last 4 mins Durant 12 pts

Lebron 4
[Reply]
RobBlake 11:27 PM 06-07-2017
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
So dumb.
results.

korver has been trash all series long.

He played an AMAZING game up until the closing minutes. He's been the best player in the playoffs but God... there's literally not a single ounce of clutch or killer instinct mentality in his body.
I can understand deferring to Kyrie cause he's a great closer and had a great game. But really? Dishing it to Korver for what is essentially the key shot in the game and also dishing it to JR to lay bricks just doesn't add up. Yeah Korver and JR hit a few in the second half, but they also missed a handful of good lucks and JR was beginning to chuck some random shots.
[Reply]
tk13 11:27 PM 06-07-2017
You are never going to be able to outscore these guys in a million years. I wonder if some team just needs to Moneyball it and go the other way and be extremely physical on offense.

If you could put a decent team around someone like Anthony Davis, you could probably compete at least. You just need a large athletic freak that the Warriors don't have the personnel to defend. Or you need a team who can slow the game down effectively. Something to try and make these guys play defense and wear them down a bit. Even that's not a guarantee. But what the Cavs are doing right now just isn't going to work.
[Reply]
RobBlake 11:35 PM 06-07-2017
Originally Posted by tk13:
You are never going to be able to outscore these guys in a million years. I wonder if some team just needs to Moneyball it and go the other way and be extremely physical on offense.

If you could put a decent team around someone like Anthony Davis, you could probably compete at least. You just need a large athletic freak that the Warriors don't have the personnel to defend. Or you need a team who can slow the game down effectively. Something to try and make these guys play defense and wear them down a bit. Even that's not a guarantee. But what the Cavs are doing right now just isn't going to work.
spurs are a team that can match up with them
[Reply]
penbrook 11:40 PM 06-07-2017
Originally Posted by RobBlake:
spurs are a team that can match up with them
This. I heard Chris Paul is gonna give the Spurs serious consideration during free agency
[Reply]
New World Order 11:47 PM 06-07-2017
Jordan's 12 points in 3 minutes, including the game winner:

[Reply]
RobBlake 11:49 PM 06-07-2017
Originally Posted by penbrook:
This. I heard Chris Paul is gonna give the Spurs serious consideration during free agency
injuries has really made the playoffs suck the past couple years.. take a lot at the east last couple years.. lebron has had an easy path.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 01:08 AM 06-08-2017
Originally Posted by New World Order:

Nobody did the NBA Playoffs better than NBC.
[Reply]
Miles 01:18 AM 06-08-2017
Originally Posted by New World Order:

Watched most of this expecting something great. Realize the moment but did not deliver.
[Reply]
-King- 02:33 AM 06-08-2017

Natural shooting motion
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 03:59 AM 06-08-2017
Originally Posted by RobBlake:
results.

korver has been trash all series long.

He played an AMAZING game up until the closing minutes. He's been the best player in the playoffs but God... there's literally not a single ounce of clutch or killer instinct mentality in his body.
I can understand deferring to Kyrie cause he's a great closer and had a great game. But really? Dishing it to Korver for what is essentially the key shot in the game and also dishing it to JR to lay bricks just doesn't add up. Yeah Korver and JR hit a few in the second half, but they also missed a handful of good lucks and JR was beginning to chuck some random shots.
Wouldn't say there isn't an ounce of killer instinct. He just doesn't close games the way MJ does. I've always said it's easily the one thing that separates him and MJ. He's still a solid enough closer. Just not even close to the same level as the GOAT.
[Reply]
-King- 04:13 AM 06-08-2017
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Except the defense had collapsed on him and Durant blocked his lane to the basket. If he takes a shot there, it's a relatively low percentage contested two point shot. Instead of doing that, he made the right basketball play (as he almost always does) and passed to one of the best spot shooters in the history of basketball for an open three. Other than a layup/dunk, you literally cannot get a better shot than that.

Korver just missed it and that's not on LeBron James.
Both of you are wrong. LeBron didn't have an easy lane to the basket because Durant came down to help and korver also didn't have an easy shot because Curry stepped out and contested it.

But since both plays are low percentage, LeBron should have kept it. There's a higher % of him making it or at least drawing a foul than korver making a contested 3. Especially given how he has been shooting.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
mcaj22 05:20 AM 06-08-2017
Tristan Thompson gets a lot of money to be bad at his role
[Reply]
Al Bundy 05:45 AM 06-08-2017
So, I had a look at the average minutes per game in a finals. Jordan averaged 46.3 minutes per game in the 1993 Finals, while Pippen averaged 46 minutes and Charles Barkley averaged 46.4 minutes in that same series.
[Reply]
vailpass 09:17 AM 06-08-2017
Originally Posted by Al Bundy:
So, I had a look at the average minutes per game in a finals. Jordan averaged 46.3 minutes per game in the 1993 Finals, while Pippen averaged 46 minutes and Charles Barkley averaged 46.4 minutes in that same series.
And none of them sat out regular season games just to rest for the playoffs.
[Reply]
Page 133 of 185
« First < 3383123129130131132133 134135136137143183 > Last »
Up