JohnnyHammersticks 08:57 AM 02-27-2024
Originally Posted by In58men:
Can somebody create a “2024 Free Agency” thread, please. Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Done
[Reply]
staylor26 08:50 AM 03-12-2024
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Averaged 5.1 under Roman. That's going to be a physical team to play guys will get injured
:-)

He's a JAG.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:50 AM 03-12-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Averaged 5.1 YPC when the defense had to worry about a QB running. He's also 28 years old and the Chargers offensive line isn't that great.
Harbaugh teams always run the ball well.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:51 AM 03-12-2024
Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58:
Marcus Mariota is signing with the Washington #Commanders.

A one year deal worth up to $10 million

The teams new QB1.
Nah - that's expensive backup with a chance to compete as a starter money.

And in straight up competition with Howell, Howell will win.

Mariota's lousy. I'm not sure why he's even getting backup jobs at this point. I'd far prefer Gabbert.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:51 AM 03-12-2024
Which we all know....that's how you beat Mahomes.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:53 AM 03-12-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Nah - that's expensive backup with a chance to compete as a starter money.

And in straight up competition with Howell, Howell will win.

Mariota's lousy. I'm not sure why he's even getting backup jobs at this point. I'd far prefer Gabbert.
Probably means Howell is gone though because they're locked in to QB at 2. Whoever they draft will obviously start over Mariota though.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:54 AM 03-12-2024
I'll worry about teams running to win when one of them actually does.

Even the 49ers don't use their run game to set up the pass or control the clock. They use McCaffrey as a receiver as much as anything to do that.

Teams that run the football continue to fail. And maybe the worm will finally turn and the rest of the league will adapt. When they do that, we'll still be here with Patrick Mahomes and be happy to see teams adjusting their personnel to deal with power running teams only to have to face the baddest man on the planet with a defense built to slow the run.

I just don't care about these dinosaur organizations. Maybe they'll prove me wrong - but I'll make 'em do it first.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:54 AM 03-12-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
:-)

He's a JAG.
We all know how you are this time of year slap an Arrowhead on the side of dudes helmet it's a great signing. Sign in the division he sucks. He had 13 touchdowns last year. Not claiming he's the next Ricky Williams but if you've watched more than 5 minutes of college football (most of you haven't) you'll know Harbaughs teams are extremely physicall
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 08:54 AM 03-12-2024
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
He'll be 28 on a 10m one year deal. That's not worth trading picks for.
OH NOES HE'S 28! One whole year older than your boo Mooney.

After what the Browns gave for Jeudy, you're likely looking at a R4 at best, maybe even a R5 for Johnson - who isn't going to break the bank on an extension.

And if he's dealt after Saturday, the 2024 number drops to $7M

2 year extension at $13-15M per.

He's easily the best option when it comes to what you'll get production wise for the cost, unless for some reason Veach can just outright steal Ridley.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:55 AM 03-12-2024
I'll worry about teams running to win when one of them actually does.

Even the 49ers don't use their run game to set up the pass or control the clock. They use McCaffrey as a receiver as much as anything to do that.

Teams that run the football continue to fail. And maybe the worm will finally turn and the rest of the league will adapt. When they do that, we'll still be here with Patrick Mahomes and be happy to see teams adjusting their personnel to deal with power running teams only to have to face the baddest man on the planet with a defense built to slow the run.

I just don't care about these dinosaur organizations. Maybe they'll prove me wrong - but I'll make 'em do it first.
I am not worried about them beating us on the scoreboard but these physical teams are annoying as fuck
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:56 AM 03-12-2024
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
OH NOES HE'S 28! One whole year older than your boo Mooney.

After what the Browns gave for Jeudy, you're likely looking at a R4 at best, maybe even a R5 for Johnson - who isn't going to break the bank on an extension.

And if he's dealt after Saturday, the 2024 number drops to $7M

2 year extension at $13-15M per.

He's easily the best option when it comes to what you'll get production wise for the cost, unless for some reason Veach can just outright steal Ridley.
Eh, I think the Steelers can get a 3 for Johnson but maybe I'm wrong.

I'd give him a shot with a 4th if an extension could be reached. I'm not super-excited about trading for a rental and hoping he'll sign, though.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:56 AM 03-12-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Yup. My three realistic dream moves:

1. Vet LT
2. Moderate WR
3. Sneed trade for a second
Would essentially open our draft up completely to go BPA throughout. Need to add at DT too though.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 08:57 AM 03-12-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
They’re gonna get a 3rd rd comp at best for him aren’t they :-)

You're citing Florio? lulz

Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58:
If the #Bengals TRADE Tee Higgins the #Panthers, #Patriots, #Chiefs, #Packers, and #Texans are all expected to be interested.
There was some chatter that the Bengals were talking to the Panthers all day yesterday about Tee. They inquired last year so it's stupid for Florio to claim that "no one" called.

Also, one of the Bengals 6th rd comps was upgraded to a 3rd rounder yesterday.
[Reply]
CaptainMorgan 08:58 AM 03-12-2024
Averaged 5.1 under Roman. That's going to be a physical team to play guys will get injured
Scared of Gus and Roman?? Someone needs to spend little more time at the George Brett statute bro!
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 08:59 AM 03-12-2024
Eh, I think the Steelers can get a 3 for Johnson but maybe I'm wrong.

I'd give him a shot with a 4th if an extension could be reached. I'm not super-excited about trading for a rental and hoping he'll sign, though.
I don't think anyone is trading more for a R6 for him unless they can get a deal done.

Honestly, even for a R3 and an extension, he's easily the best option to give you production for the cost - again, unless Veach can steal Ridley for some crazy low number.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:59 AM 03-12-2024
I think it's funny how tenors change based on timing.

"Trouble in Cincy; Tee Higgins requests trade..."

Y'all know that if we hadn't pre-emptively given Sneed permission to seek a deal, HE'D have requested a trade as well. The only difference between our situation and theirs is that we gave him permission to find a deal before he asked for it.

I don't know that there's any real distinction there.
[Reply]
Page 135 of 365
« First < 3585125131132133134135 136137138139145185235 > Last »
Up