ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What Lever You Flippin??
Yes 16 14.16%
No 16 14.16%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote Yes 59 52.21%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote No 22 19.47%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll
Page 139 of 141
« First < 3989129135136137138139 140141 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Stadium Watch 2024 -Jackson County Residents: How Are You Voting?
Pablo 08:28 AM 03-28-2024
Vote in this poll if you actually live in Jackson county.

We've all shared our opinions in the other thread. But who gives a shit what somebody in Platte County or Johnson County or Phoenix or NYC thinks. We're all just noise.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:01 AM 06-21-2024
Originally Posted by Pablo:
East Village still makes the most sense. I don’t know that you can street car and bus and walk and blah blah blah enough to offset the ingress/egress issues that spot in the west bottoms would have. You’re boxed in by bluffs and a river with 670 as your only real heavy traffic route

A ferry service from some sort of parking lot would actually be pretty cool I’d think.
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:11 AM 06-21-2024
Was it ever disclosed or speculated why they moved off of the East Village location?

Seemed like the no brainer site from the beginning
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:18 AM 06-21-2024
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Was it ever disclosed or speculated why they moved off of the East Village location?

The douchebag polticos wanted Crossroads.
[Reply]
Pablo 09:20 AM 06-21-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
The douchebag polticos wanted Crossroads.
Yup. I’m sure Mayor Queer and the Jackson county legislature comprised of a bunch of useless fucks wanted a crown jewel for the city and thought they had the leverage to push it through
[Reply]
Pablo 09:21 AM 06-21-2024
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
A ferry service from some sort of parking lot would actually be pretty cool I’d think.
I like that idea quite a bit. I guess I forget you have access from Chavez Blvd on the lower west side as well. Gonna be a party bridge up river as well. It’s not an impossible concept just much more difficult than east village in many ways
[Reply]
Katipan 09:23 AM 06-21-2024
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Coors does this. 25 blocks of parking serviced by constantly running free shuttles. You never wait more than 5-10 mins.

Just not ferries.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:32 AM 06-21-2024
Originally Posted by Pablo:
I like that idea quite a bit. I guess I forget you have access from Chavez Blvd on the lower west side as well. Gonna be a party bridge up river as well. It’s not an impossible concept just much more difficult than east village in many ways

Probably not as quick and efficient as a high quality shuttle service like the Rockies as described, but the good thing is it could basically be implemented day 1 without a huge additional infrastructure project. Of course goes without saying I have no idea if there’s even a good place for a lot that people could access easily.
[Reply]
Hoover 09:51 AM 06-21-2024
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
I was just down there last week. Walked all around. I suppose you could see the skyline as the stadium would be built up quite a bit. But the area itself is not as good as the East village
Yup. Petco is a great set up, but not many downtowns are like San Diago. I mean you have all that convention center parking, Gaslamp district, train service, ah and the weather is always fucking perfect.

How that city doesn't have an NFL team is frustrating as hell. I love a good weekend in Vegas, but traveling to SD is always money in my opinion.
[Reply]
wazu 09:57 AM 06-21-2024

Fescoe said on his show that was all Mayor Q. Frank White is getting dragged pretty hard these days but Lucas may have fucked up even worse.
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:12 AM 06-21-2024
Originally Posted by wazu:
Fescoe said on his show that was all Mayor Q. Frank White is getting dragged pretty hard these days but Lucas may have fucked up even worse.
Just a total facepalm if true

I know there were the whole "but billionaires!" no voters out there but the East Village location would've been a closer vote

So you have Arrowhead and both teams now hanging in the balance over switching from an ideal location to a universally hated one
[Reply]
ghak99 11:00 AM 06-21-2024
Originally Posted by wazu:
Fescoe said on his show that was all Mayor Q. Frank White is getting dragged pretty hard these days but Lucas may have ****ed up even worse.
If that's true, it would explain his quiet transition to the "we're all in this together" bullshit as there's no way he'd want that kind of blemish on his image if both teams left KC.
[Reply]
Pablo 11:04 AM 06-21-2024
Originally Posted by ghak99:
If that's true, it would explain his quiet transition to the "we're all in this together" bullshit as there's no way he'd want that kind of blemish on his image if both teams left KC.
Dude is such a useless pussy
[Reply]
Kiimo 11:11 AM 06-21-2024
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Yup. Petco is a great set up, but not many downtowns are like San Diago. I mean you have all that convention center parking, Gaslamp district, train service, ah and the weather is always ****ing perfect.

How that city doesn't have an NFL team is frustrating as hell. I love a good weekend in Vegas, but traveling to SD is always money in my opinion.

Dean Spanos put it to a vote hey build me a stadium in the middle of downtown where I plan to pay not one dime and **** traffic up even more than it already is for like 7 years!

And the people of San Diego said uh, hey you cash-starved wannabe billionaire go **** yourself.

So he packed up and left. And it's really sad because Dean couldn't even afford to build a stadium so now he has a LANDLORD who is a direct competitor for eyeballs in the same city and nobody gives a shit about them at all.

And the saddest thing is...it worked. The team is worth more than ever before and they actually have a good team and the San Diego fans are shit out of luck with nothing but their own righteous indignation to cheer for. They were right to tell him to shove it, he wanted to totally screw up downtown.

He also knew they would vote it down. He honestly should be dragged into the street and tarred and feathered then sent out on a barge into the Pacific Ocean.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:21 AM 06-21-2024

Originally Posted by :
Kansas City’s former mayor, Sly James, is being paid by the Chiefs and the Royals to try and help get Jackson County Question 1 passed April 2.

In our interview with James Wednesday, he said one of the reasons the East Village wasn’t picked for the Royals new stadium site was the cost of rebuilding the highway interchange downtown would have been too expensive for the state.

“Number two, the fact that it was brought up that by doing that and building an entertainment district around it, you’re actually competing with Power and Light, and that doesn’t help,” James said that day.

[Reply]
KCUnited 11:28 AM 06-21-2024
Ah yeah I remember reading some grumblings about highway logistics being a challenge for the EV

The P&L bit seems odd as the EV seems more like a continuation of an existing entertainment district if built out but I guess different owners so maybe there was some pushback on developing additional entertainment
[Reply]
Page 139 of 141
« First < 3989129135136137138139 140141 >
Up