate) is now at the Citadel disguised as Pate as shown when Pate reappears at the end of AFFC after being killed by Jaqen in the prologue. He is part of the group with Marwyn and Alleras in the Sam chapter when Sam arrives at the Citadel.

What is at the Citadel that the Faceless men want? It could be the book known as "Blood and Fire" or "Death of Dragons," which is basically an encyclopedia on everything you'd ever want to know about dragons. This is kept under lock and key, and the Alchemist (Jaqen) now has a key that opens every lock in the Citadel (via Pate). Under this theory, the Faceless Men now have a dragon egg and will get the book that tells them presumably how to hatch a dragon egg and how to train a dragon. This could get really interesting.

Some people believe that Arya, as a Faceless Man, will eventually ride a dragon like her Targaryen heroines, maybe in the final battles against the White Walkers. I don't know about that, but the rest of the above seems likely to be correct. I had never realized that Euron likely gave the Faceless Men a dragon egg, and I had always wondered why Jaqen was there and trying to get the key to every door, so now it makes more sense as to what he's liekly up to.

I've read the theory of Euron paying for his brother's assassination with a dragon egg, but I wonder what the Faceless Men would want with a dragon? Any ideas?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:58 PM 05-12-2016
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
10 years? No.
I think the showrunners have acknowledge that time is slightly accelerated in the television series.

The book timeline's been 3-4 years from start to finish. I think the television timeline is supposed to be about 6 yrs. Rickon started the series at 6 yrs old (the kid playing him was 10); now he would be 12ish (unfortunately, the kid playing him is 15; puberty is a bitch).

The problem is that you can pass off a 10 yr old as a 6 yr old with his mannerisms and just by writing the character as a kid. It's pretty damn hard, OTOH, to pass off a 15 yr old as a 12 yr old unless that just same late ball dropping for the poor guy.

I just don't see much that could've been done there. Though I'll agree - Baby Sam should not be a baby anymore. Baby Sam should probably be 2-3 yrs old if they wanted to maintain their continuity but they've been a little fast and loose with the timeline on the wall; seemingly grinding it to a halt because it can be done so far removed from the rest of the story.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:01 PM 05-12-2016
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I've read the theory of Euron paying for his brother's assassination with a dragon egg, but I wonder what the Faceless Men would want with a dragon? Any ideas?
It does seem odd that a group of shadow assassins would suddenly be interested in getting their hands on the medieval equivalent of a tactical nuke.

Not exactly staying under the radar there, fellas.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 02:02 PM 05-12-2016
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
To make a super-badass assassin dragon, duh.

"What is a Dragon's name?"
[Reply]
wazu 02:20 PM 05-12-2016
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I think the showrunners have acknowledge that time is slightly accelerated in the television series.

The book timeline's been 3-4 years from start to finish. I think the television timeline is supposed to be about 6 yrs. Rickon started the series at 6 yrs old (the kid playing him was 10); now he would be 12ish (unfortunately, the kid playing him is 15; puberty is a bitch).

The problem is that you can pass off a 10 yr old as a 6 yr old with his mannerisms and just by writing the character as a kid. It's pretty damn hard, OTOH, to pass off a 15 yr old as a 12 yr old unless that just same late ball dropping for the poor guy.

I just don't see much that could've been done there. Though I'll agree - Baby Sam should not be a baby anymore. Baby Sam should probably be 2-3 yrs old if they wanted to maintain their continuity but they've been a little fast and loose with the timeline on the wall; seemingly grinding it to a halt because it can be done so far removed from the rest of the story.
This right here. Just make the baby a toddler and everyone will :-). It's that they made it so impossible to reconcile that is the problem.
[Reply]
Page 141 of 335
« First < 4191131137138139140141 142143144145151191241 > Last »
Up