ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 137 of 791
« First < 3787127133134135136137 138139140141147187237637 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:28 PM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by :
Ford wound up getting surgery to repair the injury, but at one stage his back was bad enough that his surgeon, Andrew Cordover, was more concerned about Ford's chances of walking properly.
Originally Posted by :
The surgery (a lumbar discectomy) went forward, and Ford wound up having trouble walking for weeks while seeing his weight drop to 215 pounds.
https://247sports.com/nfl/kansas-cit...ury-129543470/

Do you want me to explain to you what a lumbar discectomy is and why Dee Ford's surgically repaired back is different from every normal back on the face of the earth?
[Reply]
BossChief 01:29 PM 03-06-2019
I don’t want to go link to each and every comment, but the Eric Berry situation is very interesting.

Am I alone here, or does it really seem like Reid and Veach are on completely opposite ends of the fence with Berry?

I get the sense from Veachs actions (trying to sign Thomas last year, trying to trade for Collins, Possibly signing Collins in FA) that he’s going to release Berry (or he wants to) and use that $ on a different safety but that Reid wants Berry around another year. Reid even said right after the NE game that Berry would be back and that’s a bright spot going forward.

Maybe another situation similar to Maclin and Reid/Dorsey where the G.M. having final say on personnel makes a decision to cut an injury plagued player, that’s overpaid but one Reid has a relationship with, happens?
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:30 PM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I don’t want to go link to each and every comment, but the Eric Berry situation is very interesting.

Am I alone here, or does it really seem like Reid and Veach are on completely opposite ends of the fence with Berry?

I get the sense from Veachs actions (trying to sign Thomas last year, trying to trade for Collins, Possibly signing Collins in FA) that he’s going to release Berry (or he wants to) and use that $ on a different safety but that Reid wants Berry around another year. Reid even said right after the NE game that Berry would be back and that’s a bright spot going forward.

Maybe another situation similar to Maclin and Reid/Dorsey where the G.M. having final say on personnel makes a decision to cut an injury plagued player, that’s overpaid but one Reid has a relationship with, happens?
It's possible but would surprise me. I've always had the impression that Reid picked Veach. Dorsey getting fired was part of a power struggle that led to Reid having even more power.
[Reply]
BossChief 01:32 PM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It's possible but would surprise me. I've always had the impression that Reid picked Veach. Dorsey getting fired was part of a power struggle that led to Reid having even more power.
Reid picked Dorsey, too.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:34 PM 03-06-2019
Wonder if we could get Collins cheaper for the SLB spot.
[Reply]
Halfcan 01:39 PM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
https://247sports.com/nfl/kansas-cit...ury-129543470/

Do you want me to explain to you what a lumbar discectomy is and why Dee Ford's surgically repaired back is different from every normal back on the face of the earth?
If you want to change your narrative to "normal" back that is fine. But stop posting that Dee is "injured" because he is not. He was our best player on defense last year.

Once again- Ford says he is healthy and played well to prove it. The Chiefs obviously believe he is in good shape, but yet you keep posting that he has back problems. We get that you hate Dee, but you post in every thread as if he is just now coming out of surgery and is still in traction.
[Reply]
SAUTO 01:44 PM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
The difference is that - when Veach was targeting a trade for Thomas - that was the ONLY way to get safety help.

Now, we have trades, free agency, the draft, and our own players returning from injury. It's a much more diverse group of potential solutions.
Veach was also trying to trade for Collins
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:44 PM 03-06-2019
I'm probably in the minority but if they sign Collins I'd love to keep Berry around for this year too
[Reply]
Halfcan 01:46 PM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:

Of course they have different points of view. Reid sees Berry as a great locker room guy. And Veech sees Berry as a declining asset.
[Reply]
In58men 01:46 PM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I'm probably in the minority but if they sign Collins I'd love to keep Berry around for this year too
I’m all in on this.
[Reply]
O.city 01:48 PM 03-06-2019
Collins would be a nice fit if he's motivated.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:01 PM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
If you want to change your narrative to "normal" back that is fine. But stop posting that Dee is "injured" because he is not. He was our best player on defense last year.

Once again- Ford says he is healthy and played well to prove it. The Chiefs obviously believe he is in good shape, but yet you keep posting that he has back problems. We get that you hate Dee, but you post in every thread as if he is just now coming out of surgery and is still in traction.
Ford said he FEELS healthy. Again, do you even know what a lumbar discectomy is? He's missing part of one or more discs in his back. The procedure relieves pain but does not prevent further injury. In fact, his back is compromised and with repeated stress, could more easily be injured.

I don't hate Dee Ford. I've said several times that I don't like the idea of spending our 2019 cap on him but I've also said I would consider a long-term deal for the right price.

What's going to be your homer take when the Chiefs trade him, since you've been so insistent they love him?
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:02 PM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Not that I'm for or against but I'm interested in your rationale as to why?
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 02:09 PM 03-06-2019

Yep. Just your regular Wednesd—HOLD UP is that Chris Jones AND Le’Veon Bell!!!?

(via @stonecoldjones_) pic.twitter.com/A1uuVRqTXW

— Arrowhead Pride (@ArrowheadPride) March 6, 2019

[Reply]
smithandrew051 02:12 PM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by Showtime:
While we obviously need defense...A motivated Leveon Bell in this offense...it makes you think. (Probably not worth the drama or money but still)
[Reply]
Page 137 of 791
« First < 3787127133134135136137 138139140141147187237637 > Last »
Up