ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 139 of 176
« First < 3989129135136137138139 140141142143149 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2018 Royals Offseason Repository ***
duncan_idaho 08:24 PM 11-17-2017
It's the end of the world as we know it... and we feel... fine?

2018 is a season of transition for the Royals, or at least it is at this point. Dayton Moore is back. Will he swing full into THE PROCESS 2.0? Or will he try to load up again and make some reload magic happen?

Pending Free Agents:
1B | Eric Hosmer | San Diego Padres, 8 years, $144 million ($5 million signing bonus; $20 million/year in Yrs 1-5; $13 million/year in Yrs 6-8 wth player opt out)
Spoiler!

3B | Mike Moustaskas | Kansas City Royas, 1, $6.5 million
Spoiler!

CF | Lorenzo Cain | Milwaukee Brewers, 5 years, $80 million
Spoiler!

RP | Mike Minor | Texas Rangers, 3, $28 million
Spoiler!

SP | Jason Vargas | New York Mets, 2, $16 million
Spoiler!

SS | Alcides Escobar | Kansas City Royals, 1, $2.5 million
Spoiler!

2018 MLB Draft Picks
#33 - Compensation (Eric Hosmer)
#34 - Compensation (Lorenzo Cain)
#40 (Competitive Balance Round A)

Comp picks explanation:
Spoiler!

2018 Draft Names to Watch

RHP Kumar Rocker, N Oconnee HS, Georgia.
Spoiler!

OF Jarred Kelenic, Waukasha West HS, WI
Spoiler!

1B Triston Casas, American Heritage HS (FL).
Spoiler!

RHP Carter Stewart, Eau de Gallie HS (Ga).
Spoiler!

ANY Any, Any (Any). Any current top projected pick who slides for injury concerns. Includes current top prospect prospect SP Brady Singer, U of Florida.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:09 PM 03-08-2018
I am giddy on this, really. I love Moose. Can’t wait to wear my Moose sweater again.

But the goal of this season was to finally give Cutty, Soler and Dozier 500 AB’s. That’s gone. That’s okay, I suppose. But if we’re sacrificing the development of talented players for another 500 season I’m not sure how I feel about it.
[Reply]
Why Not? 09:10 PM 03-08-2018
Originally Posted by Strongside:
Cuthbert isn’t a long-term piece. He just isn’t.
Royals fans love finding a guy to rally around who “just isn’t being given a fair chance”. See Giavotella, J or Colon, C. Inevitably when these guys leave KC, they flop miserably. Not sure Cuthbert is anything more than an at best, rich man’s version of those guys.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:10 PM 03-08-2018
Yeah, and Zimmer was the next big thing. You just never know with young guys. I’m willing to bet money that Ches is never any better than a bench guy, though.
Injuries are a different deal, I think.

Healthy guys, in the end, can only prove themselves through routine big league at bats/pitches. There’s no other way to substitute it.

Alex Gordon is a bust -2009
Eric Hosmer is a bust - 2012
Mike Moustakas is a bust - 2012-2014
Luke Hochevar is a bust 2008-2012
Danny Duffy is a bust 2015
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:12 PM 03-08-2018
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Royals fans love finding a guy to rally around who “just isn’t being given a fair chance”. See Giavotella, J or Colon, C. Inevitably when these guys leave KC, they flop miserably. Not sure Cuthbert is anything more than an at best, rich man’s version of those guys.
He may turn out to be just that - but I don’t know, he ain’t Orlando. Cuthbert showed more in the first half of 2016 than anyone of the players you’re referencing.

Anywho, i’ll quit being a downer now. Yay, Moose!!!

(If we hadn’t signed Duda, I’d have been 130% behind this signing).
[Reply]
Strongside 09:12 PM 03-08-2018
Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan:
I don't agree with this. But I Do agree that they have soured on him a bit. At the least, hopefully this is a wakeup call to Cheslor. He needs to work his ass off to be the starting 3B of a major league team. Too many mental mistakes at the hot corner so far during ST.
I mean what’s the guy ever done to make you stop and say, “this kid is a major league contributor on a daily basis”? I just haven’t seen it. At least Hos and Moose showed flashes. Cuthbert has been inconsistent and mediocre at best.
[Reply]
Three7s 09:15 PM 03-08-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
He may turn out to be just that - but I don’t know, he ain’t Orlando. Cuthbert showed more in the first half of 2016 than anyone of the players you’re referencing.

Anywho, i’ll quit being a downer now. Yay, Moose!!!

(If we hadn’t signed Duda, I’d have been 130% behind this signing).
Why do we like Duda again? I've seen plenty of his type and it usually doesn't turn out well for us.
[Reply]
Strongside 09:16 PM 03-08-2018
Originally Posted by Three7s:
Why do we like Duda again? I've seen plenty of his type and it usually doesn't turn out well for us.
With Duda, we traded one first baseman who won us the WS, for the other first baseman who won us the WS.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 09:17 PM 03-08-2018
Soler is probably the only prospect in the system you have to give ML at bats to.

Beyond that, I don't get the handwringing about signing Moose and Duda. Mondesi is definitely not ready for the show. I'd guess same is said for Dozier, and is Cuthbert seriously considered as a potential long term starter for any major league team beyond the Reds?
[Reply]
Jerok 09:19 PM 03-08-2018
Royals are 50 to 1 to win the Central, wonder if this changes things
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 09:19 PM 03-08-2018
I mean what’s the guy ever done to make you stop and say, “this kid is a major league contributor on a daily basis”? I just haven’t seen it. At least Hos and Moose showed flashes. Cuthbert has been inconsistent and mediocre at best.
That's not actually true. Cheslor has always played each level of the minor leagues as one of the youngest on the team. And he was one of our bright spots in the 2016 lineup when Moose was hurt. Furthermore, he has usually struggled at first at each level in the minor leagues, but then realizes his talent by the following season. That's been his pattern. He's still way too young to say what he'll do at the major league level. He just turned 25 this off-season! He can still get at-bats. They'll need to be creative. But if you can sign Moose at 6.5, you do it. Even for the chance they can flip him for something at the deadline or when a team loses their starting 3B. Makes too much sense at that price.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 09:21 PM 03-08-2018
Originally Posted by Jerok:
Royals are 50 to 1 to win the Central, wonder if this changes things
I think that's what they went off at in 2016.
[Reply]
Great Expectations 09:22 PM 03-08-2018
This is great ****ing news. What an ovation that guy’s going to get in his first home AB.
I’m looking forward to it
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:23 PM 03-08-2018
Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan:
That's not actually true. Cheslor has always played each level of the minor leagues as one of the youngest on the team. And he was one of our bright spots in the 2016 lineup when Moose was hurt. Furthermore, he has usually struggled at first at each level in the minor leagues, but then realizes his talent by the following season. That's been his pattern. He's still way too young to say what he'll do at the major league level. He just turned 25 this off-season! He can still get at-bats. They'll need to be creative. But if you can sign Moose at 6.5, you do it. Even for the chance they can flip him for something at the deadline or when a team loses their starting 3B. Makes too much sense at that price.
You summed up everything I said more succinctly and in a better fashion than I did. Kudos.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:23 PM 03-08-2018
If Moose has another year like last year and stays healthy we could probably flip him for a decent prospect
[Reply]
baitism 09:26 PM 03-08-2018
I like Cheslor, but he feels like Christian Colon v2.0
[Reply]
Page 139 of 176
« First < 3989129135136137138139 140141142143149 > Last »
Up