ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 138 of 162
« First < 3888128134135136137138 139140141142148 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So it’s really just the Steelers [or Bills] right?
RunKC 09:41 PM 09-28-2020
I mean goddamn this conference seems wrapped up doesn’t it? Not trying to jinx us but it really seems like injuries are our biggest opponent at this point.

The Ravens are fucking frauds. They’re a warm up for us. We literally made these guys look like the JV squad the last 2 meetings.

And sure the Bills and Titans may make us work for the win, but in all honesty we have to play pretty goddamn shitty to lose to those guys.

In order to have any shot at beating us you need 3 things:

1. Elite pass rush
2. Top 10 QB capable of making critical plays
3. Overall talented roster

Steelers are the only team in the AFC that has those 3 things, and even them it’s not like they’re some serious threat like the Patriots a couple years back, but they seem like the best of the rest.

I think at this point it would be disappointing for this team to not get to the SB 3 straight times.

We’re just that good, and we keep drafting well and get better and better.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 11:14 PM 12-21-2020
Originally Posted by tredadda:
True. But if KC has on off game a team like Buffalo can come in and win. You can't say that about many teams in the league.
True. I’ll believe Josh Allen can beat Patrick Mahomes in the playoffs though when I see it.

If that’s the AFC championship game matchup, Allen will be damn fortunate that there will be a limited capacity in Arrowhead. The atmosphere would eat him alive under normal circumstances.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 11:42 PM 12-21-2020
I'll believe Josh Allen can win a playoff game when they finally win a playoff game...
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 11:55 PM 12-21-2020
Bills aren’t beating the Chiefs this year unless it’s a “ref” game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 11:57 PM 12-21-2020
Originally Posted by Clyde Frog:
Bills aren’t beating the Chiefs this year unless it’s a “ref” game.

The league will not want Josh Allen in the Super Bowl over Mahomes.

I’m very confident we’re not getting screwed by the refs this year.
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 12:00 AM 12-22-2020
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:

Clete would like a word...

[Reply]
mr. tegu 12:41 AM 12-22-2020
The window of what is acceptable play against the Chiefs has moved so far beyond normal that fans and media alike resort to gloating about how a team played them or saying the Chiefs are vulnerable/are they really the best team with the most asinine evidence. It’s hilarious really.

Against a top defense on the road they scored 32 points and that’s considered a good defensive day. To this day people still reference our loss to the Raiders as if there’s some proven method to beat them with things like they can be beat by doing what the Raiders did to slow them down. Never mind we scored 32 and had many more points taken off the board. That’s the straw to grasp. A game that turned flukey and the opponent needed every bit of the 40 points they scored.

People also don’t seem to grasp that the Chiefs are in no way maxing out their points in really any game. They leave potential points on the board a lot simply because they threaten to score so much but also because they are rarely in a position to need to keep scoring for a full sixty minutes.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 12:57 AM 12-22-2020
It’s been shown repeatedly that one dimensional offenses, be it passing or running, don’t beat the Chiefs. We are pretty good at slowing down whatever aspect each team does best. It’s just too hard to score enough points when you are limited offensively. That’s why the Bills and no running are very unlikely to do enough to beat us in a potential rematch and why we dominated them so thoroughly. That’s why the Ravens struggle against us as another good example even though their strength/weakness is the exact opposite of the Bills. You have to run the ball consistently and effectively, but not simply to play keep away, and get must get big passing plays, and even then you need other fortunate plays to go your way. And even then it’s still unlikely you win.

