ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 133 of 176
« First < 3383123129130131132133 134135136137143 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2018 Royals Offseason Repository ***
duncan_idaho 08:24 PM 11-17-2017
It's the end of the world as we know it... and we feel... fine?

2018 is a season of transition for the Royals, or at least it is at this point. Dayton Moore is back. Will he swing full into THE PROCESS 2.0? Or will he try to load up again and make some reload magic happen?

Pending Free Agents:
1B | Eric Hosmer | San Diego Padres, 8 years, $144 million ($5 million signing bonus; $20 million/year in Yrs 1-5; $13 million/year in Yrs 6-8 wth player opt out)
Spoiler!

3B | Mike Moustaskas | Kansas City Royas, 1, $6.5 million
Spoiler!

CF | Lorenzo Cain | Milwaukee Brewers, 5 years, $80 million
Spoiler!

RP | Mike Minor | Texas Rangers, 3, $28 million
Spoiler!

SP | Jason Vargas | New York Mets, 2, $16 million
Spoiler!

SS | Alcides Escobar | Kansas City Royals, 1, $2.5 million
Spoiler!

2018 MLB Draft Picks
#33 - Compensation (Eric Hosmer)
#34 - Compensation (Lorenzo Cain)
#40 (Competitive Balance Round A)

Comp picks explanation:
Spoiler!

2018 Draft Names to Watch

RHP Kumar Rocker, N Oconnee HS, Georgia.
Spoiler!

OF Jarred Kelenic, Waukasha West HS, WI
Spoiler!

1B Triston Casas, American Heritage HS (FL).
Spoiler!

RHP Carter Stewart, Eau de Gallie HS (Ga).
Spoiler!

ANY Any, Any (Any). Any current top projected pick who slides for injury concerns. Includes current top prospect prospect SP Brady Singer, U of Florida.
[Reply]
okie-dokie 11:20 PM 03-06-2018
So, what happen to play the young guys and rebuilding!
[Reply]
tk13 11:30 PM 03-06-2018
I just don't think they're going to sign Moose, and if they did he'd play some first or DH. It's time to see what Cuthbert is made of at 3B.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:53 PM 03-06-2018
Originally Posted by tk13:
I just don't think they're going to sign Moose, and if they did he'd play some first or DH. It's time to see what Cuthbert is made of at 3B.
Agreed. I don't know where Moose fits at this point. If they're serious about giving Cutty 500 AB's, I don't see how that happens with Moose in the picture.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 07:43 AM 03-07-2018
Originally Posted by okie-dokie:
I think that GMDM realized that he doesn't have many of those young guys around that can produce at the MLB level. I think the youth movement is going to start at the A and AA level.
[Reply]
DeepSouth 09:43 AM 03-07-2018
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
I think that GMDM realized that he doesn't have many of those young guys around that can produce at the MLB level. I think the youth movement is going to start at the A and AA level.
Plus, he signed Escobar, Duda, and Jay to one year deals. Mondesi, Hunter, and Starling will all be playing together in Omaha. That would allow the Royals to bring all three up at the same time whether it be in July or next year.
Also, If Soler, Boni, Cuthbert, or Merrifield have good years, I wouldn't be surprised to see one or two of these guys traded for pitching or left handed hitters. The Royals without Duda and Jay are very heavy with right handed bats.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:05 PM 03-07-2018
Yeah, dumb. We know how Dayton loves band aids, though. Maybe the thought is we can flip them for some crappy draft picks come trade deadline (Jay & Duda)
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:17 PM 03-07-2018
Moose and wife just had a newbie

He's gotta get a job quickly so he can feed that thing
[Reply]
Strongside 12:43 PM 03-07-2018
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:

He's gotta get a job quickly so he can feed that thing
The kid or his wife?
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 01:05 PM 03-07-2018

I don't think they were comfortable throwing Cuth, Dozier, Mondesi, and Soler all out there at once to sink or swim without a safety net in place. What has Esky, Jay, and Duda cost about 7 mil in 1 year deals?
[Reply]
DanT 01:10 PM 03-07-2018
I really like Dayton Moore. I just finished reading his book, More than a Season, which makes me like him more.

I like that the Royals aren't totally giving up on the season. I think they'll give the youngsters a lot of plate appearances while also giving the team a chance to win a moderate number of games, enough that we could have an outside chance of making the playoffs.

I don't think that jockeying for the worst possible record and best possible draft pick makes much sense when so many teams seem to be trying to do the same thing. If the market is going to be so out-of-whack, I'd rather add a few proven major leaguers to the mix and see what happens.

The Royals seem so much better off now with their Scouting and Player Development systems, I think these next few seasons will be very interesting. Also, the 2015 World Series win takes a lot of the edge off of doing a partial rebuild.
[Reply]
DanT 01:19 PM 03-07-2018
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
I don't think they were comfortable throwing Cuth, Dozier, Mondesi, and Soler all out there at once to sink or swim without a safety net in place. What has Esky, Jay, and Duda cost about 7 mil in 1 year deals?

To me, that's a good bargain. Mondesi and Soler, in particular, seem to have a good chance of either being valuable major leaguers in 2018 or being disappointments. I'd rather have some insurance. That said, I should also say that I'm expecting Esky to have a better 2018 than 2017.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:26 PM 03-07-2018
Originally Posted by DanT:
To me, that's a good bargain. Mondesi and Soler, in particular, seem to have a good chance of either being valuable major leaguers in 2018 or being disappointments. I'd rather have some insurance. That said, I should also say that I'm expecting Esky to have a better 2018 than 2017.
I have a feeling that someone is going to want Esky prior to the deadline. We won't get a top prospect, but we'll get something and can then slide Mondesi to short if needed.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 02:06 PM 03-07-2018
I don't see anyone who'd want him. What contender right now, as things stand, need a SS anyway?

Cleveland (lindor), Spanks (gregorius), Hou (Correa), ANA (Simmons), Red Sox (Bogarts), Dodgers (Seager), Cubs (Russell), Nats (Turner). None of them need a SS unless they're hurt and even then, Escobar isn't a very good option
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:08 PM 03-07-2018
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
I don't see anyone who'd want him. What contender right now, as things stand, need a SS anyway?

Cleveland (lindor), Spanks (gregorius), Hou (Correa), ANA (Simmons), Red Sox (Bogarts), Dodgers (Seager), Cubs (Russell), Nats (Turner). None of them need a SS unless they're hurt and even then, Escobar isn't a very good option
I assumed someone would go down and they might need a replacement.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 03:35 PM 03-07-2018
:-)

Free agent pitcher Ricky Nolasco is closing in on a deal with the #Royals.

— Jerry Crasnick (@jcrasnick) March 7, 2018

[Reply]
Page 133 of 176
« First < 3383123129130131132133 134135136137143 > Last »
Up