ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 137 of 335
« First < 3787127133134135136137 138139140141147187237 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:14 PM 05-10-2016
Originally Posted by RustShack:
They are doing two short seasons after this one.
The final season of 13 episodes will be split and aired over two years, just like Mad Men.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:17 PM 05-10-2016
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Money. They're really having to ramp up the CGI. Plus the location stuff isn't getting cheaper. Plus all the new cast members. I guess they could kill fools off to lighten the payroll.

But my understanding is they're going to make 7 show series with 10 show budget.
Actually, it's because Benioff and Weiss want it to end
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 02:23 PM 05-10-2016
As long as they don't shit the bed.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 02:25 PM 05-10-2016
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The final season of 13 episodes will be split and aired over two years, just like Mad Men.
I guess they are just calling the different seasons... because they have specifically said Season 7 and Season 8
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:24 PM 05-10-2016
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
We already had this discussion after Hardhome aired, but agreed.

I'm almost certain ice spiders will be a thing in the books though. They're mentioned far too many times not to.
Well I'll be damned; so we did.

At least I didn't contradict myself. I'll do that from time to time.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:26 PM 05-10-2016
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I sure hate to kick you right in your righteous boner, but....

It's remarkably, REMARKABLY, shitty storytelling if they do.

This great evil that you've spent the entire story building up suddenly neutralizes the only natural advantage the protagonists had. Not for any sane reason, mind you, but just because. What the hell narrative purpose to friggen ice dragons serve?

I'm unconvinced. There's just no sense at all in introducing ice dragons. Like I said, at that point it's either extinction or a Wile E. Coyote kind of dues ex machina that would undermine everything the series has built.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:33 PM 05-10-2016
There is no way that anyone would be able to beat ice dragons. NO WAY.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:42 PM 05-10-2016
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Well I'll be damned; so we did.

At least I didn't contradict myself. I'll do that from time to time.

Yeah, you didn't at all. I think most here actually agreed that adding ice dragons to the equation would result in a curbstomp in favor of the Walkers.

I only brought them up because I was speculating on how the Walkers will get through/over/under the wall. According to the books, there are pretty powerful wards so they can't go under or through it. Over might be a possibility (if they had dragons or ice spiders) but they wouldn't be likely to have an ice spider or dragon for every member of their vast army anyway...

So I'd say it's almost a virtual certainty that the wall will be brought down somehow. Most likely by the horn since it's really the only thing that's been mentioned. Mance probably couldn't find it because the Whites have it.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 03:47 PM 05-10-2016
Who is to say the ice dragons don't save the day for the white walkers just as they are about to lose to the people, and the white walkers come out winners in the end?
[Reply]
SAUTO 03:49 PM 05-10-2016
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Who is to say the ice dragons don't save the day for the white walkers just as they are about to lose to the people, and the white walkers come out winners in the end?
:-) that would be about fucking right.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:59 PM 05-10-2016
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Yeah, you didn't at all. I think most here actually agreed that adding ice dragons to the equation would result in a curbstomp in favor of the Walkers.

I only brought them up because I was speculating on how the Walkers will get through/over/under the wall. According to the books, there are pretty powerful wards so they can't go under or through it. Over might be a possibility (if they had dragons or ice spiders) but they wouldn't be likely to have an ice spider or dragon for every member of their vast army anyway...

So I'd say it's almost a virtual certainty that the wall will be brought down somehow. Most likely by the horn since it's really the only thing that's been mentioned. Mance probably couldn't find it because the Whites have it.
Could they not go around? I've always kinda figured they just figure out a way to sail into Eastwatch. The wights are stupid; the Walkers aren't (and even the wights aren't mindless zombies as we learned from Hardhomme).

Hell, couldn't they theoretically wait until the long winter and when the bay of ice freezes, just walk across? Let's face it, time is on the Walkers side here.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:07 PM 05-10-2016
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
:-) that would be about fucking right.

Could they not go around? I've always kinda figured they just figure out a way to sail into Eastwatch. The wights are stupid; the Walkers aren't (and even the wights aren't mindless zombies as we learned from Hardhomme).

Hell, couldn't they theoretically wait until the long winter and when the bay of ice freezes, just walk across? Let's face it, time is on the Walkers side here.

:-) Totally plausible scenarios here, both.
[Reply]
SAUTO 04:13 PM 05-10-2016
Let's face it, time is on the Walkers side here.
There's a martin pun here but I can't put words to it.
[Reply]
crazycoffey 05:21 PM 05-10-2016
Not sure how I feel about the ice dragon either. On the one hand it seems like it would really shift the powers to the white walkers. But on the other hand, Dani's 3 dragons really limits the white walkers too. They could conceivably wipe out the whites with little effort, so an ice dragon (or three........) could actually be more of a leveling of power between the living and the dead.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 05:41 PM 05-10-2016
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
There is no way that anyone would be able to beat ice dragons. NO WAY.
So what happens if one of Dany's Dragons were to die north of the wall?
[Reply]
Page 137 of 335
« First < 3787127133134135136137 138139140141147187237 > Last »
Up