ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 25
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Alex Smith being shopped around?
wutamess 07:47 AM 08-18-2017
I was listening to 610 on the radio this morning and they were gushing over PMII. They were mentioning that the Chiefs were possibly entertaining AS to Jacksonville because of their confidence in PHII. They said there were trade rumors yesterday regarding this situation so I thought I'd come on here and find something but... NOTHING!

You guys heard anything?
link if so?

They also played a Mike Vick interview of him talking about PMII and Vick spoke highly of him as well. I think the interview clip was of Vick on the Cowherd show.
[Reply]
rico 04:31 PM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by notorious:
I can't recall a single compliment coming from them towards another player.

While we talk about other subjects and players, they gravitate towards one, and it's obvious why.
And when they do compliment one, it feels forced... like they are forcing themselves to compliment another player just so they can prove to the board that they are capable of it.
[Reply]
rico 04:34 PM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by OldSchool:
I think the trade rumors are more to light a fire under Bortles' ass more than anything right now.
I can see that being the case. Or maybe Marrone/Coughlin want to make a push to bring his own guy in.
[Reply]
Eleazar 04:34 PM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
B. Points

Alex 'All I Do Is Win' Smith and our offense have done their job in that sense for the majority of the games he has been here yet you Alex 'All I Do Is Win' Smith haters still complain so what do you care anyway?

Regardless our D needs to get better. If you disagree then you are blind in your Smitty hatred.
You can't have it both ways. You can't blast Alex Smith for having mediocre stats while he's still winning games, and then defend the defense and their mediocre stats while saying "a W is a W"

A consistent position would be "neither one is currently good enough to make a deep playoff run", as evidenced by four consecutive years of not making any playoff runs with basically the same personnel.

Or a consistent position would be the True Fan position, where everything is sunshine and lollipops and the 2017 Chiefs are Super Bowl contenders.

The one thing you can't logically, honestly be is someone who runs down Smith while not holding the defense to the same standard.
[Reply]
OldSchool 04:37 PM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by rico:
I can see that being the case. Or maybe Marrone wants to make a push to bring his own guy in.
I watched the clip of his play against the Bucs and, as much as I don't really like Bortles as a prospect, it's not all his fault. His TE can't catch and at least 1 of his OL players were getting beat off the first move on every other throw.

Shit environment for a young QB to try to grow in outside of the young WRs that they have.
[Reply]
HemiEd 04:37 PM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Be nice. Get a high pick from a team like the Jags who would still suck with ASS at the helm and build for a SB run with PM. We ain't winning shit this year so I'd trade in a heart beat for a 1st. I believe ASS is under contract for more than 1 year we are just dumping his sorry ass after this season.

DO IT ANDY!
I get the impression you are not a big Alex Smith fan.
[Reply]
rico 04:41 PM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by OldSchool:
I watched the clip of his play against the Bucs and, as much as I don't really like Bortles as a prospect, it's not all his fault. His TE can't catch and at least 1 of his OL players were getting beat off the first move on every other throw.

Shit environment for a young QB to try to grow in outside of the young WRs that they have.
I didn't realize until this post that Jax no longer has Julius Thomas.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 04:43 PM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by Cochise:
You can't have it both ways. You can't blast Alex Smith for having mediocre stats while he's still winning games, and then defend the defense and their mediocre stats while saying "a W is a W"

A consistent position would be "neither one is currently good enough to make a deep playoff run", as evidenced by four consecutive years of not making any playoff runs with basically the same personnel.

Or a consistent position would be the True Fan position, where everything is sunshine and lollipops and the 2017 Chiefs are Super Bowl contenders.

The one thing you can't logically, honestly be is someone who runs down Smith while not holding the defense to the same standard.
I'm not tearing down our defense. All I said is they were good, not great last season and I get crucified for it.

Makes sense since most posters on CP are Mahomesexuals who hate Alex 'All I Do Is Win' Smith with a passion. All they care about is their QB putting up good ff numbers. They don't care whether he wins or not. Pathetic.
[Reply]
rico 04:50 PM 08-18-2017
I'm not tearing down our defense. All I said is they were good, not great last season and I get crucified for it.

Makes sense since most posters on CP are Mahomesexuals who hate Alex 'All I Do Is Win' Smith with a passion. All they care about is their QB putting up good ff numbers. They don't care whether he wins or not. Pathetic.
With an exception of QB's who are dependent on garbage time stats for FF, most QB's who score a lot of FF points are also good at putting points on the board for their team. And points win games. You Alex-only choads act like it's a bad thing when QB's are able to score points in fantasy football...it's not a bad thing, you stupid bitch.

And don't try to claim that you weren't tearing down the defense when it was clear that you most certainly were trying to, squirrel tits.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 05:02 PM 08-18-2017
B. Points

Alex 'All I Do Is Win' Smith and our offense have done their job in that sense for the majority of the games he has been here yet you Alex 'All I Do Is Win' Smith haters still complain so what do you care anyway?

Regardless our D needs to get better. If you disagree then you are blind in your Smitty hatred.
Sorry, I'm breaking my own rule here but...

Alex and the offense isn't doing its job when the team loses 5 games last season, and in 4 of them the defense gave up 19 or fewer points.

You just suck at this.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 05:06 PM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by Shekelsteinberg:
I hope so, I can't wait to come back here when the team nosedives back into irrelevancy when he's gone and Mahomes is a bust so I can rub it in the faces of the outspoken dipshits on this cancer board.

And you can be sure that I will BigDaddyPussy.

So you're rooting for the chiefs to lose, after Alex smith leaves?

Awesome.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 05:11 PM 08-18-2017
B. Points

No. They have not done their job. The offense has been terrible at times. I'm not blind watched every game. I dont 'hate Alex Smith the man....but I do hate the fact he is a chief. I still root for him to win, and I don't bash the guy. He is what he is...there are positives and negatives. It's almost time to move on. 16 more games, tops.
[Reply]
rico 05:13 PM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
So you're rooting for the chiefs to lose, after Alex smith leaves?

Awesome.
Those types should be banned and flushed down the toilet. No need bickering with them once Alex is gone.
[Reply]
thegame214 05:14 PM 08-18-2017

You originally didn't say they were good, you said they were nothing special. Don't backtrack Mrs. Smith.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 05:24 PM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
No. They have not done their job. The offense has been terrible at times. I'm not blind watched every game. I dont 'hate Alex Smith the man....but I do hate the fact he is a chief. I still root for him to win, and I don't bash the guy. He is what he is...there are positives and negatives. It's almost time to move on. 16 more games, tops.
I watched every game too. They have been solid. They at least don't turn the ball over a lot. Product of our coaching and Smitty.

That style may not be exciting but it always gives us a chance to win which is the object of the game. Something a lot of you idiots seem to have forgotten.
[Reply]
rico 05:30 PM 08-18-2017
I watched every game too. They have been solid. They at least don't turn the ball over a lot. Product of our coaching and Smitty.

That style may not be exciting but it always gives us a chance to win which is the object of the game. Something a lot of you idiots seem to have forgotten.
So that's the object of the game eh? Just go out and don't turn the ball over...doesn't matter if you score points or not, the main objective is to not turn the ball over. You Alex-only fans are a weird breed.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 25
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Up