ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 134 of 197
« First < 3484124130131132133134 135136137138144184 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs trade Tyreek Hill to the Dolphins
Dante84 10:34 AM 03-23-2022
Will update OP with more info.

Here it is: The #Chiefs are trading six-time Pro Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the #Dolphins, sources tell me and @TomPelissero.

The return is a first-round pick and more, while Hill gets a contract extension that puts him among the highest paid WRs in the NFL.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 23, 2022

Chiefs are trading six-time Pro-Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the Miami Dolphins for five draft picks: a 2022 1st-round pick (No. 29), a 2nd-round pick (No. 50) and a 4th-round pick, as well as 4th- and 6th-round picks in the 2023 draft, sources tell ESPN.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2022

[Reply]
saphojunkie 10:48 AM 04-24-2022
Does Hill have limitations? Of course.

But I'm not going to pretend that he isn't the most electric non-Mahomes player I've ever rooted for. I will GREATLY miss every single week knowing that he is going to do SOMETHING that literally no one in the stadium previously thought was possible on a play.

It was the most fun thing in the world. Like having a guarantee of showing up to a no-hitter. I love Tyreek. He's incredible. He will continue to be incredible in Miami.

But I would rather have very damn good + cap space + 5 picks over incredible. I think it lends itself to long term success, and that's what this franchise has to focus on. How to make every single mahomes year a super bowl run.

Love Tyreek. Miss Tyreek.

Happy with the trade.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:55 AM 04-24-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I'm actually not blaming Hill. I'm saying there is a style of defense that can, at times, render him rather ineffective in the course of a game outside drawing coverage..

Lol.. ok, well, welcome to literally every WR who has ever played.
[Reply]
neech 11:30 AM 04-24-2022
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:

But I'm not going to pretend that he isn't the most electric non-Mahomes player I've ever rooted for. I will GREATLY miss every single week knowing that he is going to do SOMETHING that literally no one in the stadium previously thought was possible on a play.

It was the most fun thing in the world. Like having a guarantee of showing up to a no-hitter. I love Tyreek. He's incredible. He will continue to be incredible in Miami.

But I would rather have very damn good + cap space + 5 picks over incredible. I think it lends itself to long term success, and that's what this franchise has to focus on. How to make every single mahomes year a super bowl run.

Happy with the trade.
This is my sentiments as well. Tyreek/Mahomes combo really made this team special but time to move on such is life.
[Reply]
DRU 12:52 PM 04-24-2022
I follow the same sentiment as others with love him, will miss him, but it had to be done given the circumstances.

That said, who's going to be our "gotta have it" guy now? How many times over the past 6 years have we had that moment and Reek was the guy who made it happen?

Off the top of my head, I'm thinking of the following:

- Very early in his career, I can't remember first year or second, but Smith was QB and we were at Denver I believe. Come back, final seconds to tie (or win I can't remember) and Reek made the plays. This was the first time I actually perked up and though to myself wow, big moment, big play...could he do that more?

- At Dallas end of 1st half - throw it to him short and let him work his way through the crowd (untouched) for a TD.

- 4th down gotta have it moment(s) against the Ravens.

- Super Bowl

- Bills - Both the long one with 1 min left and then the end 13 second play to start that series of events.

I know there are a bunch more I'm not thinking of right now. These are big time, pressure is on, everybody watching, gotta have it moments, and he made them happen on the regular.

I said it at the time and people told me I was wrong, but Hardman had his chance to raise himself to that level and become "one of the guys" in the Bills game last year had he really made a true effort to score and win the game instead of running out of bounds. He said himself after the game in an interview "I probably should have tried to score, but I knew the guys would get it done." That means he doesn't see himself as one of the guys, so do we want to count on him in these gotta have it scenarios?

We've got Kelce, of course, but he'll be keyed in on.

I know JuJu and MVS are good, but I really haven't watched much of them. Are they big moment kinda guys?

Is this what we'll be searching for in the draft? Talent is one thing, but taking on those moments is another.

As much as I'll miss the overall exciting nature of watching Hill play, these are the moments I'll be concerned about until I see somebody else take over that role.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 01:08 PM 04-24-2022
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:

Happy with the trade.
We'll be looking back in a couple years calling Veach "Legend" for making moves just like this.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:12 PM 04-24-2022
Originally Posted by DRU:
I follow the same sentiment as others with love him, will miss him, but it had to be done given the circumstances.

