ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 18
« First < 41011121314 15161718 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Lucas Niang opts out...
JakeF 02:26 PM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The Chiefs were Bottom 5 in sacks allowed.

Sometimes, shit just happens.
Because Mahomes was a freaking super hero. The chance of him being able to do that again are not good. Defenses will adjust and bad luck just happens. It sucks that we lost 2 guys at the same position, which was one of our weakest.

Only OT would have been a worse opt-out than OG.

Niang has a lot of guts to opt-out right after he got drafted.

Just tired of having a shitty OL interior. :-)
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:39 PM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Because Mahomes was a freaking super hero. The chance of him being able to do that again are not good. Defenses will adjust and bad luck just happens. It sucks that we lost 2 guys at the same position, which was one of our weakest.

Defenses will adjust? :-)
[Reply]
RunKC 02:39 PM 08-07-2020

The interior wasn’t bad though and Wylie, Reiter and Osemele doesn’t seem bad either, especially with Rankin and Remmers as depth.

I know this is a big surprise to you but not every position can be all-pro’s.
[Reply]
Cosmos 02:42 PM 08-07-2020

Truth...Mahomes makes this OL look SOOOO much better than it is. He is the anti-Elvis Grbac. His pocket awareness and escapability is hall of fame level.

Look at our running stats, and see how poor our G/C are.

Was hoping Niang was going to be an upgrade by mid season.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:38 AM 08-08-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The Chiefs were Bottom 5 in sacks allowed.

Sometimes, shit just happens.
It’s like people haven’t actually discovered than football in 2020 is different than the days of Martyball.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:36 PM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Yikes I really hate the Reiter Wylie pairing it seemed to get Mahomes injured atleast 3 times last year.

Cam Erving caused most of the injuries.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:13 AM 08-07-2020
We didn't pay starting G money for Wisniewski, which was absolutely the right move. We'll likely see a downgrade at LG from where we were at in the playoffs.

But HUGE hit to our OL depth? Incoming catastrophe? A line made up of nothing but Cameron Ervings and Mike McGlynns? No. Not at all. For the most part, we're largely unchanged, and if we hit on any of these guards, we're just as good if not better than where we were last year.

We'll be fine.
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 11:07 AM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
We didn't pay starting G money for Wisniewski, which was absolutely the right move. We'll likely see a downgrade at LG from where we were at in the playoffs.

But HUGE hit to our OL depth? Incoming catastrophe? A line made up of nothing but Cameron Ervings and Mike McGlynns? No. Not at all. For the most part, we're largely unchanged, and if we hit on any of these guards, we're just as good if not better than where we were last year.

We'll be fine.
I don't think you quite understand what the modus operandi is around here, n00b.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 11:01 AM 08-07-2020
Is Niang the only rookie to opt out?
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:20 AM 08-07-2020
As long as Schwartz and Fisher stay healthy, the Chiefs will be fine.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:13 PM 08-07-2020
So the final opt out number is...69...

That seems purposeful..
[Reply]
staylor26 03:29 PM 08-07-2020
I’m calling it now, Gay’s going to start. Just watch.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:35 PM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
He should, the competition is minimal, I wouldn't be stunned if O'Daniel got the ax.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:39 PM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I'd say by week 4, no question.

Little more hesitant to say that over the first couple of weeks. But they may just toss his ass in the deep end, tell Pat to score a lot if he has to and go from there...
[Reply]
JakeF 05:31 PM 08-07-2020
I don't the Chiefs have much choice but to start Gay sooner rather than later. We need more speed and athletic ability in our LB corp.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 18
« First < 41011121314 15161718 >
Up