ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 140 of 366
« First < 4090130136137138139140 141142143144150190240 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Car and Gearhead Thread***
BigRedChief 12:29 PM 03-17-2015
Seems like we need one on here to talk cars, mods and the coolness of your or their car.

Interested? Chime in
[Reply]
SAUTO 04:45 PM 02-22-2016
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
We used Hydroboosts for a long time. We really like them. But then this thing came out a few years ago and we haven't looked back since. Hydroboost works well, but the Electric Brake Master Cylinder gives that rock hard, new car pedal feel and delivers more PSI to your calipers.

You'll need to run a minimum 105 Amp Alternator for it. The manufacture suggests less, but we disagree.

The downside is that it's over twice the cost of the Hydroboost.
i wonder if you could just have another cap built for it.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 04:48 PM 02-22-2016
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
i wonder if you could just have another cap built for it.
It's up to the customer. He hasn't said anything about it. I'm sure we could have it machined, but that's up to the customer as he'd be the one paying for it.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 04:49 PM 02-22-2016
Oh one cool note about that car that some of you might appreciate: The Trunk compartment is being converted into a gun rack for his shotgun. It will be a hidden rack activated with hydraulics. He'll just push a button and the rack will fold out giving him access to the gun.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 07:08 PM 02-22-2016
We used Hydroboosts for a long time. We really like them. But then this thing came out a few years ago and we haven't looked back since. Hydroboost works well, but the Electric Brake Master Cylinder gives that rock hard, new car pedal feel and delivers more PSI to your calipers.

You'll need to run a minimum 105 Amp Alternator for it. The manufacture suggests less, but we disagree.

The downside is that it's over twice the cost of the Hydroboost.
What's the weight of that kind of setup
[Reply]
Squalor2 01:29 AM 02-24-2016
Originally Posted by hometeam:
So I dont know if you guys remember my saga with the shitty design on LS blocks and old style chevy starters, but long story short, they rip themselves out of the block by the mounting point/ear.

Well, mine had ripped itself out a while back, I had the piece welded back on and its been fine for whatever the last 6 months or so.

Wellllllll it finally broke again, and this time, it cracked the block on the other side as well, meaning im out a block. Fortunately, the car only ran for about 5 seconds like that, so im thinking that my crank and stuff is salvageable.

We are going to tear into the car on Sunday, and at the moment the plan is to reuse everything on the car but replace it with a 6.0 iron block, and forged rods and pistons, new bearings etc. I currently have 243 heads worked over pretty good and down to 59cc so that should get me somewhere around 11:1 compression on 4.005 bore, but im thinking about going to 4.030 bore to make a nice, reliable, monster 370ci LQ motor that should work well with my current heads and cam.

hoping to make something like 450 rwhp and 450 rwtq, up about 50/70 from the ls motor, and really ready for some boost with a set of 317 heads later down the road.

wtf? not possible. your maths are shit.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 12:47 PM 02-26-2016
Originally Posted by MIAdragon:
What's the weight of that kind of setup
Not much. It's a 3 pc kit, a 9" polished Master that sits on the firewall and a small pump and acuumulator that can be mounted anywhere else in the car, as long as they're below the master.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 12:50 PM 02-26-2016
Anyway, im selling a '69 Firebird project car for a friend. Comes with a 350, auto trans. Original AC car, disc brakes. Interior on it is still soft and pliable. It's been in storage since '96. It is in fact a project car though, not a runner. Asking $8500. Will throw in a '01 Camaro parts car with a LS1/T56 for an additional $2k. If anyone is interested PM me.
[Reply]
hometeam 10:00 PM 03-05-2016
Originally Posted by Squalor2:
wtf? not possible. your maths are shit.
whats not possible? The compression? Or the HP im looking for?

And, as we tear into the motor more, there is lots more info now.

What we actually found was it was NOT the weld like we thought, but that headgasket failed, got water into cylinder #6 and hydrolocked on startup, this caused rod to go through the block, put a couple of dings in the cam etc. Stock crank is fine and of course all of my other stuff is reusable.. FAST intake manifold and TB, intake, injectors, etc etc etc

Heads are going to machine shop sunday to be tested and cleaned up, MAYBE bent a valve but not sure yet.

now leaning more towards a forged stock CI 6.0 motor, going to use my heads over, going bigger cam, lots of options, lots of compression options, trying to keep the build under 3000 now.. shit is expensive.
[Reply]
SAUTO 10:17 PM 03-05-2016
Originally Posted by hometeam:
whats not possible? The compression? Or the HP im looking for?

