ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 17
« First < 41011121314 151617 >
Media Center>Fox: The X-Files
keg in kc 05:07 PM 01-17-2015
Seem like I'm about 23 years behind on this one?

(Jesus, 23 years?!)

Apparently not. Fox is in talks with Chris Carter to bring it back, including having David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson reprise Scully and Mulder. Nothing creative yet, just seeing how schedules line up, but still...

Also having (unrelated of course) talks about bringing back Prison Break and running a Kiefer-free version of 24 (not sure how that would work; he was that snow).
[Reply]
notorious 11:19 PM 02-16-2016
Oh, Mulder going on a trip was awesome,and the music mixed in with the ending was great.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:00 PM 02-17-2016
Last episode was a big wtf...this season has had maybe 2 good eps so far that felt X-Filesish.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 10:52 AM 02-18-2016
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Last episode was a big wtf...this season has had maybe 2 good eps so far that felt X-Filesish.
Both the Chris Carter-penned (and directed) episodes were by far the worst, IMO. He's George Lucasing his own franchise.

Step back and let Wong and the Morgans do the heavy lifting.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:51 AM 02-19-2016
Placebo my ass, lol
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 12:51 PM 02-19-2016
First episode had me falling asleep during it. Is it worth catching the rest of the season?
[Reply]
Bowser 12:57 PM 02-19-2016
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
First episode had me falling asleep during it. Is it worth catching the rest of the season?
Not all of the episodes are home runs, but I've enjoyed it all well enough. Maybe that's just the nostalgia talking, though.
[Reply]
notorious 01:24 PM 02-19-2016
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Placebo my ass, lol
:-)

I wish I knew how to make gifs. Mulder banging the diamond knucks would be awesome.

[Reply]
Chieficus 03:13 PM 02-19-2016
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
First episode was better in the second viewing for me... Not great, but better. Of the other 4, I'd rank them:

Ep 4, awesome
Ep 5, good and fun
Ep 3, good, really weird and had me worried until the reveal and then I cracked up the rest of the way through
Ep 2, not terrible, not great, kinda forgettable
[Reply]
Mennonite 04:01 PM 02-19-2016
[Reply]
keg in kc 06:49 PM 02-19-2016

[Reply]
notorious 12:23 AM 02-20-2016
YES.

http://screenrant.com/x-files-reviva...more-episodes/

The X-Files: FOX Interested in Continuing Series Beyond the Revival

When the new six-episode limited series of The X-Files was announced last year, some fans were skeptical. It had been 14 years since the show was on and even longer since the series was considered to have been in its prime. Creator Chris Carter struggled to find another successful series since his big hit went off the air, and longtime writer Vince Gilligan — now one of TV’s top showrunners — wasn’t going to be involved.

But now, with one episode to go, the show has been a clear ratings success. And while nothing is official, it doesn’t appear X-Philes will have to wait nearly as long for their favorite special agents to return.

According to a report from Variety, FOX’s entertainment president is interested in producing more episodes of the series, although official discussions have not yet begun with cast members. Indeed, all promotion for the last of the six episodes has referred to the episode as a season finale, indicating that we haven’t yet reached the end of the show just yet:

“We said before it aired that we would love to do more, and we are over the moon with the performance. So far, the response has been really encouraging. We haven’t talked to the talent yet about Season 2 in any more definitive way than we had prior to airing the show, but certainly, it seems like there’s an audience responding to the show that would love to see more episodes.”

Variety also quoted “insiders” as stating that the network is interested in moving forward, and that the only challenge is lining up the schedules of creator Chris Carter and stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson.

Keeping The X-Files going makes a certain amount of sense. It’s been a huge ratings success, with 50 million viewers worldwide watching the premiere and ratings holding strong for the next few weeks. It’s clear that the show’s core fans from the ‘90s have returned, along with younger viewers who have caught up on the show through Netflix, which streams all nine of the previous seasons. Besides, we’ve known for awhile that the limited series will end on a cliffhanger, and Duchovny said an interview last year that the limited series was not the end.

Sure, critical reaction to the revived series has been somewhat mixed, even varying wildly from episode to episode. The premiere earned a lukewarm reception from critics, both for clunky dialogue and thin characterizations. But on the other hand, the third episode — ‘Mulder & Scully Meet the Were-Monster‘ — was almost universally praised for capturing the quirky energy of the original series, especially the installments that came from that episode’s writer, Darin Morgan.

Is there any reason to doubt The X-Files will be back? Well, the last big FOX series revival was 24, and despite various plans, that was one-and-done in its original form (although a Bauer-less spinoff is on the way).
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 01:48 PM 02-20-2016
Originally Posted by Chieficus:
First episode was better in the second viewing for me... Not great, but better. Of the other 4, I'd rank them:

Ep 4, awesome
Ep 5, good and fun
Ep 3, good, really weird and had me worried until the reveal and then I cracked up the rest of the way through
Ep 2, not terrible, not great, kinda forgettable
I think you got this right.

I have been critical, but to be clear, I'm glad they brought it back. As long as they don't massacre the first six seasons mythology with what they hinted at in the first episode this year. I think they have done more justice to the original series than the last movie, that's for sure.
[Reply]
Mennonite 03:32 PM 02-20-2016
Random question - what was up with the garbage truck hauling Trash Man around?
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:10 PM 02-20-2016
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
Random question - what was up with the garbage truck hauling Trash Man around?
No idea...he just disappeared...I liked that episode
[Reply]
Mennonite 09:21 PM 02-20-2016
That's what I mean - if he could disappear and reappear at will, why would he need a garbage truck? And who was driving that thing anyway?
[Reply]
Page 14 of 17
« First < 41011121314 151617 >
Up