That said I believe the one team we don’t want to face is the Titans because they can run and pass well enough with big play potential, but even more so, I think they would play so aggressive and all out without any pressure because of just having been there last season. Going for all the fourth downs, fake punts, etc. That introduces extra variance which is what is required to beat the Chiefs and their attitude would be one of doing absolutely anything, no matter how risky because last season they played their game and basically stuck with the core of who they are and it didn’t work. I think the Chiefs win, especially if it comes down to the offense, but it would be tough.
[Reply]
Pushead2 01:03 AM 12-22-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
It’s been shown repeatedly that one dimensional offenses, be it passing or running, don’t beat the Chiefs. We are pretty good at slowing down whatever aspect each team does best. It’s just too hard to score enough points when you are limited offensively. That’s why the Bills and no running are very unlikely to do enough to beat us in a potential rematch and why we dominated them so thoroughly. That’s why the Ravens struggle against us as another good example even though their strength/weakness is the exact opposite of the Bills. You have to run the ball consistently and effectively, but not simply to play keep away, and get must get big passing plays, and even then you need other fortunate plays to go your way. And even then it’s still unlikely you win.

That said I believe the one team we don’t want to face is the Titans because they can run and pass well enough with big play potential, but even more so, I think they would play so aggressive and all out without any pressure because of just having been there last season. Going for all the fourth downs, fake punts, etc. That introduces extra variance which is what is required to beat the Chiefs and their attitude would be one of doing absolutely anything, no matter how risky because last season they played their game and basically stuck with the core of who they are and it didn’t work. I think the Chiefs win, especially if it comes down to the offense, but it would be tough.
Not a knock on you or your post so please don't take offense, but honestly, I don't give a shit who we play.

Chiefs are the best team in football and as long as we have Mahomes, I'll take my chances with KC against any team.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:11 AM 12-22-2020
TEN has a decent offense that can run and pass, but their defense is terrible. And as a team they've been too inconsistent.

They squeaked by DEN, JAX, and MIN by a total of 6 points. Then they smoke both BUF and HOU, only to get spanked by both PIT and CIN the following two weeks. Then they squeak by CHI, get trucked by IND, get by BAL, and get their revenge on IND, but then get trucked by CLE?

TEN's defense is a huge gaping hole on that team. Never mind their issues with STs.

CLE is now the most dangerous offense outside of KC. And their defense maybe below average, but they do have a passrush, at least one decent LB, and if they get Denzel and/or Greedy back, that unit will be significantly better than TEN's defense.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:20 AM 12-22-2020
WFT?? The NFL front office would go apeshit if the Bills went to the Super Bowl, especially if they won it.

Another small market team with a young, big armed QB would be a massive part of their marketing narrative.

:-)
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 01:35 AM 12-22-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
WFT?? The NFL front office would go apeshit if the Bills went to the Super Bowl, especially if they won it.

Another small market team with a young, big armed QB would be a massive part of their marketing narrative.

Wrong. Mahomes brings viewership, Allen does not. This is common sense stuff.
[Reply]
Halfcan 01:47 AM 12-22-2020
So much insecurity in this thread. We steamrolled the Bills in their house. The Colts have an aging immobile Rivers, the Steelers have the statue of Big Ben at QB, the Titans can't stop our offense, the Browns are.., the Browns and will find a way to choke, Ravens already got their asses kicked by us once this year. So relax and enjoy the ride.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:53 AM 12-22-2020
Wrong. Mahomes brings viewership, Allen does not. This is common sense stuff.

Bills-Steelers drew 18.2 million.

And you’re dumb as fuck if you don’t think the NFL doesn’t want a great rivalry between two teams capable of winning the Super Bowl each year.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 02:25 AM 12-22-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
So much insecurity in this thread. We steamrolled the Bills in their house. The Colts have an aging immobile Rivers, the Steelers have the statue of Big Ben at QB, the Titans can't stop our offense, the Browns are.., the Browns and will find a way to choke, Ravens already got their asses kicked by us once this year. So relax and enjoy the ride.
Can you point out anyone who isn't doing just that? You just make things up to complain about.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:50 AM 12-22-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I remember when RunKC and Virus were telling me the Steelers were a 14-2 caliber team.

Good times :-)
Teams evolve throughout the season, dipshit.
[Reply]
Page 138 of 162
« First < 3888128134135136137138 139140141142148 > Last »
Up