ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 133 of 268
« First < 3383123129130131132133 134135136137143183233 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Episode VIII SPOILERS thread
DaneMcCloud 03:28 PM 01-20-2016
For all things Episode VIII related info including spoilers.

The release date is now December 15, 2017.

The Official Synopsis from Star Wars.com

“In Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi, the Skywalker saga continues as the heroes of The Force Awakens join the galactic legends in an epic adventure that unlocks age-old mysteries of the Force and shocking revelations of the past.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi opens in U.S. theaters on December 15, 2017.”

New footage in Japanese Trailer

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:56 PM 12-17-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I don’t think he’s too old but his presence would have been a bit too much in this film. With no Luke, Leia or Han in Episode IX, he’d be a better fit in that story, IMO.

I don’t think anyone’s mentioned just how cool Maz Kanata was in this film. When she blasted off at the end of her scene, I had a huge smile on my face.

I love Maz and hope she’s in Solo, as rumored.
Oh yes...yes. GREAT cameo. I loved that she was using one of the Rebel troopers' blasters from Episode IV.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:59 PM 12-17-2017
Originally Posted by RobBlake:
Ian would murk all these fools
Are you referring to Episode III? Where hamfisted direction resulted in Palpatine skewering two Jedi Masters standing around like they were padawans? :-)

Just stop.
[Reply]
Predarat 02:09 PM 12-17-2017
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
My ranking after one viewing. 54678312. Rogue One would be between 4 and 6.
Not sure what I am going to do with 8 but my ranking is very close to yours. but Rogue One is between 6 and 7. Almost identical otherwise.
[Reply]
RobBlake 02:09 PM 12-17-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Are you referring to Episode III? Where hamfisted direction resulted in Palpatine skewering two Jedi Masters standing around like they were padawans? :-)

Just stop.
The fighting is pedistrian brute force no stylistic approach at all. Episode one did that better and with more emotion
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:18 PM 12-17-2017
Originally Posted by RobBlake:
The fighting is pedistrian brute force no stylistic approach at all.
Just like the original trilogy.

Far preferable to rave-dancing with glowsticks.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:20 PM 12-17-2017
Saw this today and was disappointed. The writing was average at best and this movie doesn’t hold a candle to Rogue One.

The writing was seriously a giant mess.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 02:23 PM 12-17-2017
Originally Posted by temper11:
And, not to be a dick, but this is coming off a bit like a child that is throwing a fit because he didn't get exactly what he wanted for Christmas. I think you need to come into these movies with less expectations for what IS going to happen OR ELSE.
The issue for a ton of fans is TFA left a bunch plot lines that looked to be set up for big reveals if you spent the last 2 years watching videos on youtube about the lore of star wars.

This was a pretty disappointing luke's reasoning for leaving is all over the place.

Rey being Rey random takes what was special and fun about her and ruins it at least for me and ton of other fans

and Snoke dying with no backstory is a crime.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 02:24 PM 12-17-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Saw this today and was disappointed. The writing was average at best and this movie doesn’t hold a candle to Rogue One.

The writing was seriously a giant mess.
I've seen it twice I still hate the writing but it might be the most beautiful star wars movie ever made Crait was amazing.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robcain.../#29aa59491d7b

Fans are fucking pissed.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:28 PM 12-17-2017
Rian Johnson managed to fuck up value for the best good and bad character in the film. He’s a terrible fit for this and Disney should have realized it earlier.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 02:40 PM 12-17-2017
Rian Johnson managed to **** up value for the best good and bad character in the film. He’s a terrible fit for this and Disney should have realized it earlier.
Disney is giving him his own trilogy.......

With the worst user reviews for a star wars movie ever.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:42 PM 12-17-2017
Rian Johnson managed to fuck up value for the best good and bad character in the film. He’s a terrible fit for this and Disney should have realized it earlier.
Di$ney isn't going to care what whiners think....Rian is going to make so much fucking money for them.

His trilogy is going to be A-MAZ-ING.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:44 PM 12-17-2017
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
Rey being Rey random takes what was special and fun about her and ruins it at least for me and ton of other fans
Not confirmed...

Originally Posted by :
and Snoke dying with no backstory is a crime.
The Emperor had ZERO backstory explained in the OT.

Snoke is going to get fleshed out in comics and other media...relax.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:48 PM 12-17-2017
Not confirmed...
Rian Johnson said today that Rey's parentage isn't confirmed and that Chris Terrio and JJ Abrams have liberty to do whatever they want with the character.

https://www.bustle.com/p/did-kylo-re...ohnson-7616482

"Now as we know in these movies, you know the whole idea of a certain point of view comes into play and as you know I’m not involved in writing the next movie. JJ [Abrams] and Chris [Terrio] are writing it so, I want to make it clear I’m not sure how it’s going to get resolved," he adds. "For me the important part was saying it was an emotionally honest revelation, I feel like it, I don’t know, I believed it."
[Reply]
RunKC 02:51 PM 12-17-2017
Di$ney isn't going to care what whiners think....Rian is going to make so much ****ing money for them.
And this is the problem..
[Reply]
oaklandhater 02:52 PM 12-17-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Rian Johnson said today that Rey's parentage isn't confirmed and that Chris Terrio and JJ Abrams have liberty to do whatever they want with the character.
And at this point with the fan blacklash over this Choice I would JJ is more than likely going to make Rey Related to some one in the next star wars.

Just for fan appeasement.
[Reply]
Page 133 of 268
« First < 3383123129130131132133 134135136137143183233 > Last »
Up