[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 06:07 PM 03-23-2019
Originally Posted by kcxiv:
that doesnt make anyone a douche wtf. lol
This.

Surperturle is an idiot.
[Reply]
RunKC 06:11 PM 03-23-2019
Mayfield is a douche. And he’s a moron that lets people live rent free in his head.

Dude still gets mad about Hue Jackson :-)
[Reply]
staylor26 06:57 PM 03-23-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Mayfield is a douche. And he’s a moron that lets people live rent free in his head.

Dude still gets mad about Hue Jackson :-)
Exactly it’s like people either like his persona too much to see it or they’re ignorant to the facts because he’s clearly a douche that cares way too much about what other people think, say, or do. They say he’s on social media immediately after a game. I just don’t see how that’s a positive trait for a QB to have.
[Reply]
crispystl 07:42 PM 03-23-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Dude. The kid WALKED ON in college. Couldn't beat out Mahomes which is no shame, went to Oklahoma. Balled out Wins the Heisman. Got drafted by CLEVELAND. Thrust into starting right away. That's always worked out great in Cleveland, right? Throws 27 TD's/14 INT's to...who other than Landry? Now he's got OBJ.

I understand if his personality rubs you the wrong way, but all the kid's ever done is produce in the face of adversity. Having to start at QB as a rookie in ****ing Cleveland-there's no adversity greater than that in the NFL. Shit sandwich time, and once again, he balled out. He's not going anywhere.

I wouldn't trade Mahomes for any player in football, he's a generational talent. BUT-if we didn't have Mahomes, Mayfield would be the next guy on my list.

Y'all wait. We'll be playing Cleveland in a bunch of AFCCG's real soon.

I think a lot of people hate him because he's cocky; but you have to understand, since high school everybody's told him he can't play. And he just keeps proving them wrong. So he doesn't give a shit what anybody thinks. As an opponent you may hate him, but his teammates LOVE IT.
This. Peyton Manning was 26TD/28INT his rookie year. I think you're right and people (especially on here) sell Mayfield's season a bit short because it was dwarfed by Pat's.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:50 PM 03-23-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Exactly it’s like people either like his persona too much to see it or they’re ignorant to the facts because he’s clearly a douche that cares way too much about what other people think, say, or do. They say he’s on social media immediately after a game. I just don’t see how that’s a positive trait for a QB to have.
dude, all these guys are like 23. They're on social media every minute they're not specifically engaged in something else.

and if those two gifs make him a douche, then I guess I'm a douche, because I've done both of those, especially when I was 23. Got in some bar fights back in the day, too. And ran from the cops while being underage and drunk. Guess what: They caught me too. :-)

Although I didn't face plant over a curb.

I expect every one of you would have to admit to that or worse if you were to be honest or you're all a lot more white-bread boring sons-of-bitches than I thought.

Some people think he's a douche because he's unguarded and doesn't just spout the same old cliche stuff that he's 'supposed' to say.

Might his mouth occasionally cause him trouble? Sure. I expect when it does, he'll learn to tone it down. He's 23 years old, you know.

For now, he loves the criticism, it drives him.

If you think Patrick didn't read every negative word about him before last year and stew on it, you're nuts. He's just grown up in a professional athlete environment and so is more composed. That doesn't make Baker a douche. I know I sure learned a lot after 23.

I like that he's not a robot. I like that he's unguarded. I like that he says what's on his mind. His teammates love him, he doesn't act above anyone he gets in there and lets it all hang out.

I like it. I get that some of you don't.

I expect he's going to be Patrick's foil for much of his career, so it'll be a lot of fun, and we'll all hate 'fucking Mayfield!' and he'll LOVE that.

It's all good.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:16 PM 03-23-2019
eh. That shit is way overblown if that's what you've got.

One person's douche is another person's fiery competitor I guess.

It's not like he threw a flag into the stands and ran off the field or anything. Or jumped into the stands to start a fight with a fan.