That said, who's going to be our "gotta have it" guy now? How many times over the past 6 years have we had that moment and Reek was the guy who made it happen?

- Very early in his career, I can't remember first year or second, but Smith was QB and we were at Denver I believe. Come back, final seconds to tie (or win I can't remember) and Reek made the plays. This was the first time I actually perked up and though to myself wow, big moment, big play...could he do that more?

- At Dallas end of 1st half - throw it to him short and let him work his way through the crowd (untouched) for a TD.

- Super Bowl

- Bills - Both the long one with 1 min left and then the end 13 second play to start that series of events.

I know there are a bunch more I'm not thinking of right now. These are big time, pressure is on, everybody watching, gotta have it moments, and he made them happen on the regular.

I said it at the time and people told me I was wrong, but Hardman had his chance to raise himself to that level and become "one of the guys" in the Bills game last year had he really made a true effort to score and win the game instead of running out of bounds. He said himself after the game in an interview "I probably should have tried to score, but I knew the guys would get it done." That means he doesn't see himself as one of the guys, so do we want to count on him in these gotta have it scenarios?

We've got Kelce, of course, but he'll be keyed in on.

I know JuJu and MVS are good, but I really haven't watched much of them. Are they big moment kinda guys?

Is this what we'll be searching for in the draft? Talent is one thing, but taking on those moments is another.

As much as I'll miss the overall exciting nature of watching Hill play, these are the moments I'll be concerned about until I see somebody else take over that role.
It won't be just one guy.

The 'one guy is going to win this for us' has not proven sustainable.

It will be a group of playmakers, that can't be keyed on.

The only place where KC is reliant on ONE GUY is at QB, and that's just fine.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:03 PM 04-24-2022

- Super Bowl

- Bills - Both the long one with 1 min left and then the end 13 second play to start that series of events..

4th and 9 bomb against the Ravens in 2018

4th and 1 conversion from Henne in the 2020 Divisional vs the Browns

We had a big 3rd down conversion to ice the game @ Tampa Bay in 2020 that went to Hill

His long TDs @ LAC early 2020 and vs the Browns in week 1 2021 really sparked the comebacks in those games

I'm sure there a ton more that are escaping me at the moment. Hill made a lot of plays for us, many of them in big moments.
[Reply]
stevieray 02:32 PM 04-24-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
He made Alex Smith a 4000 yard passing QB.

Alex. ****ing. Smith.
Made?

Alex Smith put him on the map.
[Reply]
-King- 02:34 PM 04-24-2022
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Made?

:-). How many 4000 yard seasons did Alex have before that? And after that?
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 03:36 PM 04-24-2022
Fuck it, Tua is back there, somewhere...
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:42 PM 04-24-2022
Made?

Imagine logging in and posting this lol
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 03:59 PM 04-24-2022
Made?

[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 04:04 PM 04-24-2022
I'd say they wanted Hill to play out this year, franchise tag next year, then trade him potentially next offseason. He would have been pushing 30 by then. It came a year sooner than expected. I heard Hill threatened to hold out and that sealed his fate. It was an absolute shock at the time but Veach's draft last year was special, including the Zeus trade. It was the right move.
[Reply]
Rasputin 04:16 PM 04-24-2022

[Reply]
TEX 04:29 PM 04-24-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
4th and 9 bomb against the Ravens in 2018

4th and 1 conversion from Henne in the 2020 Divisional vs the Browns

We had a big 3rd down conversion to ice the game @ Tampa Bay in 2020 that went to Hill

His long TDs @ LAC early 2020 and vs the Browns in week 1 2021 really sparked the comebacks in those games

I'm sure there a ton more that are escaping me at the moment. Hill made a lot of plays for us, many of them in big moments.
Exactly. That's why I laugh when people present the argument that the Chiefs have a winning record without Hill, as their main thesis. What about all the times they won with Hill? Still not good with the trade.
[Reply]
Page 134 of 197
« First < 3484124130131132133134 135136137138144184 > Last »
Up