ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 135 of 791
« First < 3585125131132133134135 136137138139145185235635 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 12:33 PM 03-06-2019
But seriously though, if we're gonna keep Berry, just draft Adderley.
[Reply]
O.city 12:33 PM 03-06-2019

Weddle also has plans to play this year and he expects to move pretty quickly to get ahead of the free agent rush next week. There has been a ton of rumored interest and Weddle could take a few visits by end of week.

— Jeff Zrebiec (@jeffzrebiec) March 6, 2019

[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 12:39 PM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I wouldn’t say all.

There’s been a couple that said the opposite.
Yeah, I would also say that he’s likely to be cut post June 1st, and that's a WAYS away. There’s certainly a chance the Chiefs haven’t even made their decision as of yet, so I wouldn’t put a ton of stock into anything said about Berry this far out. It’s all speculation at this point.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:41 PM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by JohnDONsey:
Yeah, I would also say that he’s likely to be cut post June 1st, and that's a WAYS away. There’s certainly a chance the Chiefs haven’t even made their decision as of yet, so I wouldn’t put a ton of stock into anything said about Berry this far out. It’s all speculation at this point.
I could see them waiting to see what they can pull in FA and the draft. If they can bring in a veteran and a rookie that they're comfortable with starting....then they could make Berry a June 1st cut and use that money to work on an extension for Hill.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:43 PM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I could see them waiting to see what they can pull in FA and the draft. If they can bring in a veteran and a rookie that they're comfortable with starting....then they could make Berry a June 1st cut and use that money to work on an extension for Hill.
I think this is likely. Also gives a longer window to determine his likelihood for being healthy.

I love Berry as a player; if he can go, I've got no problem playing him, I just doubt it very seriously.
[Reply]
SAUTO 12:52 PM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Do we have any indications they are actually pursuing Collins or are people just connecting dots?

The slot receiver rumors seem to be of the "Chiefs are pursuing" variety.

The Landon Collins rumors seem to be of the "Chiefs would be a good fit" variety.
We were talking to them after Thomas broke his leg
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:52 PM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I love Berry as a player; if he can go, I've got no problem playing him, I just doubt it very seriously.
Exactly my feelings as well. :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:53 PM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
We were talking to them after Thomas broke his leg
A lot can change in a year.
[Reply]
SAUTO 12:54 PM 03-06-2019
A lot can change in a year.
Definitely. Our needs haven't though
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:56 PM 03-06-2019
Definitely. Our needs haven't though
Except they kind of have.

Last year they were reportedly looking for a way to "get over the hump", hence the reports that they were interested in Earl Thomas but not interested in extending his contract.

Not being completely sure of the Chiefs' thinking, can we say they still view Collins the way they did last year? I don't think you can say yes definitively since most of the reports out there aren't citing sources "close to the Chiefs" like they were last year. It looks more like educated guesses at this point.
[Reply]
SAUTO 12:58 PM 03-06-2019
Except they kind of have.

Last year they were reportedly looking for a way to "get over the hump", hence the reports that they were interested in Earl Thomas but not interested in extending his contract.

Not being completely sure of the Chiefs' thinking, can we say they still view Collins the way they did last year? I don't think you can say yes definitively since most of the reports out there aren't citing sources "close to the Chiefs" like they were last year. It looks more like educated guesses at this point.
But we still need safety help.
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 01:02 PM 03-06-2019
If Berry really is back we aren't signing Landon Collins.

I'm surprised there isn't more talk about CJ Mosley. If we cut/trade Houston we need a linebacker and he'd be a perfect fit for us in the middle.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:02 PM 03-06-2019
But we still need safety help.
I get that but that's not really my point.

The WR rumors that are floating say "my sources are telling me that the Chiefs are actively looking for help at the slot WR".

The Collins rumors basically say "Spags and Collins would be a good fit in KC, they'll be in the mix".

I've seen NOTHING yet that suggests the Chiefs are really interested.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:03 PM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by ntexascardfan:
If Berry really is back we aren't signing Landon Collins.
I think so too and I hope I'm wrong but that's a mistake.

Right now, keeping Berry sounds like the best way to have another 2018 where he's "day to day" all season. Not looking forward to that at all.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:08 PM 03-06-2019
I get that but that's not really my point.

The WR rumors that are floating say "my sources are telling me that the Chiefs are actively looking for help at the slot WR".

The Collins rumors basically say "Spags and Collins would be a good fit in KC, they'll be in the mix".

I've seen NOTHING yet that suggests the Chiefs are really interested.
I posted this yesterday but here it is again

There will be a strong market for Landon Collins, now that #Giants opt not to tag or sign him to a new deal. My sense from talking with league sources last week is #Chiefs will make him a priority. Here are some potential landing spots: https://t.co/q2qwd8p8uw

— Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL) March 5, 2019

[Reply]
Page 135 of 791
« First < 3585125131132133134135 136137138139145185235635 > Last »
Up