He acts like a linebacker. if that's a number 50 on his chest, do you give a shit?
Someone gif up the cop wasting him into a retaining wall.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:51 PM 03-23-2019
I don't think there's anything that says Mayfield's personality is a problem. I've watched him own up to mistakes frankly and candidly in post-game interviews.

I don't think there's anything there that says he doesn't hold himself accountable.
I'm not talking Mayfield here, I am talking OBJ's lack of maturity(DIVA side) and will that eventually be taken out on Mayfield as Mayfield continues to grow as a QB because he is still learning.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:47 PM 03-23-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Someone gif up the cop wasting him into a retaining wall.
he was 20. You never ran from the cops while underage drinking?

I've seen it an I thought it was hilarious.

You really think that makes him a douche?

What kind of goody two shoes are you?
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 11:52 PM 03-23-2019

Dude, he just wanted to see the gif.

And the guy can be a douche bag and still have fire. It’s not a one thing or the other. The guy can be a huge douche but he is also a guy who has lots of fire. I like the fire part but hate the douche part of his personality.

Also if you are drinking underage and run from the cops, you are a douche who doesn’t know how to properly hide from the cops.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:53 AM 03-24-2019
Originally Posted by mac459:

And the guy can be a douche bag and still have fire. It’s not a one thing or the other. The guy can be a huge douche but he is also a guy who has lots of fire. I like the fire part but hate the douche part of his personality.

Also if you are drinking underage and run from the cops, you are a douche who doesn’t know how to properly hide from the cops.
I got away, actually. :-)

I don't see a douche. Roethlisberger is a douche. Rosen's comments post draft were douchey. Phyllis Rivers is a crybaby douche. Grbac was a douche. guys who whine when they don't get what they think they're entitled to, guys who blame other people for their mistakes, guys who throw teammates under the bus, those are douchebags.

Baker just doesn't care what you think and says what's he's thinking. I don't mind that.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:49 AM 03-24-2019

Never ran from the cops. Didn't drink much in High School because of sports, when I did, I did it in the country. In college, there were houseparties.

I also wasn't working towards NFL money.

On the whole though, don't yell at me, I'm the guy willing to eat crow on him.
[Reply]
mcaj22 05:07 AM 03-24-2019
Originally Posted by JakeF:
What are you talking about? People are doing their best to credit Veach and Reid for everything good, and blame Dorsey for anything bad.
I am talking about Dorsey's current work on the Browns and the GM before him Sashi Brown. Has literally nothing to do with the Chiefs. The last few pages where discussing Dorsey's Browns draft class. I was pointing out that 2 of the good players wouldn't even be in a Browns uniform if it wasn't for Sashi gathering assets.
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:27 AM 03-24-2019
Originally Posted by mac459:

I got caught running from the cops drunk underage once...

In the 7th grade... and it took them at least 30 minutes, a dog, and an old lady to point the way...
[Reply]
RunKC 09:31 AM 03-24-2019
Originally Posted by JakeF:
What are you talking about? People are doing their best to credit Veach and Reid for everything good, and blame Dorsey for anything bad.
Nope.

Vast majority here didn’t like Veach’s first draft pick. Lot of folks also didn’t like paying Sammy Watkins as much as we did.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 10:20 AM 03-24-2019
Originally Posted by mcaj22:
I am talking about Dorsey's current work on the Browns and the GM before him Sashi Brown. Has literally nothing to do with the Chiefs. The last few pages where discussing Dorsey's Browns draft class. I was pointing out that 2 of the good players wouldn't even be in a Browns uniform if it wasn't for Sashi gathering assets.
You are really reaching here. Doesnt matter how many picks you have if you dont make the right ones. Before Dorsey got there how long had the Browns been picking high in the draft and had pretty much nothing to show for it?

Dorsey deserves a lot of credit for what is happening with the Browns at least some credit for Chiefs turn around as well. There's no way around it.
[Reply]
Page 136 of 137
« First < 3686126132133134135136 137 >
Up