And, as we tear into the motor more, there is lots more info now.

What we actually found was it was NOT the weld like we thought, but that headgasket failed, got water into cylinder #6 and hydrolocked on startup, this caused rod to go through the block, put a couple of dings in the cam etc. Stock crank is fine and of course all of my other stuff is reusable.. FAST intake manifold and TB, intake, injectors, etc etc etc

Heads are going to machine shop sunday to be tested and cleaned up, MAYBE bent a valve but not sure yet.

now leaning more towards a forged stock CI 6.0 motor, going to use my heads over, going bigger cam, lots of options, lots of compression options, trying to keep the build under 3000 now.. shit is expensive.
Yeah you should hit more than 400.

Hell a stock 6.2 in a new truck is 420 I think.
[Reply]
SAUTO 10:19 PM 03-05-2016
And cathedral or square heads?
[Reply]
hometeam 10:47 PM 03-05-2016
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
And cathedral or square heads?
They are 243 heads, patriot stage 2, 59cc, cathedral heads. ported and polished, 650 lift springs, titanium retainers etc

I also have all of the supporting mods that I think should push me into that range... long tubes with ORY/no cats, 44lb injectors, FAST 92mm TB and intake manifold, volant CAI, chromoly pushrods, lightened monster flywheel, on 3.42s

almost certainly going to stick with forged stock cubes 6.0, and since my cam is nicked up, im gonna go bigger. I will pick up some horsepower from going up to the 6.0, as well as from the cam.

Leaning towards taking the easy way out, which it to buy my buddies completed forged block, that he just put together, but it has dished pistons and I will end up with right at 10.0 compression, which is lower than what I had, but leaves me some room in the future for boost, even with the 243 heads.

my guy that does all my tuning, welded my block, and doing this build for me also just put a dyno in his shop a few weeks ago, so this thing will definitely get its chance to see whats its making~ MUSTANG dyno but fuck it my body is ready~
[Reply]
Marcellus 06:22 PM 03-06-2016

Installed Eddie Motorsports billet hood hinges this weekend. They are satin black powder coated to match the engine compartment. I purchased the trunk hinges about 6 weeks ago and liked them enough I bought the hood hinges. (needed hinges anyway due to the pins being worn)

Hard to tell in the pic because of the sea of black but they look awesome, great piece of engineering.

I have about $1100 in the trunk and hood hinges. :-) The things guys will do for their cars.

I still have some other hardware to change out in the engine compartment to match the stainless button head stuff everywhere.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 06:23 PM 03-06-2016
Anyway, im selling a '69 Firebird project car for a friend. Comes with a 350, auto trans. Original AC car, disc brakes. Interior on it is still soft and pliable. It's been in storage since '96. It is in fact a project car though, not a runner. Asking $8500. Will throw in a '01 Camaro parts car with a LS1/T56 for an additional $2k. If anyone is interested PM me.
If you were closer I'd buy that ls1/t56 in a heartbeat
[Reply]
Indian Chief 09:58 PM 03-06-2016
Originally Posted by Marcellus:

Installed Eddie Motorsports billet hood hinges this weekend. They are satin black powder coated to match the engine compartment. I purchased the trunk hinges about 6 weeks ago and liked them enough I bought the hood hinges. (needed hinges anyway due to the pins being worn)

Hard to tell in the pic because of the sea of black but they look awesome, great piece of engineering.

I have about $1100 in the trunk and hood hinges. :-) The things guys will do for their cars.

I still have some other hardware to change out in the engine compartment to match the stainless button head stuff everywhere.
They look awesome man. Kudos.

I saw these and fell in love, but I can't bring myself to spend so much on hood struts.

[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:05 PM 03-06-2016
Originally Posted by Marcellus:

Those look great.:-)
[Reply]
Page 140 of 366
« First < 4090130136137138139140 141142143144150190240 > Last »
Up