ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 134 of 232
« First < 3484124130131132133134 135136137138144184 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Official 2017-2018 NBA Playoffs thread!
Al Bundy 08:21 PM 04-13-2018

We'll see if the Warriors recover from the end of the season stretch of stinkers.
[Reply]
ARROW2 09:13 AM 05-28-2018
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
Name your top 5. Mine, I no particular order:

Magic
Lebron
MJ
Kareem
Kobe
MJ, Kobe, magic and Kareem has always been my top 4 and you can add me as the 5th and we won't lose
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:15 AM 05-28-2018
Originally Posted by ARROW2:
MJ, Kobe, magic and Kareem has always been my top 4 and you can add me as the 5th and we won't lose
Come on man.. Bird in his 20s was as good as anybody not named MJ. Show your rival some love.
[Reply]
ARROW2 09:17 AM 05-28-2018
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
That's a good list.

I think Kobe is underrated by a lot of people. Probably mostly because of the rape scandal and the fact he played with Shaq so he doesn't get as much credit as he deserves but dude was a baller. People forget just how good he was at D which is an often overlooked skill when comparing basketball players. He also had a great fadeaway almost as good as MJs.
Went to finals 3 straight times without Shaw, from the tough west and won B2B WITHOUT SHAQ. I hate when people try to use that shit. Magic don't get penalized for having Kareem and worthy. That's bullshit
[Reply]
ARROW2 09:17 AM 05-28-2018
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Come on man.. Bird in his 20s was as good as anybody not named MJ. Show your rival some love.
You can add bird. I'm good with that

Wilt maybe?
[Reply]
ARROW2 09:19 AM 05-28-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
If LeBron carries this team over the Warriors there will be no doubts left. I don’t think any player in history could carry this Cavs team over the Warriors.
If that happens, it's fucking rigged. They waxed them last year, WITH kyrie
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:24 AM 05-28-2018
Originally Posted by ARROW2:
You can add bird. I'm good with that

Wilt maybe?
Yeah.. Wilt would be acceptable. I am also cool with Shaq. While not a thing of beauty he was an unstoppable force at his peak.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:44 AM 05-28-2018
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Keep in mind, I'm not knocking Lebron. Obviously an all-world player. But in the GOAT conversation.... Lebron has no one to blame but himself for the rosters he's played with. Sure, he's been unbelievable winning in spite of them. But Lebron has bullied his way into playing GM and he has been horrendously bad. If Lebron butted out of front office decisions, we may be writing a completely different legacy.
It's not an either/or. LeBron can force their hand to make certain decisions, the decisions themselves can be poor, and those decisions can still be no worse than what the Cavs would have done w/o LeBron's influence. What did the Cavs do before or after LeBron that showed they had any idea how to build a good roster?

Anthony Bennett is one of the biggest busts in NBA history. Wiggins, who they traded for Love, is the third best option on a mediocre Timberwolves team. Dion Waiters has worn out his welcome at multiple stops and can only put up stats on a bad team. The only guy you can point to is Irving, who is both injury prone and a sieve on defense, but because he can score, he's overrated by NBA casuals.

I'm sure the Cavs would have continued making terrible decisions with or without LeBron's input. And FTR, it wasn't LeBron that forced out Irving, either.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:45 AM 05-28-2018
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
Name your top 5. Mine, I no particular order:

Magic
Lebron
MJ
Kareem
Kobe
I think it’s a little easier to make an all time starting 5 than to pick the 5 best. Hard to compare Magic to Shaq for instance.

So here it is for me (IMO the greatest at each position, not necessarily what would make the best lineup):

PG-Magic
SG-MJ
SF-LeBron
PF-Tim Duncan
C-Kareem
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:46 AM 05-28-2018
Hamas winning the thread.

Great posts.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:47 AM 05-28-2018
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
It's not an either/or. LeBron can force their hand to make certain decisions, the decisions themselves can be poor, and those decisions can still be no worse than what the Cavs would have done w/o LeBron's influence. What did the Cavs do before or after LeBron that showed they had any idea how to build a good roster?

Anthony Bennett is one of the biggest busts in NBA history. Wiggins, who they traded for Love, is the third best option on a mediocre Timberwolves team. Dion Waiters has worn out his welcome at multiple stops and can only put up stats on a bad team. The only guy you can point to is Irving, who is both injury prone and a sieve on defense, but because he can score, he's overrated by NBA casuals.

I'm sure the Cavs would have continued making terrible decisions with or without LeBron's input. And FTR, it wasn't LeBron that forced out Irving, either.
You are arguing with a guy who thinks David Blatt was a good head coach.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:47 AM 05-28-2018

My take is simple. On a better managed franchise, LeBron wouldn’t have the pull that he does. He wouldn’t need to push for certain players if he had a front office that he could trust.

So yes, I agree that he’s pushed for players and some haven’t worked out. No player should have that much pull though. I place that issue squarely on the Cavs front office.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:50 AM 05-28-2018
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Well, when he was in the finals he was 6-0 and never needed a game 7. So I would guess better than a .333 win percentage.
That's idiotic.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:51 AM 05-28-2018
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
That's a good list.

I think Kobe is underrated by a lot of people. Probably mostly because of the rape scandal and the fact he played with Shaq so he doesn't get as much credit as he deserves but dude was a baller. People forget just how good he was at D which is an often overlooked skill when comparing basketball players. He also had a great fadeaway almost as good as MJs.
Kobe was not that great of a defender. He was good, but that's about it. And you can make a strong argument that he was the best player on only one of the teams he went to the Finals with, as Gasol put up more win shares their first three full years together in LA than Kobe, and Shaq was clearly better.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:52 AM 05-28-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
That's idiotic.
I think the only thing that dumbass knows anything about is steroid acne.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 10:00 AM 05-28-2018
Kobe was not that great of a defender. He was good, but that's about it. And you can make a strong argument that he was the best player on only one of the teams he went to the Finals with, as Gasol put up more win shares their first three full years together in LA than Kobe, and Shaq was clearly better.
Stop hating. Kobe was a great defender. You don't make the All-defense in the NBA 12X times (9x First team) by being just a good defender. He is one of the best on-ball defenders of all-time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBu28UwDzps
[Reply]
Page 134 of 232
« First < 3484124130131132133134 135136137138144184 > Last »
Up