ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1353 of 3903
« First < 35385312531303134313491350135113521353 135413551356135713631403145318532353 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Marcellus 09:26 AM 04-13-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I don't have a ton of trust in any numbers because there is no way in knowing what is accurate or not.
It seems you definitely trust certain data points from your comments.
[Reply]
O.city 09:27 AM 04-13-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
I would suspect that is impossible. The highest we have gotten is 200k tests in one day. In order for us to get to 1% it would have to be 500k a day.
We can’t say it’s impossible just get it done
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:36 AM 04-13-2020
Originally Posted by KC Dan:
Ok, I'll just give my example - Washington. Without a state order, schools and businesses shut down well before the gov order . For example, even though my company is essential (semiconductor) and exempt, we've been working from home since March 6th... but whatever you know more than anyone cause....and my son lives in Seattle and works in Bellvue and has been working from home even longer..
The question\tweet was about government stay at home orders not whether individual school districts\businesses did it before the official orders. I am very glad leaders of businesses and school districts did it earlier.

For example I live in MO and we got our official order last week but I have been working from home going on 4 weeks.
[Reply]
Dartgod 09:37 AM 04-13-2020
Nice map. WTF is it supposed to be?
[Reply]
Dartgod 09:39 AM 04-13-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
The question\tweet was about government stay at home orders not whether individual school districts\businesses did it before the official orders. I am very glad leaders of businesses and school districts did it earlier.

For example I live in MO and we got our official order last week but I have been working from home going on 4 weeks.
I've been working from home since March 9. Starting my 5th week today.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:44 AM 04-13-2020
Cool well we should be passing S. Korea soon on test per Million, then Germany. Etc...

Considering we are testing more per a day, wont be long till we pass alot of countries who are doing "better"
That's very aspirational. We're not passing Korea anytime soon. They're the gold standard and were very well prepared because they dealt with MERS a few decades ago. Maybe we might because they're past the curve and we're in the middle of it, but that doesn't mean we're testing better. But we will undoubtedly get much better and faster at testing and at least we're seeing some promising innovation. We just have too many institutional barriers that make it challenging. The biggest being that we're a huge country with lots of states who do things very differently. But if there's any huge bright side to this, it's that we're building a really good playbook for our next pandemic response.
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:47 AM 04-13-2020
I've been working from home since March 9. Starting my 5th week today.

Us IT people can work from anywhere :-)
[Reply]
petegz28 09:47 AM 04-13-2020
NY came in under 700 new deaths in their first report for the first time in a long time. That's great!
[Reply]
petegz28 09:47 AM 04-13-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I don't have a ton of trust in any numbers because there is no way in knowing what is accurate or not.
So you are making your decisions based on?
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:47 AM 04-13-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
That's very aspirational. We're not passing Korea anytime soon. They're the gold standard and were very well prepared because they dealt with MERS a few decades ago. Maybe we might because they're past the curve and we're in the middle of it, but that doesn't mean we're testing better. But we will undoubtedly get much better and faster at testing and at least we're seeing some promising innovation. We just have too many institutional barriers that make it challenging. The biggest being that we're a huge country with lots of states who do things very differently. But if there's any huge bright side to this, it's that we're building a really good playbook for our next pandemic response.

We had a playbook already.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:50 AM 04-13-2020
Nice map. WTF is it supposed to be?
I posted the link one post down.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:56 AM 04-13-2020
There's some business that are turning extra profits right now...

But spending on video gaming companies like Twitch and Nintendo is booming. Streaming services, such as Netflix and Spotify, are also seeing gains. https://t.co/TQmIJ2D3z4 pic.twitter.com/8zBuQlGTU1

— The New York Times (@nytimes) April 11, 2020

We analyzed data from Earnest Research, which tracks and analyzes credit card and debit card purchases of nearly 6 million people in the U.S. Cash transactions aren't included, but the data provides a strong snapshot of the economic impact of the coronavirus. pic.twitter.com/6YOt6vreU9

— The New York Times (@nytimes) April 11, 2020

[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:57 AM 04-13-2020
Actually

We are climbing around 100-150 in our tests per million every day. They are hardly growing at all.

So at our current rate we will be at 10k Per a million in 13 days.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:57 AM 04-13-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
We had a playbook already.
I won't comment on that because it goes down a political rabbit hole and I frankly have no idea what was in pandemic response playbook. I would bet it might have helped some, but I'm skeptical we wouldn't still be woefully unprepared. We would still probably be way behind a country like Korea that had way more experience with pandemic response than we had. Having a plan in place is way different than learning from experience.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:02 AM 04-13-2020
I won't comment on that because it goes down a political rabbit hole and I frankly have no idea what was in pandemic response playbook. I would bet it might have helped some, but I'm skeptical we wouldn't still be woefully unprepared. We would still probably be way behind a country like Korea that had way more experience with pandemic response than we had. Having a plan in place is way different than learning from experience.
The playbook is actually online for you to read.

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...ml#document/p2
[Reply]
Page 1353 of 3903
« First < 35385312531303134313491350135113521353 135413551356135713631403145318532353 > Last »
Up